Lil' Devil Technical Analysis - Best Symbol on Be My Angel & Heartstopper etc

The Reel Story

Experienced Member
Ola everyone! For anyone who has seen my thread about Danger! High Voltage (Danger! High Voltage - Technical Analysis (The best symbol on Gates of Hell and other info)) you'll probably know what this is about.

I decided to try and dig into the new BTG slot 'Lil' Devil' and find out a bit more about it.

I've focused on the 'Be My Angel' bonus, which is the 'enhanced' version of Gates of Hell from DHV. The other bonus doesn't really have any interesting information in it.

So I wanted to find out the best symbol in Be My Angel, how the 'Heartstopper' version differed and also, how it compared to DHV.

First thing I noticed is that you don't appear to be able to get the Heart as the symbol (like you could get Skulls on Gates). This is good, because skulls were horrible. This means that, on average, you *should* get better bonuses (or less duds) than on Gates. This is probably offset by the fact that bonuses seem to be rarer in Lil' Devil than they are on Danger.

Below is a table ranking the symbols from best to worst. It's a different mix to that of Danger, and most notably all of the premiums are pretty bad (whereas Taco on DHV was 3rd best). The other thing to note is that the best symbol, 9's, are best by a long way, and better than anything in DHV. The other symbols are broadly similar.

SymbolFrequencyReel 2Reel 3Reel 4Reel 5
Nine441014128
Ten38101684
Queen36111474
Jack36913104
Ace34710125
King3261385
Croc31111172
Scorpion29111062
Lizard2981344

Ok, so now on to Heartstopper. What I've seen in most comments is 'Heartstopper Angel is like gates but with 2 symbols! OMFG THAT'S SO AMAZING'. Reality? It's barely better. In fact, what I've found would probably make me go with the other bonus for my Heartstopper. There is probably more potential in Angel, but it's really not that great.

So as you can see below, getting 9's in Heartstopper Angel is only 2 symbols better than getting 9's in Non Heartstopper. The only major benefit is the symbols are weighted towards the middle reels, so higher chances of re-triggers with those lovely growing multipliers. Overall though, you're only getting a few extra symbols that can become wild. The main thing it does is balance out all the bad symbols. So even if you get the worst combination (two premiums) it's still the same as an good symbol in regular Angel. Is that worth grinding 40 hearts? Not in my opinion.

Table below shows the Heartstopper Angel frequencies. As you can see, it's really not the 'OMFG' bonus that it is made out to be. If it were me, I'd go with the starting x5 wilds on the other bonus.

SymbolFrequencyReel 2Reel 3Reel 4Reel 5
Nine46915166
Queen441017125
King421116114
Jack421014144
Ace421113126
Ten39717114
Croc381114103
Scorpion3881677
Lizard381113104

So yeh, there we go. Shout if you have more questions or things you would like me to look in to!

Let’s be honest in 9/10 features what ever symbol you get, it goes on bloody holiday.

Yet you always see big clumps of other symbols land. Something that happens once in a blue moon on ur chosen one.

If it’s a genuine random spin from a different reel set then how comes it litters the reels with just the one symbol (not yours) on nearly every bonus!! I’m talking more DHV here rather than this clone.

There has to be something else going on in the background that controls things.

Thanks for the info tho, it’s always an interesting read.

Let’s be honest in 9/10 features what ever symbol you get, it goes on bloody holiday.

Yet you always see big clumps of other symbols land. Something that happens once in a blue moon on ur chosen one.

If it’s a genuine random spin from a different reel set then how comes it litters the reels with just the one symbol (not yours) on nearly every bonus!! I’m talking more DHV here rather than this clone.

There has to be something else going on in the background that controls things.

Thanks for the info tho, it’s always an interesting read.

That's exactly the point. When it chooses a symbol (say 10's), you get switched to the 10 Gates of Hell reel set, where the number of 10's on the reels is vastly reduced (and the numbers of other symbols are changed as well).

