What is your computer setup?

Webzcas

Winter is Coming!
Staff member
A current thread that DreamRJ started concerning PC problems encountered got me thinking, what computer setup does everyone have?

I have been using for the past 2 and a half years a 2020 27' iMac powered by an i7 with 64GB memory and 500GB SSD. However, I have just added this beauty to it, in the form of a brand spanking new M2 14 Macbook Pro :)

macs.jpg

To add, the M2 Macbook Pro when using it to edit 4K footage in Final Cut Pro it is a complete joy. It eats 4K footage for breakfast and is so much quicker than the iMac, which in itself is no slouch! Only downside is the size of the cache generated by Final Cut when editing 4K footage, which grows at a massive rate!

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 10.42.51.png

Good thread :thumbsup:

Updated back in Feb with a custom system.
i9-13900K, Corsair Hydro X CPU water cooler, 32 gig corsair 6400 ddr5 ram, gigabyte RTX 4080 GPU, gigabyte Aorus Z790 mobo, 2TB SSD, 4TB 7,200 HDD, Corsair 1000w PSU. all housed in a beautiful, not in your face bling box - Antec P101 (extremely good filtering system, 3 fans front [variable speeds] take less than 20 sec to clean filter).

Added an LG 165mhz monitor, and corsair wireless gaming headphone. All up AU$7,500.

AAA games maxed out on all eye candy @ 4K and it's smooth as silk.

Why didn't I grab the RTX 4090 GPU? Another AU$1K (4080 was AU$2.5K, and it was the last in stock).

Believe it or not, I still have the same set up that the community here helped me decide upon and build with the budget I had at the time, guessing 5-6 years back now maybe.

Although most likely out of date now in the most part, *touch wood* I am not complaining and pretty happy with it, it does everything I need with out too much fuss, although being super picky, I could do with a new fan as there is only the CPU fan working to cool the whole unit lol!

Screenshot (127).png

I also have the Nividia GeForce graphics card.

My CPU is getting on a bit but still holds up for most things, i7 6700k, 16Gb DDR4 3200mhz, RTX 3060ti, 1Tb PCIE Nvme SSD.
next upgrades will be board, ram and CPU.

MacBook Pro M1 Chip. got it last year is fast no fan very happy with it

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 00.15.55.png
Also got fast internet deal for £22 pm
Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 00.33.38.png

I also got 3 years old Mac min now I was thinking to upgrade to Mac min M2

Apple M2 chip

8-Core CPU​

10-Core GPU​

8GB Unified Memory​

512GB SSD Storage¹​

• 16-core Neural Engine
  • Two Thunderbolt 4 ports
  • Two USB-A ports, HDMI port, Gigabit Ethernet, headphone jack

Last edited:
MacBook Pro M1 Chip. got it last year is fast no fan very happy with it

View attachment 182322
Also got fast internet deal for £22 pm
View attachment 182323

I also got 3 years old Mac min now I was thinking to upgrade to Mac min M2

Apple M2 chip

8-Core CPU​

10-Core GPU​

8GB Unified Memory​

512GB SSD Storage¹​

• 16-core Neural Engine
  • Two Thunderbolt 4 ports
  • Two USB-A ports, HDMI port, Gigabit Ethernet, headphone jack
The M2 Mac Mini I was seriously considering, for the price it is SUPERB value for money. But, I would also have to get a 4K TV or monitor, after weighing everything up, I opted for the M2 14' Macbook Pro. Which I am super happy with.

The M2 Mac Mini I was seriously considering, for the price it is SUPERB value for money. But, I would also have to get a 4K TV or monitor, after weighing everything up, I opted for the M2 14' Macbook Pro. Which I am super happy with.
I will get it not sure witch one they are 3 different one, I guess I will got with medium, I got 2 monitors 4k last Black Friday on sell is I am ok with it,

Got my new HP omen laptop the other day , upgraded from a HP Pavillion gaming laptop and so far so good would have rather got one with a 4 series Nvidea gpu but SA only just got them in recently and they heavily overpriced compared to the EU and US

Attachments

• pcmiester.jpg
    pcmiester.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 11
You know me Dave, stick to what I know and not venturing into new stuff :oops:
So still using my HP Pavillion laptop which I bought 10 years ago... and Office 2010 :D

It's old and a bit slow, but still just about works OK... very much like myself! :cool:

KK

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back