Today I Feel Good Because...

Ahh, thinking about sex......aka 'The Glory Days' :eek:

I wish I remembered what 1st base even looks like. I'm the reserve pinch hitter dreaming of even getting up to bat
well, least you still got that leather glove :p

Last edited:
Today I felt good cuz my jeans kept falling past my ass after i left the house and thought, huh, I must have lost a few pounds, theyre really loose fitting

visited my aunt, who says to me 'geez, you got fat'

sigh

I feel good today because i have come a long way in letting little things bother me. I have learned t just breathe because some things are not worth it.
'Don't sweat the small stuff' ...... sometimes easier said than done but very wise!

Oh and today I feel good cause I get my kids for the weekend! Sunday I will feel good giving them back maybe!

Have not read this recently, and to be honest I've not had as many happy days as I would have liked lately.

But I made a very nice dinner and had some really good wine with a very good friend. Her parents gave her a couple of venison chops, and the very first time I've cooked that nice a cut. Made some sweet potato blue cheese stacks, which were not as I hoped, but very tasty, and will be better next time. I do like doing new things. Sauteed spinach with shallots, and a truly lovely pinotage, The Grinder. Missed the last few bottles of the 2016, but was not unhappy with the 2017 for the price point.

Health issues continue, but I am feeling like there may be light at the end of the tunnel. A day surgery next week, and a longer surgery soon (I hope) for a different issue.

Oh, and over 4 months without a smoke. I feel pretty good about that, not really a struggle anymore. I get a little missing it occasionally, and not so much like I feel like I am deprived.

Well, when my life is pretty low, it is even more important to find those small things

I felt like I contributed something here.

I was up early enough to see dawn. Not overall ideal because I had been up all night, and I am still up.

Wait, this is why I feel good.

Let me look under the bed. Dust bunnies are our friends.

Maybe I am delusional, but I don't think that ii it, but I participated here again. I have felt less valuable than I used to be. Well, I am.

Not one but two friends helped me to get some lamb shoulder. Bit of a relay race.

My whole wheat flour has gotten a very tired. I haven't shown it much action for quite some time.

And for white soda bread, pfft, I'll line up at Lidl (did I get that right).

Onions, carrots, turnips and a plan in place for Irish Whiskey. Tullamore Dew is my buddy's first choice, and it is on sale. Personally, I am a Jamesons gal myself. Bushmills... well, I am not a fan.

Maybe I feel too strongly about certain issues, but boycott all bars that bill Coffee with Bailleys as an Irish Coffee. Bailleys in your coffee is lovely, but it is not an Irish Coffee. I usually top mine with whipped cream, but I might be a heretic.

AFAIK, none of my local stores have whipped cream cheap, authentic it is.

Those wondering where the Guiness is in my Sunday? It is literally in my Sundae... a Stout and Coffee Ice Cream Float.

It was on the menu for Valentine's Day, but ended up too full to have dessert.

President's Choice makes an more than acceptable Cheese Fondue.

I will be back soon to tell you what is good. It reinforces that not all is bad.

It is no secret or revelation that I have health issues. In so many many ways I am better now then then. But I'm also sixty and have issues that the miracles of modern medicine might help. A good part of the reason I'm so F"d I ended up with a botched surgery by an addict doctor who is now dead. I was here through a year of such hell I don't think I would have got through it with my fellow CMers.

I was expecting to have some surgical dates in the reasonable future after a long wait. A day surgery was set for Tuesday. Monday night I get a call it has been cancelled due to flooding, and it will be weeks before the operating rooms are viable. Today, in the paper it is expected that it will be 7 or 8 months. Not that mine will be delayed 7 or 8 months, there will be a backlog of 7 or 8 months of patients needing surgery.

On the bright side I will be Irish on Sunday.

If anyone else would like to post why they are happy or why I should be happy, please do. I' am always hoping other people are happy.

I am a true believer that your luck or wins do not hamper my chances, and I am rooting for all of you.

I think I should stop posting now.

Thank you for letting me vent. If you like this post, I won't take it as you like my current state.

And if you don't, I wont take it personally either. Old age has it's privileges.

Her parents gave her a couple of venison chops, and the very first time I've cooked that nice a cut.

Love Venison.....though I can't afford it all the time as it's a little deer for me!!!

Today I feel good because I got to make a Dad joke and congratulations @Jasminebed for giving up smoking!

Today I am happy because after a large series of negative events a few lights showed up.

Also I am still in good mood because the big win at Trada. I seriously learned a bit from the past, instead to put it in again I took 90 % out of my bank account and stored it at a safe place. Still I could not prevent a controll loss, it reduced the win by 95 € and this could be more but I screamed and fought against myself and it was sucessfull. I mean it would be stupid to risk such a great win for 95 € and then I accepted that it is still a profit I can be happy with.

Today i am not happy but sad for those in new zealand who lost their lives including children. Evil will never win overall though and I am happy for that. RIP.

A flip-flop day
Feel good because I got a lot of yard work done - rucking out the gardens, pulling out weeds and rocks, moving flagstones/patio stones

Don't feel so good because those bloody things feel like they weigh in excess of 200lb and I'm paying for it. Don't feel so good because no closer to getting a hot tub this summer which would help aching me.

Feel good because I know spring is around the corner :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back