President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry, what should America's immigration policy be?

Don't you think that is a very broad and complex issue which can't be put in just a few words in an online post? And are you referring to legal immigration or on how to handle so-called illegals in the country?

Anyone in the US except the natives are immigrants, so in essence you too and you ask me about how the immigration policy should look like. A bit strange, isn't it?

What about the dems response to the president's sotu?

What were they thinking...a car....with it's hood open to signify...and

They trotted out a Kennedy.. this is how they're gonna change the way this party is viewed.. bring out a man child from a political dynasty to appeal to... White men? White women? White privileged old people? Nothing against this Kennedy cuz he seems to be hard working...but come on dems....what is your message?
this party is out of touch...and will end up losing the next election cycle cuz yes they are out of touch but they don't have a unified message, they are scattered..

...and they can't fight the Russian bots flooding social media that retweet, repeat, and fbook the GOP/trump agenda.

He did a good job.....but I was too distracted by all the Chapstick he decided to wear....

More made up stuff.

Even the liberal media disagrees with you but ok. Here let me help

Home depot is awarding its hourly employees with up to $1000 bonus because of the trump tax plan. The bonus will depend on the length of time they have worked there. This is the same for every single company. And its seems like you dont know much about business and how that works because when people get raises and bonuses, the largest is not meant for people who have worked there for 3 weeks.

This has been confirmed by employees of the companies and published by left wing media outlets like CNBC.

Somehow though giving employees a cash boost directly because of Trump is a bad thing to some.

Oh and by the way I have so far found 4 CEO's confirming this is to do with Trump and not previous president or markets. But carry on with your fake facts as usual

Mr. T praising up to $1,000 in bonuses for millions of US workers because of his tax bill.....all fine and dandy. (the full amount mostly goes only to a smallish part of the workers in a company)

However, let's compare that to another country. Daimler announced today that all 130,000 permanent employees in Germany are receiving this year a EUR5,700 / $7,000 bonus, and that without a tax cut. BTW, that in a country with higher taxes than the USA!!!

Now that kind of money really makes a difference unless you believe the Mr. T administration (was it Cohn or Mnuchin, can't remember) that $1,000 can pay for a kitchen makeover or a car. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Found it, it was Cohn: "If we allow a family to keep another $1,000 of their income, what does that mean? They can renovate their kitchen, they can buy a new car, they can take a family vacation, they can increase their lifestyle,"

Don't you think that is a very broad and complex issue which can't be put in just a few words in an online post? And are you referring to legal immigration or on how to handle so-called illegals in the country?

Anyone in the US except the natives are immigrants, so in essence you too and you ask me about how the immigration policy should look like. A bit strange, isn't it?

That's the issue, you see them as "so-called illegals." That says it all.

What about the dems response to the president's sotu?

What were they thinking...a car....with it's hood open to signify...and

They trotted out a Kennedy.. this is how they're gonna change the way this party is viewed.. bring out a man child from a political dynasty to appeal to... White men? White women? White privileged old people? Nothing against this Kennedy cuz he seems to be hard working...but come on dems....what is your message?
this party is out of touch...and will end up losing the next election cycle cuz yes they are out of touch but they don't have a unified message, they are scattered..

...and they can't fight the Russian bots flooding social media that retweet, repeat, and fbook the GOP/trump agenda.

He did a good job.....but I was too distracted by all the Chapstick he decided to wear....

The party has been hyjacked by the progressives.

That's the issue, you jump to a conclusion about me based on 3 words. That says it all!

1. adjective [ADJ n]
You use so-called to indicate that you think a word or expression used to describe someone or something is in fact wrong.

Pick your online dictionary.

1. adjective [ADJ n]
You use so-called to indicate that you think a word or expression used to describe someone or something is in fact wrong.

Pick your online dictionary.

Well, your governments, be it led by democrats or conservatives, let the "so-called illegals" stay in the US for 10 - 20 years or even longer, a period where the vast majority has found roots in the communities, contributed actively to your country, had children born in the US, opened businesses, paid taxes and most of all --> does the back-breaking low-paid jobs no American ever wants to do, like cleaning your houses, cultivating your yards, picking vegetables and fruits, washing the dishes from which you ate your last burger, etc etc.

And this amid the largest police force, the most advanced surveillance programs, the largest investigative bodies etc etc. that an efficient detection and subsequent deportation shouldn't be an issue.

Fact is that you don't want and can't afford to deport them. And calling them after such a long period "illegals" is pure hypocrisy. By that definition, you could be an illegal as well, if your ancestors immigrated into the US illegally at that time, which was the norm in those days. :rolleyes:

Hence, yes, the term "so-called illegals" is correctly used in this case.

