New Windows 8

Am I the only person that sits just a bit further than arms length from their computer screen? Except for my laptop of course...

:lolup:
I laugh because I'm currently slouching and looking up at my monitor. I'd need 2 arm lengths to touch the screen.

:lolup:
I laugh because I'm currently slouching and looking up at my monitor. I'd need 2 arm lengths to touch the screen.

Breaking news:D

Microsoft have just released the new "Windows pointy stick" upgrade, to be shipped with all new desktops along with Windows 8. It comes with a velvet tip not unlike a child's finger, and has an ajdustable length that gives it the abilty to extend to 5 arm's lengths.

Do NOT however, order version 1.0, as some Beta testers have found that some PC screens do not respond to the velvet tip. V 1.1 replaces the tip with one made from a composite that more closely resembles human skin, and this is going to be compatable with the vast majority of touch screen monitors.

Available direct from Microsoft for $99.99, although some retailers have a similar "non MS approved" product for around $9.99:D

:rolleyes::D

Breaking news:D

Microsoft have just released the new "Windows pointy stick" upgrade, to be shipped with all new desktops along with Windows 8. It comes with a velvet tip not unlike a child's finger, and has an ajdustable length that gives it the abilty to extend to 5 arm's lengths.

Do NOT however, order version 1.0, as some Beta testers have found that some PC screens do not respond to the velvet tip. V 1.1 replaces the tip with one made from a composite that more closely resembles human skin, and this is going to be compatable with the vast majority of touch screen monitors.

Available direct from Microsoft for $99.99, although some retailers have a similar "non MS approved" product for around $9.99:D

:rolleyes::D

That would be okay as long as you don't suffer from any type of shaking disorder. I can see it now..."[person] is suing MS for gouging someones eye out due to uncontrolled hand movements. [person] claims there was no warning that pointed stick could cause physical damage if not used correctly..." :D

That would be okay as long as you don't suffer from any type of shaking disorder. I can see it now..."[person] is suing MS for gouging someones eye out due to uncontrolled hand movements. [person] claims there was no warning that pointed stick could cause physical damage if not used correctly..." :D

Oh crap! Bet Microsoft didn't think of this:D

They will have to build some "Windows accessories" for those with such disorders to go with the ones they have for blind or deaf users.

What about amputees, who don't even have a limb with which to hold the device, let alone touch the screen.

Fortunately, a new interface HAS been developed, and it works on brainwaves. Adapting a design already used for some computer applications, the user merely has to THINK about touching a part of the screen, and the interface reads the electrical impulses and activates the relevant area of the screen.

Unfortunately, considerable training and development is needed, since current prototypes can only discriminate between two states, and users train themselves to think a specific thought for each state they want to set the device to transmit to the computer.

The gaming industry seems to be leading this, since now users do not even have to move their fingers to play, they can REALLY vegetate on the couch, and play with their thoughts alone.

Oh crap! Bet Microsoft didn't think of this:D

They will have to build some "Windows accessories" for those with such disorders to go with the ones they have for blind or deaf users.

What about amputees, who don't even have a limb with which to hold the device, let alone touch the screen.

Fortunately, a new interface HAS been developed, and it works on brainwaves. Adapting a design already used for some computer applications, the user merely has to THINK about touching a part of the screen, and the interface reads the electrical impulses and activates the relevant area of the screen.

Unfortunately, considerable training and development is needed, since current prototypes can only discriminate between two states, and users train themselves to think a specific thought for each state they want to set the device to transmit to the computer.

The gaming industry seems to be leading this, since now users do not even have to move their fingers to play, they can REALLY vegetate on the couch, and play with their thoughts alone.

Oh great, I'm REALLY in trouble, since MY brainwaves are currently incapable of reasonable thought processing. Add on top of that the prescription drug side affects and I could really get into BIG trouble.:lolup:

Also, how many would go to read the TOS for this new process? They could claim a disclaimer..."I thought to read the TOS but my system burped and landed me on a site which took me DAYS to recover from..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back