Today I Feel Good Because...

Right this moment in time, I feel good because:

Cannabis, plans for a great meal tomorrow with my friend Heather for her birthday, and TEPACHE!

A little over a week ago, pineapples were on for 2/$2. That's right, the low low price of 59p.

So since whole pork loins were on the sale the following week, ginger pork with pineapple was on the menu Wednesday.

IMG_20190604_192120754.jpg IMG_20190604_192120754.jpg

Since I had TWO pineapples, I peeled and cored both of them, and made Tepache, a fermented pineapple beverage from the peel and cores of both of them. The "mildly alcoholic" beverage is probably around 3% alcohol. Tomorrow one of us will climb up on my kitchen stool and get my hydrometre and cylinder out of the top cupboard and measure the specific gravity.

It's known as one of the number of "aguas refresco", or refreshing waters one can make. Peels that would have been compost, and a cup of brown sugar, a few cloves and a cinnamon stick, and in our case a dried ripe seranno chili from last year. It is not all that sweet, as part of the sugar has converted to alcohol, and it has tannic notes that are tea-like.

I have been struggling lately, and making something new to eat or drink makes me feel a little like I accomplished something.

And there are three more servings of above ginger pork with pineapples and peppers in my freezer ready to microwave on a day I am not as ambitious.

Birthday luncheon tomorrow is a rare duck breast salad, with blue cheese, pickled beets, maybe pan seared sweet potatos with some heat, depends how hot it is, frizzled shallots and a bottled balsamic and fig dressing, which I will dress up with some duck fat and homemade grainy mustard. A pinot noir from Chile, currently on sale from the LCBO, should be a nice fit to our lunch.

Heather requested the day off work for her birthday, and they scheduled her for 5:30 am on Sunday. So lunch it is, instead of dinner, and few post meal bevies, and home and asleep before the streetlights go off. Works well for both of us.

The duck was originally supposed to be for my birthday dinner, until I found that serving of dry scallops I didn't remember cooking and eathing.

There's still a breast left to make some more duck proscuitto with, and a couple of leg quarters for quick confit.

If you are willing to spend a little time cutting up larger pieces or whole birds, you can spend more money on booze or gambling.

And if you yammer on for an hour or so on CM, you haven't gambled your weekend cashback yet from VS.

I was really really in a rotten mode this morning, drugs food and alcohol do help improve my mood. As do friends

God forbid I should feel good for more than 20 minutes at a time. Think my freezer, just full of food, may have bit the biscuit. Downstairs tenant came up to tell me water was leaking through the basement ceiling. On the bright side, I'd already damaged the hardwood floors. Not a problem I can solve tonight, but one that makes me want to weep.

Today I feel good spiritually/emotionally.
Went to my cousin's Celebration of Life yesterday. And gotta say, circumstances aside, was a lovely day. Tears but a lot of laughs and smiles and music
also, my brother who's in a wheelchair was able to come out to 1st family event in a year and was thankful so much fam was sure to stop to hug and kiss him.

Today, I'm broken physically. slinging his wheelchair in and out of the van like I was 20 though twice that and paying for it today (ow)

Today I feel good because I like the view out my window
Day lilies, which are like, a 0 maintenance flower - I've 2 digging dogs, so active gardening is a waste of time, but these just tend to themselves; makes for a nice little back drop on the deck

66297273_10157211368862165_126977456815996928_n.jpg

20190711_133033_resized.jpg

20190711_133053_resized.jpg

20190711_133225_resized.jpg

20190711_134009_HDR_resized.jpg

Today I feel good because
I've been spending a lot of time out on the water.
I've always lived on and grew up on beaches but because 'it's always been there', never bothered to take advantage
This summer I've been out on the lake a lot in the tube, sucking up sun and swimming
Still fat lol, but a good workout and relaxing day as well.
Burnt like cookies you left in while surfing the net, and probably aged 10 years in crow's feet, but at least not Casper pasty :p

Today I feel good because Nate Diaz won at the UFC last night in a convincing win over Anthony Pettis. Nate is one of my all time favs along with his brother Nick. I would love to see him get a title shot.

Being in the UK had to get up at 2am and coast till 6 but well worth it, some great fights and not stayed up to watch one live for a while.

Nate.jpeg

Today I feel good because I am taking my kids to the beach and its going to be hot, hot hot!

Of course, because I am with my children there will be no 'walking on the beaches, looking at the peaches'......

hang on, whats that film where the man sends his kid to chat up the girls.........im thinking of Big Daddy...and I have twice the power with two!

Have a Great Bank Holiday Monday for anyone who gets it!

Not going to the beach but I am visiting mother dearest on this most wonderful of warm days!

So technically that doesn't count as feeling good today, in fact I'd rather be in the shade with the blinds down and sound-proof windows so I don't have to listen to feral people populating normally- civil regions of our streets with their enthused cackling, but hey ho. Should be over soon enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back