President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont usually let peoples opinion sway me, I like to figure it out myself but I have had friends go to China and come back and tell me some stories that completely turns me off. The pollution, the dirtyiess and the smell. Same with India. I think going to see a country so different than mine would be incredible and maybe I will but for now its way down on my list for those reasons alone.

Its not like im an unreasonable person. I get that the USA has 130 million people and china has 10x that amount. Well over a billion so pollution is going to be a severe problem and take time and be well above others. But with the amount of pollution being pumped throughout their country and are guilty of 29%? of the worlds pollution, they should be doing alot more. Yeah its good they are doing something and have plans but could they not foresee this with a vastly growing population? I feel they are pretty irresponsible overall. I would imagine alot of the asians are suffering because of this. If there is any country on this planet that needs a leader to be responsible in regards to their environment and pollution in regards to water and land, its China. So far it seems like the president they have is one of the better ones but still needs alot more commitment and action.

Can only agree with your friends although there are still lots of places where pollution seems such a distant threat, purely because of the size of the country. If you ever go, I can only recommend to visit Nanjing and the surrounding area, the best place I was able to see in China (that is only my personal experience and I didn't go to that many places since my customers from the industry were concentrated around a few cities). As for India, after a few trips I promised myself that I would never enter the country again in my life time.

And I also agree, that China could have done a lot more earlier. I was selling coating lines for tinplate and steel at some point in my life and any normal country would have an after-burner installed to incinerate solvents. The Chinese never thought of spending that extra money and only started in 2007/2008, a time where it was already mandatory for a decade and more in Europe, most of the US, Australia, Thailand and other countries, even Russia.

The mantra for Chinese companies was for far too long to produce at the cheapest price, environment and worker protection was not on their agenda. I was flabbergasted countless times when I saw the working conditions in some places. To be cheap you need cheap energy and coal was long seen as fitting that description. In my view, it will take China far beyond 2030 before they will see a larger reduction, slowing down until then, then gradually reducing and maybe in 20 - 25 years time there is a real difference.

Last edited:
Is this the interview you are talking about:
The President of the United States @realDonaldTrump is asked if he believes in climate change. This is his answer:

Is this fake news? Is it made up? Didn't watch the interview. If it's real, it sounds like he knows nothing about climate change.

View attachment 87291

I could not tell you. What you quoted could easily have been discussed during the interview with morgan.
It was an hour long (maybe just over half if you include all the adverts lol) interview with piers morgan, i only caught the last 20 minutes. I dont recall him answering to that question, but he could have easily done so within the first 40 minutes or at a point when i wasnt paying attention during the final 20 minutes i tuned in.

It wasnt so much that i agreed with everything he said, if anything, but more of the way he (at least, in those final 20 minutes when i tuned in) came across as someone i was at least able to listen to seriously, rather than finding myself laughing at during a fair few of his conversations ive happened to stumble across in the past. It wasnt his views exactly but, errr.. more so for how he didn't act childish or get up and rip morgans head in 2 while being there because that bloke can be infuriating and trigger anyone imo lol.

I know he was asked a lot of questions regarding gun crime stats and stuff, but again it was just more to how he communicated respectfully when sharing his opinions - regardless of the actual beliefs he held, which is why i thought id say "to be fair" (where previously, IF i speak of him - and i don't mean just here on cm, I'm not so kind.. but its probably the first time i thought he deserved a bit of credit for once, but as u said... the bar was/is pretty low lol)

I should add that im not pro trump either. Just incase you thought that.

I could not tell you. What you quoted could easily have been discussed during the interview with morgan.
It was an hour long (maybe just over half if you include all the adverts lol) interview with piers morgan, i only caught the last 20 minutes. I dont recall him answering to that question, but he could have easily done so within the first 40 minutes or at a point when i wasnt paying attention during the final 20 minutes i tuned in.

It wasnt so much that i agreed with everything he said, if anything, but more of the way he (at least, in those final 20 minutes when i tuned in) came across as someone i was at least able to listen to seriously, rather than finding myself laughing at during a fair few of his conversations ive happened to stumble across in the past. It wasnt his views exactly but, errr.. more so for how he didn't act childish or get up and rip morgans head in 2 while being there because that bloke can be infuriating and trigger anyone imo lol.

