Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Kenji85

Experienced Member
16 50 Navan Oh So Chic each way.
PP pay 6 places.

At 7/1 this is my kinda bet. Been in the frame in several maidens recently and might just have enough to win. Will love the trip thats for sure.

Haven't done much else yet but probably will.
Also looking forward to seeing Chelsea v Liverpool and hate or love him it's great to see Ronaldo back in the prem!

Gl all having a bet

Kenji85

Experienced Member
With no good rugby on. International matches also no premier league and the racing being a lot of small field handicaps today. I've only backed one horse and no other bets. Unless the solheim cup throws up a bet its gonna be a quiet Saturday.

Tahitian Prince in 3.15 at kempton. 5 places each way.
My kinda bet at 11/2.

That's all she wrote for today. Gl all

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
With no good rugby on. International matches also no premier league and the racing being a lot of small field handicaps today. I've only backed one horse and no other bets. Unless the solheim cup throws up a bet its gonna be a quiet Saturday.

Tahitian Prince in 3.15 at kempton. 5 places each way.
My kinda bet at 11/2.

That's all she wrote for today. Gl all
I totally understand that racecourses need to balance the books but I think that too many meetings are effecting the quality of the races. The fields are being diluted too much for my liking also given that I'm much more of an each way punter. My guess is that we will see much more of these small fields over the winter.
Anyhoo,this is one of my bets to avoid for today. Good luck if your having a punt

LUCKY 15
(EACH WAY)
Ever Rock
7/1
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3,4
13:50 Navan
Essential Part
3/1
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3
15:35 Navan
Harbanaker
7/1
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3,4,5
16:10 Navan
16:10, Today
Dollar Value
5/1
Win or Each Way, 1/4 odds - places 1,2,3
16:45 Navan

Best Odds Guaranteed

Slottery

Meister Member
PABnoaccred
MM
Like many mentioned already, this summers races are just ridiculous with these small fields, are there really so many races and tracks so broke after so long without audience or are there some other reasons as well?

Irish Champion Stakes, 1 million euros and 4 (Four) horses.... Can't they just take there some 500/1 dunkies just to make it even closely look big race :) Smallest field in this race history and somehow really hard to understand that they can't get there more decent horses for this price money, i could go running myself just in hope that other 4 not finish....

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

orion

Experienced Member
PABnononaccred2
hey where is ColinSunderland ? Long time no posts from him.
Hope everything is ok with him, maybe spending some amazing holidays somewhere in the Caribbean.

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
Like many mentioned already, this summers races are just ridiculous with these small fields, are there really so many races and tracks so broke after so long without audience or are there some other reasons as well?

Irish Champion Stakes, 1 million euros and 4 (Four) horses.... Can't they just take there some 500/1 dunkies just to make it even closely look big race :) Smallest field in this race history and somehow really hard to understand that they can't get there more decent horses for this price money, i could go running myself just in hope that other 4 not finish....

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
I just noticed the max crowd which is rediculously low. I can't explain why the field is so small this year but maybe it has something to do with conserving the owners and trainers horses record for future breeding income?
I understand that racecourses need to make an income,especially after having to hold meetings with no and limited crowds. These courses make most of there income from having crowds as well as those not interested in racing itself. Concerts and events after racing.
My guess is things will work themselves out eventually. As a very cagey punter I prefer my each way betting simply because I love racing without betting on the nose with the huge ups and downs that on the nose used to bring me

Kenji85

Experienced Member
1.45 at Donny tomorrow pays 7 places.

I have backed about 10 of these horses in the past. But the one running into form for me right now is Digital. ground trip and course should all suit and with a little luck in running should be thereabouts. 7 places at 12/1.

For anybody punting from Ireland(cant speak for UK as they differ sometimes) there is a free 5euro bet builder for the Leeds v Liverpool game Sunday and also a free fiver on the all Ireland football final mayo and Tyrone tomorrow evening on PP.
Bet 365 also gave me a free fiver on the mayo,Tyrone game.

Jaysus I must be some serious mug punter if they all want to give me free bets :eek:

As for the card at Leopardstown. The crowd numbers are a pity. That will revert to full opening in Oct22. That may help likes of Dundalk racetrack survive. As they rely on their friday night winter fixtures for revenue. The lack of runners is something that bugs me but it does happen from time to time.

Gl all having a punt.