Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Highly Sprung 3.00P has 6 wins and 5 places from 16 runs (including winning this race 2 years ago) at this track, loves fast ground and well drawn, the opposition isn't great and be surprised if he isn't in the first 2 home. 11/2

6.40M Willy Nilly might be good enough to snatch a place here at 50/1

2.50U Montanna is Peter Bowen's only runner of the day, around a 300 mile round trip, don't think he's there for a day out. 5/1

4.30U The money for Be Thankful suggests they are expecting a decent run from this one today 5/1

EW Lucky 15 on those.

From a win perspective Back On The Lash should win the 4.00 and Jimmy The Digger the 5.00. Both 2/1. Win double on those pays 8/1.

Good luck today if you're having a bet

Highly Sprung 3.00P has 6 wins and 5 places from 16 runs (including winning this race 2 years ago) at this track, loves fast ground and well drawn, the opposition isn't great and be surprised if he isn't in the first 2 home. 11/2

6.40M Willy Nilly might be good enough to snatch a place here at 50/1

2.50U Montanna is Peter Bowen's only runner of the day, around a 300 mile round trip, don't think he's there for a day out. 5/1

4.30U The money for Be Thankful suggests they are expecting a decent run from this one today 5/1

EW Lucky 15 on those.

From a win perspective Back On The Lash should win the 4.00 and Jimmy The Digger the 5.00. Both 2/1. Win double on those pays 8/1.

Good luck today if you're having a bet

Two places to start from, not too bad. Made small EW double for Highly Sprung and Montanna and ended up little profit, cheers Col :cheers:

Galway starts today I expect the weather to be very changable, it is quite warm but plenty of thunderstorms in the air so the good to yielding may cut up a little later in the week.
Good racing from goodwood this week also, in fact its better standard imo (Galway for partying, goodwood for punting.)

**Bet365 seems to have a free €/£ bet emailed out so look out for it.
Also PP have a free €/£5 bet on the 5.15 at Galway.

The free fiver on PP has gone on Earls at 16/1 in the 5.15.
Fells like he was put away with this in mind. Had good form the tail end of the year which if he reproduces he'll be bang there.

I've done an each way lucky 15 on these 4. All extra place races.

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
Best odds

Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
Best odds

Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
Best odds

As always its likely to see a non runner in there somewhere with Irish evening racing.

GL all having a bet.

Einstein said the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and again and expecting different results. Well Albert here I go again!

Lucky 15 on 4 each way pokes
1.50Good Johnny Drama 10/1 feels like he has a big race win in him, will for sure handle the heavy ground.
3.00 Good Real Appeal 14/1 Oisin Murphy has a very good strike rate for Harrington at one point and rides for her rarely nowadays 14/1 is a big price about a progressive type in a race which should run to suit.
4.10Good Lord Riddiford 9/1 Holly Doyle rides and has every chence to get a lot closer to Only Spoofing than last time when Ryan Morre gave up abnout 2f out.
5.45 Galway Emaniya 7/2 not the most original pick but one of stronger favourite chances I see in Galway today.

The accum alone pays over 7,000/1 so obviously easy money:rolleyes:

Aside from that I noted D.Weld has 4 of the first 5 favs at Galway, like old times(RIP Pat Smullen) yeterday I backed 4 weld horses 3 were placed and of courese I missed the 14/1 winner he had.

In the 2.25 at Gooodwood PP are doing money back all losers as a free bet up to €/£10 so no matter what you fancfy its worth throwing a few pennies on.

One other interesting thing I noticed is at Perth.
Now we all know Perth loves itself an irish runner or two in races but the 6.55 is taking the piss. A 6 runner race at a british track and 5 of the runners are irish!

gl all having a bet!

I am just as taken by the racing in Ireland this evening and those lovely big fields :p I would love to see Strad win the Goodwood Cup again but he didn't run too well last time out and his odds are too off putting for me to back him. I just took Birkshire Shadow in the 2.35 with my money back bet at PP as it will cover a bet tomorrow win or lose. Its a great week for racing :)

Good luck with your bets all

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

7. Cockalorum
11/1
27th Jul GOODWOOD 13:50 HANDICAP 1m 1f 197y - Each Way
8. King Of Stars
11/2
27th Jul GOODWOOD 16:10 HANDICAP 0m 5f 0y - Each Way
8. Olivetti
10/3
27th Jul GOODWOOD 16:45 MAIDEN STAKES 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
7. Lovely Breeze
11/4
27th Jul GOODWOOD 17:50 HANDICAP 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 2 Places
Best odds

And
Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

11. Emaniya
11/4
27th Jul GALWAY 17:45 7F STAKES 7f - Each Way
13. Mosala
9/1
27th Jul GALWAY 18:15 1M 1/2F HCAP 1m 123yds - Each Way
8. What A Feeling
10/1
27th Jul GALWAY 19:45 1M 1/2F HCAP 1m 123yds - Each Way
6. Landa Beach
16/1
27th Jul GALWAY 20:15 2M 1/2F HCAP 2m 110yds - Each Way
Best odds

One win,1 place, 1 non runner and 1 lost from yesterdays lucky15 but not much I fancy re-investing in today.
I'll probably back alcohol free at 4/1 as thats a fair bit bigger than Poetic flare. in the group1 at goodwood and look again at galway. can't decide if the shunter is a great price or a terrible one lol.