I know he was asked a lot of questions regarding gun crime stats and stuff, but again it was just more to how he communicated respectfully when sharing his opinions - regardless of the actual beliefs he held, which is why i thought id say "to be fair" (where previously, IF i speak of him - and i don't mean just here on cm, I'm not so kind.. but its probably the first time i thought he deserved a bit of credit for once, but as u said... the bar was/is pretty low lol)

I should add that im not pro trump either. Just incase you thought that.

I believe Piers and Donald go back quite a way and are very good friends so maybe they had agreed what should be covered in the interview and each was happy with each others company so were able to be calm and rational knowing they wouldn't get attacked or tripped up . Piers shared his delight at being able to interview his "great mate the president " on his instagram plus various piccies of himself with Trumps son.

As for this thread , reminds me why I wont join in political debates !

Back to Bonanza :)

Promoting Donald Trump publicly is not promoting their company in a positive light with so many people being anti Trump. If anything, it would hurt their image. CEO's can easily say we are doing well, we are giving stuff to our employees, we are amazing. They dont need to use Trump for that. I assure you over here it is not hip to reference Trump.

As for walmart, I am aware of the Canadian walmarts. My sister and aunt worked there and enjoyed it. Their pay was normal and they got stock options They also got an employee 10-20% discount on anything in their store including groceries.

I looked it up on wage comparison and walmart USA pays 9.10 usd an hour vs home depot who pays $9.6. Out of 39,000 voters 62% believe they are paid fairly because of the employee discount that has more value to people who work at walmart vs home depot.

Walmart vs target. $9.10 per hour vs $9.33 per hour.

Now if these companies did increase their pay and then walmart followed that either has to do with trump and the market or its just companies raising their pay and no credit to Trump.

I dont know what target has said but i do know companies like wells fargo and fifth third said they are raising their minimum wage because of Trump. And companies like walmart, at&t and comcast claim that they are giving out bonuses, extra leave time etc because of Trump. So I am going to take their word for it.

Partially right I think, as Mr. T has a rather large amount of supporters, not everyone is anti-Trump. I see the announcements more like advancing the conservative agenda since most CEO's or big company owners are conservative, hence they will come out and support Mr. T's and the GOP's actions whenever they can.

IMHO, companies in the US are "forced" to increase wages because of the low unemployment rate, after all demand controls the price and good workers are in demand right now with 4.1% unemployment. The tax cut was a welcome gift from Mr. T/GOP as it has provided them with the extra profit, ensuring that it all goes by without decreasing shareholder value. Not that most needed it since US corporations are sitting currently on the largest cash reserves ever, IIRC.

Last edited:
I believe Piers and Donald go back quite a way and are very good friends so maybe they had agreed what should be covered in the interview and each was happy with each others company so were able to be calm and rational knowing they wouldn't get attacked or tripped up . Piers shared his delight at being able to interview his "great mate the president " on his instagram plus various piccies of himself with Trumps son.

As for this thread , reminds me why I wont join in political debates !

Back to Bonanza :)

Makes sense, thanks. They did seem to get on very comfortably and bit to 'pal' like. Didn't know they go back a bit.
Unfortunately, your last 3 words make absolutely 0 sense. Gl though!! ;)

This may be one of the articles to which Kelly Jo was referring.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Quote from that article...

But here’s another, unprovable theory that I nonetheless believe is true: The warnings were a false flag. The “accident” was faked. The powers that be — call them the Illuminati, the Bilderberg Group, the American Airlines Ten Million Miles Club — have long considered the possibility that the planet is on the way down, and decided to see ahead of time what it would look like. How would the citizens of the world respond if they believed the end was nigh? Would they take to the streets? Would they commit whatever crimes they could? Would they call their senators, their news anchors, their mail man? Think of nuclear panic as a social experiment meant to crack our souls open and reveal the deepest, instinctive fears possible. I mean, really: How weird is it that this happened twice within two days? Very. You think this was an accident? You think a fuck-up this epic wasn’t focus tested ahead of time by the lizard cabal that lives at the center of the Earth? Get fucking real

I think the section in bold tells you everything you need to know... i guess dealing in facts is out of the question...

