Today I Feel Good Because...

Today the sun is shining. Still too cool to sit outside, but looks like by next week hopefully.

Friend is picking up some hot dogs and buns and heading over soon. I'll ask her to pick me up a can of porter or stout too, as need to make more mustard. I actually like basic yellow mustard on a hot dog, but I like whole grain mustards for a lot of other dishes. Last one just used a blonde beer, wanted something less distinctive for Easter ham.

Today the sun is shining. Still too cool to sit outside, but looks like by next week hopefully.

Friend is picking up some hot dogs and buns and heading over soon. I'll ask her to pick me up a can of porter or stout too, as need to make more mustard. I actually like basic yellow mustard on a hot dog, but I like whole grain mustards for a lot of other dishes. Last one just used a blonde beer, wanted something less distinctive for Easter ham.
playing it by ear here, want to go my bud's and chill, but weather up in the air and grey and looking like rain; if the sun busts out, im hopping on the bike and tooting over to enjoy :)
beer sounds yummy though :)

Well, is May Two-Four weekend coming up. Funny that we still celebrate Victoria day while the UK does not.
ya, but unless youre over 50, probably noone calls it victoria day anymore besides the govt :D - as you say, May Two-Four; was gonna camp but the weather's so wonky cancelled and gonna play by ear now

I consider myself a patriot and never heard of Victoria Day?!
from wiki (links/citations removed)

Victoria Day (French Fête de la Reine, or "Celebration of the Queen") is a federal Canadian public holday celebrated on the last Monday preceding May 24, in honour of Queen vicoria's birthday. As such, it is the Monday between the 18th to the 24th inclusive, and thus is always the penultimate Monday of May. The date is simultaneously that on which the current Canadian sovereign's official birthday is recognized. It is sometimes informally considered the beginning of the summer season in Canada.

The holiday has been observed in Canada since at least 1845, originally falling on Victoria's actual birthday (May 24, 1819). It continues to be celebrated in various fashions across the country; the holiday has always been a distinctly Canadian observance.Victoria Day is a federal statutory holiday as well as a holiday in six of Canada's ten provinces and all three of its territories.

turned out to be a rotten, freezing, rainstorm night
however
it's what usually happens may 24 weekend even though we hope otherwise
so still made the best of it...tunes, drinks, friends indoors
life...and fun is what you make of it :)

(if youre not Canadian, May 24 might not have the same impact and importance)

Also, I lived in Charlton back in '98 when they beat Sunderland beat Sunderland at Wembley, after a 4-4 draw. I remember being precariously perched off my balcony as the team did its bus parade too :eek:

Today Charlton beat them again in pretty dramatic circumstances, so it's great to see a club of my formative years do so well again, against the odds :cool:

Up the Addicks! :D:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

I see I went all 'Jimmy Two-times' in my late-eve ramblings. Something about Charlton or some shit

Today I will maybe feel happy as I go to book some more Marina tickets for October. Only saw her early May but the greedy b*tch wants to rinse her fans :D:p

Tickets go on sale in 20 minutes. Holy jeepers!

Last edited:
Also, I lived in Charlton back in '98 when they beat Sunderland beat Sunderland at Wembley, after a 4-4 draw. I remember being precariously perched off my balcony as the team did its bus parade too :eek:

Today Charlton beat them again in pretty dramatic circumstances, so it's great to see a club of my formative years do so well again, against the odds :cool:

Up the Addicks! :D:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:
My great uncle Sam Bartram played in goal for Charlton between the 30's and 50's and he was known as the greatest goalkeeper that England never used. He has a statue outside the ground

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back