GL all having a bet.

Got 3 places in my ew lucky31, got bit over 30% above my bet, one winner would been nice, preferably Away he goes at 50/1 but always nice to get at least bet back.

Todays WE Patent to Goodwood:

13:50: Irish Legend 16/1 (placed)
15:35: Tilsit 14/1
17:20: Magical Wish 18/1

Cashout would make around 50% profit for now but not really tempting option after one place

And now 14:25, EW to Onassis 9/1, it got quite low somewhere 5/1 but now again drifted 7/1 but have strong feeling about it, so stay away :)

edit: and 2nd of course, would be nice to get one winner.... happily there are still many days to go...

Last edited:
I hope that everyone has had a good week with the racing? I'm probably about even across Goodwood and Galway for the week. These are mine for today.
Good luck if your having a punt :)

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

3. Mount Rainier
3/1
31st Jul DONCASTER 13:45 EVENT 0m 6f 2y - Each Way
8. Baryshnikov
5/1
31st Jul DONCASTER 15:30 HANDICAP 1m 2f 43y - Each Way
8. Cooperation
8/1
31st Jul DONCASTER 16:02 HANDICAP 0m 6f 2y - Each Way
6. Captain Vallo
7/2
31st Jul DONCASTER 16:37 HANDICAP 0m 6f 2y - Each Way
Best odds

And

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

5. Celtic Crown
9/2
31st Jul GALWAY 14:00 1M 1/2F HCAP 1m 73yds - Each Way
3. Sassified
4/1
31st Jul GALWAY 14:35 1M 1/2F HCAP 1m 73yds - Each Way
11. No Say Ever
13/2
31st Jul GALWAY 16:20 1M 4F HCAP 1m 3f 180yds - Each Way
1. Crassus
7/2
31st Jul GALWAY 16:50 1M 4F HCAP 1m 3f 180yds - Each Way
Best odds

One quick one I do fancy is Mr.Wagyu 20/1 6 places in the 1.55 at Goodwood.

Also crowns major in the 4.20 at galway. 7lb claimer negating the fact hes 6lb out of the handicap.
Each way 15/2 5 places.

I did not double them but 20/1 and 15/2 winners will do me fine. Although I did back divinely each way also she can below par.

I did not double them but 20/1 and 15/2 winners will do me fine. Although I did back divinely each way also she can below par.
Very nice punting. My betting today bombed mostly across every card. Tonight's meeting at Lingfield sounds like its already rowdy. They have UB40 performing their after racing. I used to do a lot of work there and concert evenings means they will be pissed up long before the last race. Great atmosphere though

Great picks @Kenji85 . I backed Mr Wagyu last night ew @ 18/1 as ive backed it all year. Great pick for the second one, jockey give it a great ride and definitely he looks one to follow.

Tonight's meeting at Lingfield sounds like its already rowdy. They have UB40 performing their after racing. I used to do a lot of work there and concert evenings means they will be pissed up long before the last race. Great atmosphere though

Sounds like it got rowdier....

Lingfield where one of the pioneers of racetracks introducing gigs at the end of summer meetings. We stayed behind for one of their early gigs and it was carnage by the end of the evening in terms of how so many got utterly smashed. I've seen many crowds at the end of normal meets go home smashed without an extra 3 hours of drinking time. But money is money. Especially for the otherwise quieter meetings. Back in the day I enjoyed watching the money people snorting their coke or injecting while thinking they where out of sight then watching them go back to their company.
On a punting note I had a very good day. It could have been better if I had taken another of Laura Pearson's rides ew that looked as if it had no chance.
It was also lovely to see Fern win on the 25/1 outsider this evening just 2 days after her 16th birthday. I suspect that females will dominate the jockeys championships in years to come

One of note tomorrow in the 2.07 at cork is Conservant for Denis Hogan.

Opened 12/1 some places and is into 6/1 everywhere now.
Effectively on a high mark but loves soft ground. All his best form is on soft or worse and I live not far from cork racecourse and its pissing out of the heavens! For me he is an each way shot to nothing.

