Apple Event this evening

Lol...

BIG problem for Grapple apparently...

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

All the fault of the apps according to Grapple, YOUR fault for running popular apps on them! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Meanwhile the Android S22 runs so cool you can hold it against your testicles to increase sperm count.

Yep and an iOS update for this is imminent. Also you may jest and laugh, but Apple have a track record for repairing and replacing defunct tech that they have produced in the past. You are dealing with a company where the warranty means something.

As for you Fandroids out there swooning over the S22. You can't airdrop 30GB of 4k video footage and hi res images to your PC, like I can with my iPhone 13 and 2020 27' iMac. No cables required :thumbsup:

Fact, Apple ecosystem once you are bought into it, is SUPERB. Another small plus point No windows! :)

Some nice comparison here (web scrape):

Operating System
  • Apple: iOS
  • Android: Varies (e.g., Stock Android, One UI, OxygenOS)

App Store​

• Apple: App Store
  • Android: Google Play Store, sometimes additional stores like Samsung Galaxy Store

Customization​

• Apple: Limited—iOS offers fewer customization options
  • Android: Extensive—Android's open system allows for deep customization

Hardware and Software Integration​

• Apple: Highly integrated—Apple controls both
  • Android: Less integrated—Android OS is used by multiple manufacturers

Voice Assistants​

• Apple: Siri
  • Android: Google Assistant, Bixby

Messaging​

• Apple: iMessage
  • Android: SMS, Google Messages, and additional ones like Samsung Messages

File Sharing​

• Apple: AirDrop
  • Android: Various methods like Nearby Share, Quick Share (Samsung)

Charging Ports​

• Apple: Lightning
  • Android: Mostly USB-C

Headphone Jack​

• Apple: Absent in newer models
  • Android: Present in some models, varies by manufacturer

Expandable Storage​

• Apple: No
  • Android: Yes, in many models via microSD card

Price Range​

• Apple: Generally higher
  • Android: Wide range, from budget to high-end

Biometric Security​

• Apple: Face ID, Touch ID
  • Android: Varies—face recognition, fingerprint sensor, iris scanner, etc.

Ecosystem​

• Apple: Closed, works best with other Apple products
  • Android: More flexible, compatible with various brands and devices

Software Updates​

• Apple: Longer support, simultaneous release for all compatible devices
  • Android: Varies by manufacturer, often delayed for older or budget models

============================

User Experience​

• Apple: Known for its intuitive, user-friendly interface.
  • Android: Offers a range of user experiences depending on the manufacturer.

Camera Capabilities​

• Apple: Consistent quality across models, with computational photography features like Night mode.
  • Android: Varies widely, from basic to highly advanced systems like those in Google Pixel or Samsung Galaxy S series.

Battery Life​

• Apple: Generally solid but varies by model; non-removable.
  • Android: Ranges from poor to excellent; some models have removable batteries.

Gaming​

• Apple: Strong performance, often gets new titles first.
  • Android: Performance varies; wider range of free games.

NFC Capabilities​

• Apple: Limited to Apple Pay and a few other services.
  • Android: More versatile, can be used for device pairing, data sharing, and more.

Widgets and Home Screen​

• Apple: Limited customization but recently improved with iOS 14.
  • Android: Highly customizable home screen with various widgets.

Multitasking​

• Apple: Limited split-screen capabilities.
  • Android: More robust multitasking and split-screen options.

Default Apps​

• Apple: Limited ability to change default apps.
  • Android: Can easily change default apps for various functions.

File Management​

• Apple: Restricted file system; primarily managed through apps.
  • Android: More open file system, similar to a computer.

Repairability​

• Apple: Requires specialized service; repairs can be expensive.
  • Android: Varies by brand, but generally easier and less costly to repair.

Developer Options​

• Apple: Restricted; development primarily through Xcode on a Mac.
  • Android: More open; allows for deeper access to system settings.

=============================

SIM Card Flexibility​

• Apple: eSIM support in newer models, allowing for dual SIM capabilities.
  • Android: Dual SIM models more common, especially in international versions.

Screen Technology​

• Apple: Retina Display, with OLED in premium models.
  • Android: Varies—LCD, OLED, and even foldable displays.

Audio Capabilities​

• Apple: Spatial audio and Dolby Atmos support in newer models.
  • Android: High-res audio support varies by manufacturer.

Gesture Controls​

• Apple: Gesture-based navigation system integrated into iOS.
  • Android: Offers both traditional button-based and gesture-based navigation.