I would say that the 'littering with another symbol' is probably more an anecdotal thing that has happened to you and stuck with you than a statistical one. As I say, other symbol numbers are changed, so it could be that another symbol gets increased instances, but not enough to see this happen consistently.

It is also possible there are reel weightings going on behind the scenes as well (no way to tell), but given the reel sets defined and the setups, it feels like this is unlikely.

I’ve just checked..... you can indeed get the Purple Heart on the ordinary be my angel feature

That's interesting. There doesn't appear to be a reel set defined for it (and I've never seen it triggered). I'll have to try and trigger it in fun mode and see what reel set it says it's using. It's possible there is a set that is used twice.

That's interesting. There doesn't appear to be a reel set defined for it (and I've never seen it triggered). I'll have to try and trigger it in fun mode and see what reel set it says it's using. It's possible there is a set that is used twice.

Or maybe it appears 0 times on all reels, and therefore dont need a reel set. :p

How do you get this info? Do you just play heaps of features on play mode? And do you count the symbols that actually fly past?

Yes I’ve not seen it triggered either. But as a visual, it’s most definitely on the symbol picking reel, you can see it quite clearly!! However I’ve only seen a handful of bonuses so far, but if it’s something that can’t be achieved then I’m sure BTG aren’t silly enough to allow it.

RE: Your table above, so the numbers you give for say 9’s is the number of 9’s on each strip when you are actually given the 9 symbol? Would be interesting to compare that against the amount of other symbols frequencies to see just how badly gimped the reels become.

Again thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

How do you get this info? Do you just play heaps of features on play mode? And do you count the symbols that actually fly past?
Haha, no. The reel sets for BTG games are defined in the game communications to the server. Just. Copy and paste them, parse into a spreadsheet and analyse.

Yes I’ve not seen it triggered either. But as a visual, it’s most definitely on the symbol picking reel, you can see it quite clearly!! However I’ve only seen a handful of bonuses so far, but if it’s something that can’t be achieved then I’m sure BTG aren’t silly enough to allow it.

RE: Your table above, so the numbers you give for say 9’s is the number of 9’s on each strip when you are actually given the 9 symbol? Would be interesting to compare that against the amount of other symbols frequencies to see just how badly gimped the reels become.

Again thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
I agree. It's possible it never lands, but would be odd graphically.

I'll post the base game reel set tomorrow when I'm back at my comp so you can see :) answer. Pretty gimped!

Now please see if you can find something similar to this with Cazino Cosmos by Yggdrasil @The Reel Story , would be very interesting to see what the chances are to hit a wild during the freespins bonus, and even more intersting during the enhanced features! :)

Now please see if you can find something similar to this with Cazino Cosmos by Yggdrasil @The Reel Story , would be very interesting to see what the chances are to hit a wild during the freespins bonus, and even more intersting during the enhanced features! :)

I second this, especially curious to know if it would have been possible for reel 5 in this screenshot to land 1 position up for instant wildline with 20 guaranteed wildline spins. Technically it should be possible but I doubt they allow it in the code. Only 500x with this brilliant setup by the way ...

2019-09-03.png

I second this, especially curious to know if it would have been possible for reel 5 in this screenshot to land 1 position up for instant wildline with 20 guaranteed wildline spins. Technically it should be possible but I doubt they allow it in the code. Only 500x with this brilliant setup by the way ...

View attachment 114218

It's rare for developers to disallow specific outcomes. Normally if a game is designed with reel sets, then any combination is possible (Devs like big wins remember, it gives their game loads of publicity. Just look at DOA2).

I'll try to look into it at some point. I've never looked at an Yggdrasil game, so no idea if they publish the reel sets in the communications. If not, then it should be in the game code somewhere, but that could well be obfuscated making it very difficult to find. Sometimes it's not in the client at all, and the server just sends the symbols to display and the reels spinning past are fake, but that tends to be rare on a modern game.

