Horse Racing & Tips Thread

dave1888

Ueber Meister
PABnononaccred2
mm1
look very carefully at the info on some of the longer odds horses... it could be an upset.
1425 goodwood was an upset of sorts a 15/2 with horrendous form won with a 14/1 coming 2nd....worst part is is i had a bet on quloob and platittude eithr had a good chance both had no more left in the tank :(

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
I don't like Harry Bently, however can't argue with his form here the past couple of days, so done a small EW treble on his last 3 runners today. No doubt one will let me down. Can't believe Strawberry didn't get placed :(

Done an EW single on George Bowen too, more I look at it, the more well handicapped it looks.

dave1888

Ueber Meister
PABnononaccred2
mm1
if following the first selections i posted from today. Change cold front to king ragnar outright. Cold Front is NR. Next race Goodwood

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
2.25N Yafta 7/2
First time blinkers, Crowley is on this and presumably could have rode the 2nd fav, down in grade and only really has Glen Shiel to beat, who's a good horse, but often doesn't follow though with wins.

1.25N Mews House, in form, dropped in class, should beat the favourite.

1.55N Eye Smiling

Good luck today

geordiecolin

Sells powdered water in the Gobi
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
Interesting choces Dave. Good luck

This is my Naas bet.

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

8. Sendmylovetoyou
9/2
3rd Aug NAAS 14:35 6F HCAP 6f - Each Way
14:35 Today
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
Best odds

2. Thats Not Me
6/1
3rd Aug NAAS 15:35 6F HCAP 6f - Each Way
15:35 Today
Best odds

7. The Cola Kid
6/1
3rd Aug NAAS 16:05 6F HCAP 6f - Each Way
16:05 Today
Best odds

1. Mohtarrif
4/1
3rd Aug NAAS 17:35 1M 2F HCAP 1m 2f - Each Way
17:35 Today
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 3 Places
Best odds

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
4.45H Little India has good form here, trainer and jockey in decent form, 2nd last time he was here over C&D at 22/1. Currently trading at around 11/1, seems to have a decent EW chance.

5.40W Walk On Walter. Trainer/Jockey in good form. runs well after a break (despite the RP suggesting otherwise), form after a break of 6 weeks plus reads 2111, he's won and placed in better races than this. This is the EW bet of the day for me, currently 18/1 at Coral, 16's most other places.

I'll be doing an EW double on the 2 above, if the first fails to get a place, then will do an EW single on Walk on Walter.

Doing these 2 below to make up the lucky 15.

2.35N Ecclesiastical (irish racing urgghh) anyway, 2nd in its last 3 races, makes handicap debut today, got knocked all over at the start in his last race and would have won if not for that, looks like a low enough mark to at least get a place, jockey and trainer in ok form, currently 25/1 in places, or (what I'll be doing) 20/1 for 5 places.

2.15H Brutalab, has easily got the form to win this, Ella's a decent apprentice jockey, nothing else in the race really stands out. At the prices available for all the runners, I think this is the best value in the race by far. Currently 12/1 most places.

In the 3.15H I think Mountain Peak should win easily, but as theres only 6 runners and it's only around 7/2, left it out the L15.

Good luck today

geordiecolin

PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
4.45H Little India has good form here, trainer and jockey in decent form, 2nd last time he was here over C&D at 22/1. Currently trading at around 11/1, seems to have a decent EW chance.

5.40W Walk On Walter. Trainer/Jockey in good form. runs well after a break (despite the RP suggesting otherwise), form after a break of 6 weeks plus reads 2111, he's won and placed in better races than this. This is the EW bet of the day for me, currently 18/1 at Coral, 16's most other places.

I'll be doing an EW double on the 2 above, if the first fails to get a place, then will do an EW single on Walk on Walter.

Doing these 2 below to make up the lucky 15.

2.35N Ecclesiastical (irish racing urgghh) anyway, 2nd in its last 3 races, makes handicap debut today, got knocked all over at the start in his last race and would have won if not for that, looks like a low enough mark to at least get a place, jockey and trainer in ok form, currently 25/1 in places, or (what I'll be doing) 20/1 for 5 places.

2.15H Brutalab, has easily got the form to win this, Ella's a decent apprentice jockey, nothing else in the race really stands out. At the prices available for all the runners, I think this is the best value in the race by far. Currently 12/1 most places.

In the 3.15H I think Mountain Peak should win easily, but as theres only 6 runners and it's only around 7/2, left it out the L15.

Good luck today
I struggled to find much ew value today Col

geordiecolin

PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
Lets hope that the jockey Gabriele Malune is ok and makes a full recovery after an awful fall this afternoon. It appears he was stretchered away. And I can't see Yarmouth being back in action any time soon because I guess they will have to do extensive work on the track.

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He’s alive ! Walks out of hospital abusing us for not leaving his clothes inside nice bang to the head but we all think he needed that <a href="
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
">@AtTheRaces</a> <a href="
">@RacingPost</a> <a href="
">@GTYarmouthRaces</a> <a href="
">pic.twitter.com/P5gbFzDwsu</a></p>&mdash; Eoin Walsh (@EoinWalsh3) <a href="">August 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="
" charset="utf-8"></script>

geordiecolin

PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He’s alive ! Walks out of hospital abusing us for not leaving his clothes inside nice bang to the head but we all think he needed that <a href="
">@AtTheRaces</a> <a href="
">@RacingPost</a> <a href="
">@GTYarmouthRaces</a> <a href="
">pic.twitter.com/P5gbFzDwsu</a></p>&mdash; Eoin Walsh (@EoinWalsh3) <a href="">August 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="
" charset="utf-8"></script>
Lucky he is young and subtle because that fall was a thunderbastard

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
Pretty poor racing today, just going to do a short price treble.

3.30B Ventura Rascal
2.15C Longroom
5.10L Gavi Di Gavi

Seems to be some gambles going on today

Massive gamble taking place on Swaffham Bulbeck in the 5.50C, was 14's last night, now down to 11/4 in places

1.45C Passthecourvoisier 11/1 into 7/2

3.45C Possible Ambition opened 6's in places, now 15/8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)