Tattoos- A turn on or a turn off?

Turn off, why do people want to draw on themselves, isn't it like wearing the same t-shirt year after year and not being able to change it same with piercings.

At some point tattoos will go out of fashion like flares and mulletts and people will look old fashioned.

At some point tattoos will go out of fashion like flares and mulletts and people will look old fashioned.
welllll, theyve been around for 5000 plus years - for a trend, id say it's one with longevity :D

as to the whys, lots of variations; fashion statements, commemorative marks, deeply personal 'stamps'

for me, i backpacked across Canada and back (plus, a proud Canadian) and wanted to mark the occasion

While I can appreciate a well done piece or understand one's desire to have something of personal meaning to them, I've never found them attractive on women, though something small, personal and that can be covered on a dressed up night out, It's not my place to say otherwise nor is it enough to deter me being with someone. However full sleeves, prison tats and other such body art on anyone has absolutely triggered my shallow side and has deterred me from being with them, though still respect their personal choices and right to individual choice, can make great friends.. just not for me.

As for myself, I always thought, maybe at some point.. 1 piece of incredible personal value that I could picture still being happy with in 20-40 years after the stretch, fade, ripple etc.. just never found that particular idea that made the cut so my body remains unbranded.. I did always tell my mother though that all she had to do was ask and I'd get one in tribute to her.. an M on each ass cheek.. she never took me up on the offer ;-)

I have a trap stamp! But I had it designed and created way before the girls in the fast car mags.
It is also very significant and personal to me in meaning.

As for men..... if you have strong, muscled arms then a basic bicep tat....yes please x phwarrgggghhh

Yeah I think they look good on most people - and long as they are not totally covered in 'em... or on their faces.
There's a guy I've seen a few times locally has his WHOLE FACE tattooed a very dark colour (along with most of his body). Why would anyone want to do that to themselves??? :eek:

A similar subject, I find facial piercings anywhere other than in people's ears a total turn-off. Especially tongues & lips.
But hey - each to their own!

KK

No way i would ever pay someone to inflict pain on me and give me a tattoo. would have too be pissed even to let them then who knows what i would end up with.

Hmmmm quick flashbacks here to last few days and i can't remember everything i did while away. Maybe better check everywhere :eek: :laugh:

As for tattoo's on woman the odd nice one here and there i like. A woman totally covered with them is a total pass me a bucket turn off.

No way i would ever pay someone to inflict pain on me and give me a tattoo. would have too be pissed even to let them then who knows what i would end up with.

Hmmmm quick flashbacks here to last few days and i can't remember everything i did while away. Maybe better check everywhere :eek: :laugh:

As for tattoo's on woman the odd nice one here and there i like. A woman totally covered with them is a total pass me a bucket turn off.

Presumably that means you woke up with a a tattoo of a long haired guy on a horse, against an orange background?:eek2:

I have a trap stamp! But I had it designed and created way before the girls in the fast car mags.
It is also very significant and personal to me in meaning.

As for men..... if you have strong, muscled arms then a basic bicep tat....yes please x phwarrgggghhh
A trap stamp? The mind boggles! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back