POSSIBLE ZEPPELIN WORLD TOUR-YES

NASHVEGAS

Banned User - flamming, disrespecting admin,
Led Zeppelin's Page Wants a World Tour
By ERIC TALMADGE, AP

TOKYO (Jan. 28) - Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page said Monday he was ready to take the iconic band on a world tour after burning up the stage at last month's reunion concert in London. But it probably won't be before September.

"The amount of work we put into O2 was what you would normally put into a world tour anyway," Page, 64, said of the intense rehearsing the band did for the Dec. 10 concert at London's O2 Arena.

The band's three surviving members - Page, singer Robert Plant and bassist-keyboardist John Paul Jones - were joined at the sold-out benefit show by the late John Bonham's son Jason on drums.

Page, who was in Japan to promote the new Zeppelin release, "Mothership," said the two-hour-plus concert was proof that Led Zeppelin can still perform at its best.

He said the band, which formed in 1968, was ready musically to get back together and take it out on a wider run, but it was not clear when it would go on tour as the singer had other plans.

"Robert Plant has a parallel project and he is busy with that until September," Page said.

Plant and bluegrass star Alison Krauss will begin their world tour with a run of shows in the southern U.S. this spring. The two released an album in October called "Raising Sand" that debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard chart in the U.S. The duo will tour Europe in May before returning for North American shows still to be announced for June and July.

Page said the band set their standards very high before agreeing to do the reunion, their first in 20 years. Led Zeppelin broke up in 1980 after the elder Bonham's death.

Page said they rehearsed for weeks, apprehensive that the cohesion they had in the 1970s when they were at their peak might be hard to rediscover.

"We wanted people who might not have even been alive in 1980 when we finished to understand what we were," he said.

Page said all went well until he broke a finger in three places, forcing the band to postpone the show for several weeks.

"But we did the show, and it was great," he said. "It was instant in terms of chemistry."

Jimmy Page and Robert Plant on the same stage :thumbsup: I would give up gambling for 6 months to go to a concert!!!!:yahoo: (You can tell how old I am):D

Jimmy Page and Robert Plant on the same stage :thumbsup: I would give up gambling for 6 months to go to a concert!!!!:yahoo: (You can tell how old I am):D
I saw Plant and Page in Nashvegas approx. 7 to 10 years ago. Words would do no justice in describing the performance:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Its such a pity when bands like this do this sort of thing. Have you seen plant lately? Zepplin was my very first album purchase when I was 13 lol. Stairway was the first song i learned to sing. I loved them back then and my friend partied with them in Seattle years and years ago.

They just arnt the same IMHO. I love them and wish just to see old pics and old concert clips. Some do age well both in body and sound like Tony Bennet and Steve Tyler but some do not !

TOKYO (Jan. 28) - Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page said Monday he was ready to take the iconic band on a world tour after burning up the stage at last month's reunion concert in London. But it probably won't be before September

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::D

Its such a pity when bands like this do this sort of thing. Have you seen plant lately? Zepplin was my very first album purchase when I was 13 lol. Stairway was the first song i learned to sing. I loved them back then and my friend partied with them in Seattle years and years ago.

They just arnt the same IMHO. I love them and wish just to see old pics and old concert clips. Some do age well both in body and sound like Tony Bennet and Steve Tyler but some do not !

Ya, getting old is a bitch!:mad: I would gladly join the throng of boomers to see Led Zep again! Dust off the bong, clean out the Boda bag and find what I did with those moccasins..............yes it would be glorious!:D

Welll... given that I'm getting old, too... I'd still 'do' Robert Plant in a heart beat. :D

Other than the Beatles and full Pink Floyd, this is the one band I've never seen and always wanted to!

Some singers can stay great for more than forty years by always singing simple stuff, (eg Donovan and for a lesser time T. Petty) others - like Plant just use a smaller range and less dynamics to stay GREAT. The work he did with A, Krauss is all the proof I need that he's still got the magic... can't wait to hear Mothership!

I guess I said that because it was hard watching him the other day after not seeing him for years and his face looks so aged. I loved his voice. He's a great talent, dont get me wrong, I just like that sexy guy 30 yrs back . God, that hair of his...I would of liked a handful of that!

You can close your eyes and fantasize, or pretend it's another band, or face it... ain't none of us getting any younger :p

Peter Gabriel, Joe Cocker, Van Morrison all still get to me... Noe rod stewart, he shoulda quit when he was ahead... and david hasselhoff should have quit before he started :)

You can close your eyes and fantasize, or pretend it's another band, or face it... ain't none of us getting any younger :p

Peter Gabriel, Joe Cocker, Van Morrison all still get to me... Noe rod stewart, he shoulda quit when he was ahead... and david hasselhoff should have quit before he started :)

Amen to that!

Lojo, you big bad boy, you flamed someone? You??????:rolleyes:

Two men in one day? And it's not even Spring time mating season yet!!

Rob.....you know all the buzz, which post did my Lojo in? and Lojo? If you too are visiting as a guest , Hiya buddy, come back soon:)

I knew I could count on you for info Rob...wow, that's been done and over with for awhile now.

/staying out of business that doesnt concern me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back