Virtual Reality​

• Apple: Currently no native VR support.
  • Android: Some models compatible with platforms like Google Daydream.

5G Connectivity​

• Apple: Available in newer models.
  • Android: Available across a range of models, including budget options.

In-Box Accessories​

• Apple: No charger or earphones in the box for newer models.
  • Android: Varies—some still include charger and earphones.

Global Availability​

• Apple: Widely available but may have a higher cost in some countries.
  • Android: Wide availability, including more options for budget-conscious consumers

Accessibility Features​

• Apple: Extensive accessibility options including VoiceOver and AssistiveTouch.
  • Android: Features like Live Transcribe and Sound Amplifier, varies by manufacturer.

Resale Value​

• Apple: Tends to hold value longer.
  • Android: Depreciates faster, varies by brand and model.

Digital Wellbeing​

• Apple: Screen Time feature to monitor usage.
  • Android: Digital Wellbeing tools, plus additional ones depending on the manufacturer.

===============================

Personally, I use a Samsung phone to:

- Make and receive calls
- Send and receive SMS
- Access the internet

Taking screenshots and pictures is also handy, but i could live without them :D

Some 10 years ago i used to pick the most expensive phones but at some point, i just gave up because they never lasted long for me, some got lost, or sometimes i cracked the screen and then i just decided to stick with Samsung phones in a price range of £100-200.

Since i'm interested only in the 3 main functions, i wouldn't see the difference between having a £1000 phone or one for £100.

I recently heard that Apple is developing an AI assistant capable of learning all about the user in the background. This assistant could then be used for tasks, like even answering phone calls... Essentially this would allow one to have a caller talk with an advanced language AI model that mimics your voice and characteristics lol.

This info was from a YT video of their officials talking. If i find it, I'll drop it here.

Great breakdown there. At the end of the day it is down to personal preference and what you get out of your tech, does it do want you want it to do and do you get on with the os.
Not if you're a Grapple fan it wasn't! :laugh::laugh:

Yep and an iOS update for this is imminent. Also you may jest and laugh, but Apple have a track record for repairing and replacing defunct tech that they have produced in the past. You are dealing with a company where the warranty means something.

As for you Fandroids out there swooning over the S22. You can't airdrop 30GB of 4k video footage and hi res images to your PC, like I can with my iPhone 13 and 2020 27' iMac. No cables required :thumbsup:

Fact, Apple ecosystem once you are bought into it, is SUPERB. Another small plus point No windows! :)
I did upgrade last year my laptop to M1 airmac very happy with it, this year I did Upgrade on Mini mac m2 very happy with it, now waiting for Ipad m4 let see I think will be out next year

I use to care not any more, I just buy free sim phone and payasyougo sim I pay like $20pm 😂 free text free net free calls
I pay £10 a month for the 'Three' network sim, and it gives me 4GB of internet + unlimited calls and messages. The only problem is that my internet connection in central London is worse than what I've had when traveling on underground trains in some other countries. I'm not sure why - maybe Three's network is just crap, or rats are munching on old cables somewhere lol... I live in Windsor and there it is even worse, but i believe they filter searches here and their returns for security reasons which makes the connection slow.

I pay £10 a month for the 'Three' network sim, and it gives me 4GB of internet + unlimited calls and messages. The only problem is that my internet connection in central London is worse than what I've had when traveling on underground trains in some other countries. I'm not sure why - maybe Three's network is just crap, or rats are munching on old cables somewhere lol... I live in Windsor and there it is even worse, but i believe they filter searches here and their returns for security reasons which makes the connection slow.
I got Vodafone, the country I live they have good option and when I travel back in UK works fine not had any problem, I have flat close to baker street not had any problem, but also have good Internet on flat, is very cheap and fast not like Virgin I had before, very bad internet and very expansive

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 11.52.15.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 11.52.15.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 8
I got Vodafone, the country I live they have good option and when I travel back in UK works fine not had any problem, I have flat close to baker street not had any problem, but also have good Internet on flat, is very cheap and fast not like Virgin I had before, very bad internet and very expansive
Ha... that's broadband, i'm on about a mobile phone. In London, in fecking 2023 i want my phone to have a Starlink level of internet connection, not caveman lol

I use to care not any more, I just buy free sim phone and payasyougo sim I pay like $20pm 😂 free text free net free calls
That’s expensive! I always buy my phone outright. Have a rolling contract card, that I can upgrade, downgrade or cancel anytime. 20gb of data, unlimited calls and texts all for 10 sheets a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back