Last edited:
Well, your governments, be it led by democrats or conservatives, let the "so-called illegals" stay in the US for 10 - 20 years or even longer, a period where the vast majority has found roots in the communities, contributed actively to your country, had children born in the US, opened businesses, paid taxes and most of all --> does the back-breaking low-paid jobs no American ever wants to do, like cleaning your houses, cultivating your yards, picking vegetables and fruits, washing the dishes from which you ate your last burger, etc etc.

And this amid the largest police force, the most advanced surveillance programs, the largest investigative bodies etc etc. that an efficient detection and subsequent deportation shouldn't be an issue.

Fact is that you don't want and can't afford to deport them. And calling them after such a long period "illegals" is pure hypocrisy. By that definition, you could be an illegal as well, if your ancestors immigrated into the US illegally at that time, which was the norm in those days. :rolleyes:

That is the social justice argument I've heard 1000 times.

Illegals take those jobs because they have no choice. They either don't have any education, marketable skills or they overstayed their visa or arrived via the porous border. This is not a new issue, it goes back 25 years and one of the main reasons Trump was elected.

Who do you think did those jobs before the liberals changed the immigration policy to a family reunification policy that caused mass chain migration?

When push comes to shove, I find it hard to believe American's won't do those jobs. Who do you think did those jobs when I was a kid? Do you think the country will starve, houses will be unkempt, yards will be overgrown? If anything it will cause wages to rise and restore the middle class.

As far as deportations go, Google sanctuary cities and look at the images and see for yourself. You now have more rights being illegal in America than legal residents.

Those who come to America "legally" can prevail, those who don't get stuck in crappy jobs for years with little or no chance for advancement.

Mr. T praising up to $1,000 in bonuses for millions of US workers because of his tax bill.....all fine and dandy. (the full amount mostly goes only to a smallish part of the workers in a company)

However, let's compare that to another country. Daimler announced today that all 130,000 permanent employees in Germany are receiving this year a EUR5,700 / $7,000 bonus, and that without a tax cut. BTW, that in a country with higher taxes than the USA!!!

Now that kind of money really makes a difference unless you believe the Mr. T administration (was it Cohn or Mnuchin, can't remember) that $1,000 can pay for a kitchen makeover or a car. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Found it, it was Cohn: "If we allow a family to keep another $1,000 of their income, what does that mean? They can renovate their kitchen, they can buy a new car, they can take a family vacation, they can increase their lifestyle,"

You said you are all for employees making extra money, why has your stance suddenly changed and has now almost become a tool for you to use as a negative?

And you cannot just start using other countries with different economies as an example. Thats some serious reaching.

Tell that to the parents of Tessa tranchant, Sarah Root, Shayly Estes, Drew Rosenburg, Grant Ronneback, Danny Oliver and Micheal Davis and when they went to trial the murderer looked at the families and said "fuck you all". And many more.

I mean, you can try and paint it as these poor little helpless souls but fact is countries need borders for the above reasons whether 7000 of them are law abiding citizens and only 1 is bad. Allowing an illegal to take one innocent life is enough. This is why there needs to be a process.

Your example is like saying someone murdered another person but because they decided to behave for 20 years, contributed to society and pay taxes, it should be forgotten. You know, since they contribute and all. And yes this is the case for some of the illegals who lives in America for years and the suddenly decided one day to commit a crime.

Laws are there for a reason. Be honest and follow them and do it the proper way like others who earned their right.

I mean, you can try and paint it as these poor little helpless souls but fact is countries need borders for the above reasons whether 7000 of them are law abiding citizens and only 1 is bad. Allowing an illegal to take one innocent life is enough. This is why there needs to be a process.
Just out of curiosity, and from a totally statistical stand point with the greatest respect of the victims of crime you mention: You say that that 1 murderer out of 7000 is not ok. What number is ok for you? 1 out of 20000? 1 out of 100000?

Just out of curiosity, and from a totally statistical stand point with the greatest respect of the victims of crime you mention: You say that that 1 murderer out of 7000 is not ok. What number is ok for you? 1 out of 20000? 1 out of 100000?

I dont understand what you mean? My point was no number is okay

And maybe the bigger question would be....how many Americans have been killed not by illegal immigrants but by Americans with guns....no one trying to regulate gun control....wonder why that is....

Last edited:
Right or wrong, the right to own a gun is incorporated in the founding documents, illegal entry in to the country is not. Nor is legal entry, its a privilege granted by the US Government.

In a country that was founded on multiculturalism the founding documents are what defines being American. Its what binds all Americans.