Can only agree with your friends although there are still lots of places where pollution seems such a distant threat, purely because of the size of the country. If you ever go, I can only recommend to visit Nanjing and the surrounding area, the best place I was able to see in China (that is only my personal experience and I didn't go to that many places since my customers from the industry were concentrated around a few cities). As for India, after a few trips I promised myself that I would never enter the country again in my life time.

And I also agree, that China could have done a lot more earlier. I was selling coating lines for tinplate and steel at some point in my life and any normal country would have an after-burner installed to incinerate solvents. The Chinese never thought of spending that extra money and only started in 2007/2008, a time where it was already mandatory for a decade and more in Europe, most of the US, Australia, Thailand and other countries, even Russia.

The mantra for Chinese companies was for far too long to produce at the cheapest price, environment and worker protection was not on their agenda. I was flabbergasted countless times when I saw the working conditions in some places. To be cheap you need cheap energy and coal was long seen as fitting that description. In my view, it will take China far beyond 2030 before they will see a larger reduction, slowing down until then, then gradually reducing and maybe in 20 - 25 years time there is a real difference.

Yeah I kind of thought that. Here in Toronto or Hamilton you will get smog advisories the odd time but if you head north, its completely fine. I feel like that may be like China, if you stick far away from the main cities and heavily populated areas and stay rural it probably isnt nearly as bad. But then are you getting the full effect of witnessing their culture etc? Im not sure.

I live about 1 hour north of Toronto and on a summer day its beautiful clean crisp air but then if you drive into Toronto as you get about 20 mins from it you can start seeing the smog (not always just on bad days)

My mother actually has been to India. She was a missionary for alot of years, although I cant remember the exact reason why she went there but she did. And she told me it was awful especially the smell and filth. But seriously there are so many other countries out there to see where India is probably number 100 to bother with. You have places like Italy, France, Cuba, Mexico, New Zealand, Germany, Russia, Egypt, Jerusalem and 50 other places that should be seen first if possible over India. I truly have zero interest in India but I do have at least interest in China for various reasons.

LOL...the furthest north of Toronto and actually all of Canada I have been is Kitchener, once in summer, once in winter. Liked it a lot! :)

You are absolutely right about the main cities in China, issue is only that today they have hundreds of big cities exceeding 1Mio citizens, simply because all the rural folk are heading to the cities to find better jobs. On a farm they consider themselves very lucky to make 500 RMB per month, and that for mostly hard labor 7 days a week. And then they see the migrant workers coming home for CNY with designer shoes and clothes (mostly fake but still look great for them), smartphones and all other things, leading to even more people flocking to the big cities. Not that they find perfect happiness there, I heard many complaining about their life in the city they thought would be so perfect but turned out to be mainly the same just with a better pay.

Funnily enough, some 40 visits to China proved to be insufficient to actually make it once to the Great Wall, which most tourists have as their main destination. The reason I mentioned Nanjing is (although it is a very large city too) the fact that it was once the capital and thus has a rich cultural heritage. It was for me a welcome change for a weekend when I spent 6 weeks in Suzhou on a project.

Yeah, put India to the bottom of your list. They will need to abolish their caste system to really improve living conditions for all, but that won't happen anytime soon. And respect to your mother, very courageous of her.

LOL...the furthest north of Toronto and actually all of Canada I have been is Kitchener, once in summer, once in winter. Liked it a lot! :)

You are absolutely right about the main cities in China, issue is only that today they have hundreds of big cities exceeding 1Mio citizens, simply because all the rural folk are heading to the cities to find better jobs. On a farm they consider themselves very lucky to make 500 RMB per month, and that for mostly hard labor 7 days a week. And then they see the migrant workers coming home for CNY with designer shoes and clothes (mostly fake but still look great for them), smartphones and all other things, leading to even more people flocking to the big cities. Not that they find perfect happiness there, I heard many complaining about their life in the city they thought would be so perfect but turned out to be mainly the same just with a better pay.

Funnily enough, some 40 visits to China proved to be insufficient to actually make it once to the Great Wall, which most tourists have as their main destination. The reason I mentioned Nanjing is (although it is a very large city too) the fact that it was once the capital and thus has a rich cultural heritage. It was for me a welcome change for a weekend when I spent 6 weeks in Suzhou on a project.

