My online slots videos (plus UK AWPs)

Odin left you with a balance roughly 3 times the size of the goonies after a good number of spins and features iirc. I think pitching a 3dice game against a medium/low variance branded slot is an interesting test - where does all the money go mr Blueprint?
Degsy Degworth takes on the playtechs is also something I'd quite like to watch :)

A fantastic old UK fruit machine by JPM.

Not much in the pipeline in terms of online slots videos at the moment, as the vast majority of my play these days is at 3Dice (I've done over 24,000 spins there this month alone and I'll be playing there again this evening), but as per an earlier comment I've covered all the games there already (sometimes more than once!) and I've done a video about their latest game too). Maybe one day Kyoko's Quest will get the promised remake!

1634997837799.png

More old UK fruit machine stuff, as for online slots I'm currently sat on a 100% bonus offer from Novibet but I want to see how all the autoplay changes land before committing to a deposit 'cause I ain't playing online slots without autoplay. It looks like I'll be getting the gimped UK versions even though I don't live in the UK. That leaves Unibet.com and Maria.com where I can play the international versions that still have autoplay and suchlike but they're really stingy with bonus offers and playing random games with a house edge with no bonus in play seems a bit like a pointless waste of money.

As such I can see me getting even more focused as a 3Dice player, as I get my VIP match offers which whilst modest, are at least EV+ and proper bonuses, and I know the games well so don't risk an NLC style shafting whereby my deposit disappears faster than the naked eye can perceive.

What I might do for an online slots video is have 3Dice running in real mode and review new slots elsewhere in demo play, I'll see how it goes.

Anyway, the machines featured in this video date from 1988-1990, in 1990 I was at college and spending lots of time in arcades when I should have been in lectures or doing studies....

Last edited:
Since I'm not playing online slots at the moment due to all the RTP gimping and loss of autoplay, here's a reupload from October 2012 when I took on four NetEnt progressives simultaneously at RedBet. Hall Of Gods, Mega Fortune, Tiki Wonders and Super Lucky Frog. I then move onto quad-slot play of more conventional slots in an attempt to make wagering.

More old fruit machines innit.

There are two new slots at 3Dice though, so I'll be covering those in a video in due course. One of them is in a new high volatility category all by itself, which is interesting.

Made a small fortune from these 2 back in the day.

Would rinse the JPM Fireball of tokens first then head for these 2 which were side by side in our local Quicksilver.

Not watched the video yet, will later but found out well after the event there was a Jackpot guarantee 'cheat' on the Coconut Shy on Fairground.

Made a small fortune from these 2 back in the day.

Would rinse the JPM Fireball of tokens first then head for these 2 which were side by side in our local Quicksilver.

Not watched the video yet, will later but found out well after the event there was a Jackpot guarantee 'cheat' on the Coconut Shy on Fairground.

I've deliberately used earlier £6 ROMs for Fairground which doesn't have the emptier, although I do talk about the Cocount Shy emptier. Apparently it was a test routine introduced on the £8 jackpot to allow the tester to verify all the values were paid correctly by the feature, and the coders forgot to take it out for release...... (I cover this in the video.)

As for Hot Dogs, I wasn't aware there was a 'thing' on that, what did you do to win on it? Or was it just the standard issue value-drain for a JPM if it was numbering?

Nowt special on Hot Dogs mate.

Just the numbering thing and cross holding worked really well on it, holding any random pair then the 3rd time the matching pair, worked very well on JPM's and Red Bars.

The Quicksilver in Queen Street Wolverhampton was daily CRAZY busy from 10-4 so you could hit the same machine 2-3 times A DAY! - The two in your video were awesome for converting tokens to cash.

I'd get in early but not too early so most machines had a fill from the "none experts" or "addicts as we called them, then hit the token repeaters and fill up pockets. Patience time would then arrive and when the were full, ready and free to play head for those 2 machines, along with Road Hog and Viva las Vegas. As best I recall, all 4 were in a line so me n fruity machine pal would play 2 machines each at one time.

Numbering alone is very powerful, holy crap I wish I'd have known about it back in the day! I remember getting my arse handed to me by JPMs and not understanding how a £6 jackpot machine could take so much money, alas I didn't understand the concept of a skilled player being able to leave them with absolutely no value in them.

By the time I learned about numbering towards the middle-back end of the £15 era, the days of JPMs were coming to an end, although there were still some in the pubs and a few hung on in arcades, a £15 Roller Coaster in particular I managed to do well out of when showing 1/12.

Taking a compensated machine so far over percentage it goes into a CRITICAL ERROR state and almost literally asks you to ring its mum for help.

@ Jono777 , how did you learn the emptiers and tricks ? Did you discover tricks just through playing , or was there a network for ‘buying’ cheats ?

Maybe Choppers can do a video on the whole business of finding the cheats and dealing with diffferent players in different areas , troubles etc..

It would be interesting.

@ Jono777 , how did you learn the emptiers and tricks ? Did you discover tricks just through playing , or was there a network for ‘buying’ cheats ?

Maybe Choppers can do a video on the whole business of finding the cheats and dealing with diffferent players in different areas , troubles etc..

It would be interesting.

Trial and error, out of town visitors to our local arcades/pubs/clubs and the odd "inside info" from one or two of the staff we got close to.

One of the best which was the Barcrest Up n' Over £15 jackpot was a pure fluke.

I was just pissed off with losing the one day, I randomly tried going the opposite way on the numbers on the Hi-Lo reels.

Imagine my elation as I discovered it actually worked lol!!!

Trial and error, out of town visitors to our local arcades/pubs/clubs and the odd "inside info" from one or two of the staff we got close to.

One of the best which was the Barcrest Up n' Over £15 jackpot was a pure fluke.

I was just pissed off with losing the one day, I randomly tried going the opposite way on the numbers on the Hi-Lo reels.

Imagine my elation as I discovered it actually worked lol!!!
My personal experience over the years has been that a small numbers of players actually work things out and/or get inside info, and then it gradually gets spread/sold throughout the player community, generally finding its way into more hands as its value decreases.

I actually had a couple of pretty good contacts at one point who were pretty up to date with the latest info, and they'd pass it over to me as I live on the IOM so we'd never tread on each other's toes.

Of course that's a more recent thing, back in the early 90s (when I didn't have a clue) methods and tricks could last for months or even years, thanks to it being a pre-internet, pre-mobile phone type of world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back