Windows 11- Who owns your data?

With Windows 11 you are forfeiting the rights to your data and essentially the hardware that Windows 11 runs on.
Its also forcing hardware manufacturers to create computer and electronics components that allow the operating system full power and control over that hardware overriding your total control over the hardware you own. Even as an administrative end user of your computer, you will need to ask Microsoft permission to do various things on your own device.

Oh why did I decide to humour you and listen to most of that first video.

15 minutes of my life wasted lol.

You ever thought of maybe taking up knitting or something to pass your time.
You say that, but who owns the knitting balls? How can YOU tell if your hank's been hacked?

On another, more serious note, tech companies have been trying to infiltrate our personal lives for the longest time. I'd watched some film or other as a kid, and next day in Maths class solved an equation on my calculator. The answer was there in glorious monochrome that had evaded me for minutes: 5318008

Imagine my horror then upon returning from a quick piss break, as I approach my desk and see the calculator knowingly mock me as I see emblazoned 'BOOBIES' :eek:

I knew then that tech could never be trusted, and I made a point of boycotting corrupted Casio and terrifying Texas Instruments. Got a D in GCSE Maths for my troubles, as I had to use pencil and post-it notes throughout my exam :mad:

With Windows 11 you are forfeiting the rights to your data and essentially the hardware that Windows 11 runs on.
Its also forcing hardware manufacturers to create computer and electronics components that allow the operating system full power and control over that hardware overriding your total control over the hardware you own. Even as an administrative end user of your computer, you will need to ask Microsoft permission to do various things on your own device.

Business opportunation for a software developer to write a brand new OS and hardware manufacturer to make hardware without this...they would make a killing :)

I thought this thread would be about Windows operating systems, with some cheeky Linux gossip thrown in

I tried that once, but it didn't go down very well.

I was immediately attacked by a windows fan person who didn't understand a joke.

Operating systems seem to be also something some people get offended by these days.

#TW! Computer software

Jesus.

I was immediately attacked by a windows fan person who didn't understand a joke.

Operating systems seem to be also something some people get offended by these days.

#TW! Computer software

Jesus.
That sounds like something I'd expect to hear from a MacOS user. We beneath you are we sir?

#TW! Computer software

Jesus.
You should go apple, they're purveyors of privacy :p

You no like-y the sandbox?:p

I jest - they should be arrested just for the abomination that is I Tunes

@ternur
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
My god...to think this country was almost equal to our countries not that long ago.
We knew Brexit would set them back, but nobody expected anything like this.

When they get this excited about windows 11, there is no way they would be able to comprehend the fact that
for as long i can remember i have been using windows 2000.

Lets just leave them some modern technology and a way for them to contact us in the future when their tech catches up.

icq number.png
hh.jpg4.png

Alright Ternur, lets get int...

'U GO NAU? TAKE STIIL BIRD?'

'Well, im not sure thats the best way to desc,..'

'STEEEEEL BERD'

'Yes, we take steel bird.. Come on Ternur, lets just get in the car and get out of here'

@Kroffe
Yes, these not-nordic countries are something else, aren't they? Maybe some day they will also get up to speed with the coolest software.

Btw. Next time, just send me a PM before you "upgrade" your system the Swedish way :thumbsup:

Im still trying to help them best i can.
Was trying to teach them about Tea, because i know they like that stuff over there.

Some of them are not ready to learn just yet and become agressive when you approach them.

11.gif

But there are some that want to learn, this guy learned how to say Tea in just one day.
Sort of.

12.gif

It'll be a cold day in hell before I touch any of Apple's products.
Agreed - aside from the iPod (barring the stooopid software) every Apple product I've tried had been overpriced crap - trims marking easily, lack of ports for USB's, poor battery life (suddenly falls off after about 900 charges, impossible to replace without a kit and a microscope) and awkward laptops. Kind of like Nike trainers, you pay double what you do for say K-Swiss or Skechers etc. but those brands don't fall apart after a year or two.
Best phone on the market by a margin IMO is Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra (about same price as Crapple iPhone 13) and it isn't thrown together in China.

Agreed - aside from the iPod (barring the stooopid software) every Apple product I've tried had been overpriced crap - trims marking easily, lack of ports for USB's, poor battery life (suddenly falls off after about 900 charges, impossible to replace without a kit and a microscope) and awkward laptops. Kind of like Nike trainers, you pay double what you do for say K-Swiss or Skechers etc. but those brands don't fall apart after a year or two.
Best phone on the market by a margin IMO is Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra (about same price as Crapple iPhone 13) and it isn't thrown together in China.
Thanks. This was meant as a thread to educate me by those who understand and know what they are talking about when it comes to computers

I have to agree with the above.

No, not Geordie, but about Apple products. Partner's i-phone's died within two years and had (RIP) terrible battery life.

Compare that with Samsung, it's like night and day. Their batteries probably hold, ooh, around ten times more charge, I couldn't believe it. I didn't think I'd take this life path but I can definitely confirm I'm a Samsung convert.

I don't even care if it pilfers my personal data at this point it's that good!

I have to agree with the above.

No, not Geordie, but about Apple products. Partner's i-phone's died within two years and had (RIP) terrible battery life.

Compare that with Samsung, it's like night and day. Their batteries probably hold, ooh, around ten times more charge, I couldn't believe it. I didn't think I'd take this life path but I can definitely confirm I'm a Samsung convert.

I don't even care if it pilfers my personal data at this point it's that good!

Now try a phone without bloatware like a Motorola. I had a Samsung before I converted to Motorola and it's night and day when comparing battery life.

Now try a phone without bloatware like a Motorola. I had a Samsung before I converted to Motorola and it's night and day when comparing battery life.
You just want everyone to have a Nokia 3310 so you can be the the cool kid

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back