Right or wrong, the right to own a gun is incorporated in the founding documents, illegal entry in to the country is not. Nor is legal entry, its a privilege granted by the US Government.

In a country that was founded on multiculturalism the founding documents are what defines being American. Its what binds all Americans.

Hey I agree with you on all counts....I really do.

But can I ask a question
How do we stop all the shootings?
Cuz so far whatever we are doing is not working. And it seems that nothing is being done actually other than saying prayers and becoming immune to shootings.

Hey I agree with you on all counts....I really do.

But can I ask a question
How do we stop all the shootings?
Cuz so far whatever we are doing is not working. And it seems that nothing is being done actually other than saying prayers and becoming immune to shootings.

Two thirds of gun deaths are suicides and a percent more (I'm not sure of the number) are accidental. Actually more innocents deaths are by drunk drivers.

I saw on a tv show that background checks need to be completed within 72 hours and if not the sale goes through.
The show said that background processing center is not allowed to keep records on computer and does it manually.
If that is true, that is pretty sad.

I found out over the holidays my sister and her friend were in Vegas during the shooting. Just down the street.
My sister is not even a gambler.

Two thirds of gun deaths are suicides and a percent more (I'm not sure of the number) are accidental. Actually more innocents deaths are by drunk drivers.

I saw on a tv show that background checks need to be completed within 72 hours and if not the sale goes through.
The show said that background processing center is not allowed to keep records on computer and does it manually.
If that is true, that is pretty sad.

I found out over the holidays my sister and her friend were in Vegas during the shooting. Just down the street.
My sister is not even a gambler.

Oh my.....makes you afraid to go anywhere.
But can't live our lives like that.

Gun ownership has always been a contentious issue, but no one can anticipate the actions of nutjobs using them on an unsuspecting public. I suspect owning a gun does wonders for most individuals' sense of security, that they may not normally have.

Contrast that with London, where acid attacks are becoming commonplace. How does an individual defend themselves against that? That's the 3rd world mentality London is so desperate in embracing that it's not even shocking anymore. Not something you're likely to see on postcards or covered much by any foreign media.

Gun ownership has always been a contentious issue, but no one can anticipate the actions of nutjobs using them on an unsuspecting public. I suspect owning a gun does wonders for most individuals' sense of security, that they may not normally have.

Contrast that with London, where acid attacks are becoming commonplace. How does an individual defend themselves against that? That's the 3rd world mentality London is so desperate in embracing that it's not even shocking anymore. Not something you're likely to see on postcards or covered much by any foreign media.

That is scary

You still get the same answer. Those lives would not have been lost if laws werent broken to allow them in.

Yeah and you always see one side or a group saying get rid of guns so schools dont get shot up. I assure you, if you are sick enough to go and shoot innocent little kids, you will figure out a way to harm people without a gun. Bombing school, driving buses off the road...everything else.

There has to be better backround checks. There has to be better screening and I think that psychiatrists should be able to flag patients they find unstable in that sense.

Look at what Canada did not long ago. There was a guy here that went on a grey hound bus, took out a knife cut some 22 year olds head off. Held it up in the air and cut other body parts and began eating him. They released him back into the public and said he is at low risk to offend. Im sorry but you dont just suddenly change. This person needs to be locked in a mental institution for life. I personally thought thats why they had these facilities but ok. Until the government and review boards start doing their jobs, there will never be significant progress

Last edited:

Do you not think that this founding legislation document that was ignored and used at will as bounding should be revisited and changed instead of it being sited as all things right about the basic principal and moral of America? Are you not a Country of inward thinking people using it only when it suits you?

Oh my.....makes you afraid to go anywhere.
But can't live our lives like that.

Even though here in Canada these things are fairly uncommon, it does make you think. I went to the movie theater last week and for a brief second I thought what if. Its like the human body is becoming accustomed to always being fightt or flight mode. And being in a movie theater your brain can instantly realize there is simply no escape if a shooter decided to target you and your body can start to panic. Of course the thought last a minute or so and then reality clicked and said its very unlikely to happen here.

Have you ever been somewhere high, whether its overlooking niagara falls or somewhere else. You get this sudden notion to jump or a sense of panic to back away. Its because of cognitive dissonance which means your brain is getting conflicting signals and it tries to come up with a solution that results in some weird thoughts. Thoughts that you wont actually follow through with but it is the human brain trying to figure out what to do to get away from danger. Its the same thing when a person reads how shooters are targeting schools, movie theaters, shopping malls etc. It automatically takes a defensive posture and tells you hey be careful this can be a dangerous place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back