Yeah, put India to the bottom of your list. They will need to abolish their caste system to really improve living conditions for all, but that won't happen anytime soon. And respect to your mother, very courageous of her.

Hey I have alot of family in Kitchener. I was just there a few weeks ago. My aunt and uncles grandparents and cousins all live there. So I go there a few times a year, seems like a nice enough city.

Yeah I would think the great wall is a must, especially for someone like me. Going from Canada to China would most likely be only once in my life time unless for some reason I found it to be a special place more so than others which I dont find likely but who knows.

Yup my mother is a minister of the united church and she did about 10-15 years of missionary work. I go to church 2-3 times a year but its more for my mom as its not really my kind of thing and she never pushes it on me ever.

She went to parts of africa too and one of her friends from her church went with her and made the mistake of drinking milk from a restaurant when it CLEARLY says dont. And this lady was sick for about a year and for about 2 months of that year she was very ill. Had some sort of parasite that she thought was the flu or maybe the doctors didnt test properly but was she sick from whatever parasites got into her. And the crazy thing is, my mother told her not to drink it and even when she ordered it told her she was nuts. And low and behold she got deathly ill.

The good thing about the united church is they are pretty accepting of things. I dont need to be a christian or religious to be accepted and missionary work is something I want to do when I get a bit older and have more time. And by missionary work, i dont mean preach about god, I mean help build schools and wells like my mother did. That would be pretty fun to actually make a difference somewhere. I work in a hospital here and the department I am in, I am relied upon so its very hard for me to get away. But one day I will. You only live once right!?

One of my first destinations will be New Zealand because of the amazing scenery. Lord of the Rings was filmed there too and some of those mountains looks pretty mind blowing. Then probably Egypt would be my next stop. My friend went there even though there were travel advisories. She actually had an armed guard with her but she said there was never an issue lol

Maybe on another thread....on this thread...people think it's ok to make fun of others because they don't have the same views....

Amd in the entire thread I stated I respect others views, does not mean we all have to agree.. So please don't just pick out parts of my post and nit pick at it.. Respect goes both ways.

Do my eyes deceive me or is Harry and Lockinlove actually having a nice discussion in the trump thread lol.:thumbsup:

Harry reminds me of a family member I have. We both have very different viewpoints and we talked about it once and only got 10 minutes in and decided not to talk about it because it might harm a real life relationship. If I knew Harry in real life, we could never discuss it if we wanted to be friends. Not because I cant be friends or whatever with opposite viewpoints but when two people go at it like this well you have two stubborn people I guess. But this is a message board and we dont know each other in real life so its easier. And all the reading and research people do, this place gives them a platform to use what they have learned and discuss it. But there have been points where it hasnt been pleasant discussing it and when I see Harry has quoted me in here or termur or whoever it is I usually disagree with, Im like k well im not going to read his comment yet or for awhile because I dont want to argue but then when I feel fiery or fierce, I make it a point to come and read whats going on lol :D

You need to get your ass on that wall of china for the sake of us all Harry.

Legend has it, the chosen one must go to the forbidden city and ask for a mr. Bigatimi Gamini. This may take a while as he is known to avoid contact with mortals, seen so scarcely considered a myth amongst some of the local tribes. only those who show the most commited persistence will be rewarded.
Should you be deemed worthy - you cannot be sure, but you will be provided with a map. Be careful to have only the clearest of minds and the most open of hearts before you consider this. For If doubt is present, it will be sensed, and the fool may be fooled with a different map wondering for eternity, never to be seen again.

You must take the map in blind faith & trust, journeying from here to Dunhaung, facing many perilous obsticals that will drain the strength from even the strongest of folks. Thus far, should fate be kind, you must despite all anguish continue onwards.. onwards West, into the Gobi Desert. Wherein, it is here, and only here that can the D now be found.

It would also probably be wise to take dunovers metal detector.

