RIP Chester Bennington

dave1888

10 years here meister!
PABnononaccred2
mm1
This post will cause mixed opinion Chester Bennington commited suicide yesterday he was the lead singer of linkin park one of the first nu metal bands I got into.

I'm gutted that he's gone and that I never got round to seeing linkin park live :( So please if you ever feel as low as he was talk to someone we didn't have to lose him. It could have been avoided if people had seen he needed help.

Please don't hurl abuse as unless you have experienced depression anxiety or mental illness you'll never know what he was feeling inside.

I remember the advent of Nu-Metal with the likes of Korn, Slipknot, Machine Head et al, and how this new band came onto the scene called Linkin Park.

There was a lot of furore about how they were almost manufactured but as it turns out they enjoyed a great career and had a few memorable songs.

Didn't know much about the lead singer's troubles but he could definitely sing and it's always sad to hear things like this. He was also close friends with Chris Cornell who also passed not that long ago.

Very sad :(

This post will cause mixed opinion Chester Bennington commited suicide yesterday he was the lead singer of linkin park one of the first nu metal bands I got into.

I'm gutted that he's gone and that I never got round to seeing linkin park live :( So please if you ever feel as low as he was talk to someone we didn't have to lose him. It could have been avoided if people had seen he needed help.

Please don't hurl abuse as unless you have experienced depression anxiety or mental illness you'll never know what he was feeling inside.

:(:(:(:(:( I was going to post about this and thought I wouldn't. I am glad you did! I LOVED Linkin Park, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam etc, back in the 90's and when they first came out. I was devastated when Chris Cornell killed himself, and I am still trying to wrap my head around it, and then hearing about Chester yesterday..WOW! He adored Cornell, and I can't help but think his death help break Chester. I came across one of my favorite videos of Cornell and will post it. RIP to you both!

They are both brilliant! I'd imagine Cornell inspired singers in bands such as disturbed, staind,creed and so on and the list is endless of who Chester inspired too.

This is so sad. I love Linkin Park and thought the lead singer had a unique voice. Goes to show you that no matter how much you have or little depression is a killer. My only wish is that there is more mental health awareness. In my country mental health care consists of a few yearly visits where they ask you are you hearing voices and when the answer is no they stamp you as okay even though you tell them you are not. I have suffered from depression for years so I understand the toll it takes. Rip Chester.

This is so sad indeed...
Was shocked when I heard about his suicide...

Love Linkin Park and fits right in other bands I like such as Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam and Nirvana.

RIP Chester.

There was a thread earlier about donating to charity, and we get to pick one. I know where I live Mental Health is severely under founded. Wait times can take many, many months. When you have mental health issues you don't have many, many months. What about finding a charity that focuses on this? Do some research on the net and see what place/population needs it the most? Just an idea :)

Never heard of the guy - though if course I had heard of Linkin Park.
Rock star, famous celebrity, film star, ordinary joe... always a very sad and terrible tragedy to hear of someone taking their own life :(
I just can't imagine how low you must get to feel this is the only option... such a shame.

KK

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back