BTG games never pay anything these days
mostly all hype

dead or alive 1 and 2 will always beat any game btg produce
just look at the biggest wins on casumo for last month over 2000x or any month

i bet you doa has like 90 or more 2000x wins and danger higher voltage will have like 7.
they always offer so much you could have a ton of spins left with a screen that looks amazing but then it never produces what it should

Side note: I am CONVINCED that most game codes will restrict certain positioning of reel set ups, at certain times. Not to do us out of wins but to uphold the TRTP,

Could possibly explain this much better but its something I've believed and always will, whether I'm applauded or laughed off the stage!

That is really just a misunderstanding of what TRTP is and how it works. The point is, the reel sets as defined will SET the TRTP. You don't need to restrict certain combinations because that is already taken into account. If you need to stop it going crazy for whatever reason, you just put a max win cap on it. Restricting specific outcomes is the most complicated method of achieving what you're saying, so would be pretty pointless :)

It's rare for developers to disallow specific outcomes. Normally if a game is designed with reel sets, then any combination is possible (Devs like big wins remember, it gives their game loads of publicity. Just look at DOA2).

I'll try to look into it at some point. I've never looked at an Yggdrasil game, so no idea if they publish the reel sets in the communications. If not, then it should be in the game code somewhere, but that could well be obfuscated making it very difficult to find. Sometimes it's not in the client at all, and the server just sends the symbols to display and the reels spinning past are fake, but that tends to be rare on a modern game.

Thanks. Maybe it is possible, I've just never seen a screenshot of it, or a video. So as far as I know it never happened. I've had 4 starting wilds with 3 or 4 scatters on several occasions, 2 starting wilds with 5 scatters once but never 5 starting wilds, nor have I ever seen it documented anywhere. So either it's extremely (jackpot like) rare or it's prohibited by code. My best win on this slot, 2251x, was nowhere close to these 'dream' starts so perhaps the reel set you actually get in the free spins is way more important than the starting wilds. Anyway, I would love to know how this slot is coded.

Thanks. Maybe it is possible, I've just never seen a screenshot of it, or a video. So as far as I know it never happened. I've had 4 starting wilds with 3 or 4 scatters on several occasions, 2 starting wilds with 5 scatters once but never 5 starting wilds, nor have I ever seen it documented anywhere. So either it's extremely (jackpot like) rare or it's prohibited by code. My best win on this slot, 2251x, was nowhere close to these 'dream' starts so perhaps the reel set you actually get in the free spins is way more important than the starting wilds. Anyway, I would love to know how this slot is coded.

Likely just very very rare. There are often billions of permutations within a slot, and only a handful will do what you're saying, so yeh, we're probably talking lottery win odds :)

I'll try to take a look at some point in the future if I get some time :)

Haha, no. The reel sets for BTG games are defined in the game communications to the server. Just. Copy and paste them, parse into a spreadsheet and analyse.
This assumes that the reel sets being passed are the ones used to determine the outcome, and not just some "fake" ones used for the visual reel spin ;)

LOL...I was playing this on demo today and got the enhanced trigger. Chose the 7 spins, got 9 as the other symbol aside from the heart. Result - 2x stake. 16 positions to get one of two symbols, x 7 spins, equals 112 tiles. I got one 9 on reel 3 on the 4th. spin.

Yep, would have got 6x for the 3-scatters if I had triggered normally. I then went for another enhanced feature, took 1,100 spins to get the next 40 hearts and in the meantime not one 'normal' trigger. This time I got 22.4x.

LOL...I was playing this on demo today and got the enhanced trigger. Chose the 7 spins, got 9 as the other symbol aside from the heart. Result - 2x stake. 16 positions to get one of two symbols, x 7 spins, equals 112 tiles. I got one 9 on reel 3 on the 4th. spin.

Yep, would have got 6x for the 3-scatters if I had triggered normally. I then went for another enhanced feature, took 1,100 spins to get the next 40 hearts and in the meantime not one 'normal' trigger. This time I got 22.4x.

My bonus on demo-mode ended about the same. 9x stake.
Thing is, i hit a bonus for 1300x while i was filling the hearts.

Not 100% sure what to think about this game.
Ill probably give it a go on 10 or 20p when it comes to all sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back