How Being Nice Cost Me 50K Today !

Laura, I always let little old ladies go in front of me!
I never win these friggin thing anyway, but I see the look on their faces and the hope it brings and who says the next card would
not be the jackpot. I used to but these games out of habit I have finally kicked this habit. No Mas!

But I can tell a story
There used to be a boat leaving here twice daily where you can gamble after 3 miles off shore.
I used to play the dollar machines dble bonus on the same machines forever and ever when available.
Most of these jokers would grab it when I am not around thinking its played a lot and its due.
Well, invariable ,I woud play the next available machine and I would say more than 75% of the time I would get lucky and laugh all the way to the banl
We were all a close knit bunch of retired gamblers so had a great joy nin pissing them off

But I beleive in that karma thing other posters mentioned so I am sure things will turn out much better than you expected In the meantime I am sure you have to feel good for the little old lady

After reading about the lady who won the 500 million powerball ticket, I'm not letting anyone skip me again. I'll hold the bag or whatever but not go ahead of me. That's what happened to the young lady who was buying her powerball ticket. The little old lady bought one ticket and won.

When they interviewed the lady on the news as to what she thinks should happen, she was hoping that the lady would offer her something. The little old lady has bought a mansion in Jacksonville and hasn't been heard from since. Her family is keeping her in seclusion. There's too many stories like yours Laurie.

After reading about the lady who won the 500 million powerball ticket, I'm not letting anyone skip me again. I'll hold the bag or whatever but not go ahead of me. That's what happened to the young lady who was buying her powerball ticket. The little old lady bought one ticket and won.

When they interviewed the lady on the news as to what she thinks should happen, she was hoping that the lady would offer her something. The little old lady has bought a mansion in Jacksonville and hasn't been heard from since. Her family is keeping her in seclusion. There's too many stories like yours Laurie.

Hmm, and if the old lady you didn't let skip gets the winning ticket after you?

Anyway, the story about the powerball ticket would be moot - the time difference between the two purchasing tickets? The result would never have been the same - in those seconds or minutes, the system would have cycled through hundreds of different print outs. It's like getting off a slot and someone else sitting down and winning then saying 'arg, if i hadnt gotten up, that would have been mine' ..or someone beating you to a seat and winning..you would have NEVER have gotten that win they did - the 2 people would have never have pressed spin at the same time - the rng would have cycled though millions of spins in that time

FASCINATING tale and thread!!!!

Laurie,

I cannot even imagine what an array of conflicting emotions you would be feeling right now. OK, I can imagine. Everyone who has commented in this thread has in some way (perhaps with one or two exceptions) made a valid point.

I believe in God and in karma. I think dionysus' post mirrors pretty much my feelings. Who of us couldn't use 50K? Obviously some much more than others.

Perhaps Doris Day said or rather sang it best:

Que Sera, Sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be"

You did someone a kindness. There is no question in my mind that I would have done exactly what you did. There is also no question in my mind that I would really have to work through my emotions in a very big way if this happened to me. It was the right thing to do and like so many others commented it wasn't meant for you but for her. Still doesn't make it easy though!

Imagine how bad you would have felt if you had NOT let her get ahead and she got the winning ticket. Then you'd have felt like you were being punished for not letting her ahead of you. At least your story ended with her winning and you not feeling like a jerk. :)

Who's to know what the future has in store for you...maybe from now on you'll be making friends and exchanging numbers with people who are in the same line as you 'just in case' lol

This must be really tough to swallow... I know that I would be feeling cheated in such a situation. But on the other hand you have to look at it in the same way as many others already posted.

1. You helped an old woman - so that is a good deed in itself
2. You helped an old woman win 50K - I am sure she will be forever grateful and will use it wisely
3. You will be rewarded for your good nature at some point. These things dont just happen are forget about you!

Hope you feel better!

Regards,
Rebecca.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back