Legend has it, the chosen one must go to the forbidden city and ask for a mr. Bigatimi Gamini. This may take a while as he is known to avoid contact with mortals, seen so scarcely considered a myth amongst some of the local tribes. only those who show the most commited persistence will be rewarded.
Should you be deemed worthy - you cannot be sure, but you will be provided with a map. Be careful to have only the clearest of minds and the most open of hearts before you consider this. For If doubt is present, it will be sensed, and the fool may be fooled with a different map wondering for eternity, never to be seen again.

You must take the map in blind faith & trust, journeying from here to Dunhaung, facing many perilous obsticals that will drain the strength from even the strongest of folks. Thus far, should fate be kind, you must despite all anguish continue onwards.. onwards West, into the Gobi Desert. Wherein, it is here, and only here that can the D now be found.

LMAO ...Absolutely hilarious! :D :D

Im reading thinking well this guy is obviously smoking some great weed, the I got to the end and it all made sense

Harry reminds me of a family member I have. We both have very different viewpoints and we talked about it once and only got 10 minutes in and decided not to talk about it because it might harm a real life relationship. If I knew Harry in real life, we could never discuss it if we wanted to be friends. Not because I cant be friends or whatever with opposite viewpoints but when two people go at it like this well you have two stubborn people I guess. But this is a message board and we dont know each other in real life so its easier. And all the reading and research people do, this place gives them a platform to use what they have learned and discuss it. But there have been points where it hasnt been pleasant discussing it and when I see Harry has quoted me in here or termur or whoever it is I usually disagree with, Im like k well im not going to read his comment yet or for awhile because I dont want to argue but then when I feel fiery or fierce, I make it a point to come and read whats going on lol :D
You're the forum firecracker but that's ok, it's why we like you :p

Now please chill once in a while. Happy Lock, Happy Life as they say :cool:

You're the forum firecracker but that's ok, it's why we like you :p

Now please chill once in a while. Happy Lock, Happy Life as they say :cool:

lol oh you :)

Surprised there hasnt been any comments after the SOTU. I thought it was great. Ive watched a few of them before and I dont feel like ive seen the other side grumbling or mocking before so I thought the dems doing that was a bit much. Also the one democrat that got up and stormed out as they were chanting USA USA wasnt very cool. I thought they acted pretty childish at some points but they they also gave him some love when he announced some things the dems really want done. Hopefully some of things get done quickly because if both sides are all for it there should be no reason not to. Lowering prices for pharmaceuticals would be huge and wanting to be able to allowing terminally ill people to test trial drugs that havent been approved by the fda is something that would be very cool to see done. I think it would save some lives but also a trial and error...they could learn so much from their drugs and how it actually effects people. Some wait times on new drugs take 5-10 years.

Surprised there hasnt been any comments after the SOTU. I thought it was great. Ive watched a few of them before and I dont feel like ive seen the other side grumbling or mocking before so I thought the dems doing that was a bit much. Also the one democrat that got up and stormed out as they were chanting USA USA wasnt very cool. I thought they acted pretty childish at some points but they they also gave him some love when he announced some things the dems really want done. Hopefully some of things get done quickly because if both sides are all for it there should be no reason not to. Lowering prices for pharmaceuticals would be huge and wanting to be able to allowing terminally ill people to test trial drugs that havent been approved by the fda is something that would be very cool to see done. I think it would save some lives but also a trial and error...they could learn so much from their drugs and how it actually effects people. Some wait times on new drugs take 5-10 years.

Watched it and would have found it a good speech, except that Mr. T chose to lie and exaggerate repeatedly as always hence nothing new, the same Mr. T who invented a persona to promote himself with lies and print a fake Times cover to lie about his cover page appearance. Same, same...they say in Thailand. :D

Plus, he sounded totally boring with very low articulation, except when he instigated fears, e.g. MS13 gang, immigration etc. Then suddenly he could speak with some enthusiasm.

I have held 100's speeches in my life and would have given me for this kind of performance a C-, rather lower actually.

And I never applauded myself for my speech! That is one of the worst things a speaker can do. Mr. T got it right a couple of times when the applause was about the heroes and victims in the audience but not all the other times when he joined in with the crowd. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Harry, what should America's immigration policy be?

Could be wrong, but I don't recall the chamber ever chanting USA before. Thought it was great, had me chanting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back