Skybet pay 6 places at the minute too which is an absolute gimme to me at 6/1 for the place and no harm done if he finds one too good.
I can't bet at Skybet, well not more than 10cent each way anyway lol. But lots of firms going 5 places.
Currently 20 runners too so hopefully 16 take their chance at least so they dont fuck around with the places available to bet.

Doubt I'll back much more than that. Looking forward to the third lions test and not a big fan of the shergar cup. Though I think James Doyle may have a winner or two.

Gl all having a punt.

I've completed my bets before seeing your tip Ken. I choose my bets from my paper before checking for none runners which meant I've had to mess about with a lot of bets this morning. This is my pick of them. No big outsiders
Good luck to everyone having a punt

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

3. Noirvento
15/2
7th Aug CORK 14:07 6F HCAP 6f - Each Way
10. Quarantine Dreams
13/2
7th Aug CORK 14:42 7F STAKES 7f - Each Way
3. Karlsberg
3/1
7th Aug CORK 15:50 7F HCAP 7f - Each Way
11. Ten Ten Twenty
11/4
7th Aug CORK 16:20 7F HCAP 7f - Each Way
9. La Petite Coco
11/4
7th Aug CORK 16:55 1M 4F STAKES 1m 4f - Each Way
Best odds

Lots of racing on today but not a lot I really fancy.
Will probably do a lucky 15 later,but for now
All I've backed is Degree last race newmarket.
7/2 isn't a massive price but a fair one.
I'd also give Single a chance today off 7-12 in the 2.00 newmarket with a claimer negating the 2lb out of the handicap with a 5lb claim.

Also there is a fiver free bet builder with PP for the Man Utd Leeds utd game today.

Gl all

Lots of racing on today but not a lot I really fancy.
Will probably do a lucky 15 later,but for now
All I've backed is Degree last race newmarket.
7/2 isn't a massive price but a fair one.
I'd also give Single a chance today off 7-12 in the 2.00 newmarket with a claimer negating the 2lb out of the handicap with a 5lb claim.

Also there is a fiver free bet builder with PP for the Man Utd Leeds utd game today.

Gl all
For my bet builder I took Man U to win and there being 3 goals or more.
Here are mine to avoid. Good luck with your bets :)

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

7. Golden Pass
13/2
14th Aug NEWBURY 14:20 EVENT 1m 5f 61y - Each Way
4. Danzan
12/1
14th Aug RIPON 15:10 HANDICAP 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
1. Dbai
18/1
14th Aug NEWBURY 15:30 EVENT 0m 7f 0y - Each Way
4. Mr Wagyu
13/2
14th Aug RIPON 15:45 HANDICAP 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
Best odd

This thread misses @colinsunderland hope all is ok!

Today I fancy a few small ew bets. Lots of racing and probably a football bet or two also. Glad the prem is back

I fancy MT Leinster 6/1 PP pay 6 places 3.35 York. The horse has the perfect profile to appreciate the switch to Good ground. Been winning race on flat and over sticks for Mullins. Not a massive price but with 6 places a great each way bet to nothing imo.
In the 5.20 at York.
Kraken power 33/1 each way. Feather weight and consistent enough to give a run for our money at massive prices.

Chester,Killarney,Curragh and Sandown all have interesting cards too but I'll likely have to go through the races as they happen just a quick mention for Jungle Junction in killarney and Batraan at chester.

Gl all having a punt.

Today I fancy a few small ew bets. Lots of racing and probably a football bet or two also. Glad the prem is back

I fancy MT Leinster 6/1 PP pay 6 places 3.35 York. The horse has the perfect profile to appreciate the switch to Good ground. Been winning race on flat and over sticks for Mullins. Not a massive price but with 6 places a great each way bet to nothing imo.
In the 5.20 at York.
Kraken power 33/1 each way. Feather weight and consistent enough to give a run for our money at massive prices.

Chester,Killarney,Curragh and Sandown all have interesting cards too but I'll likely have to go through the races as they happen just a quick mention for Jungle Junction in killarney and Batraan at chester.

Gl all having a punt.
Echo the sentiment re @colinsunderland and hope he is just taking a break.
I think Alounak @ 33/1 could run a big race in the Ebor, and with Sky going 8 places i have had a few quid ew on it - SDS never gives up on a horse unless it has absolutely no chance so I think he will always try and get the best placing possible.

Good luck to all investing today.

In the 5.20 at York.

Gl all having a punt.
I miss Col's punditry too.

I can't see MT Leinster failing to get at least placed so he is included in one of my bets but as the Irish racing continues to be where I do best here is what to avoid over there
Good luck with your bets all :thumbsup:

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

13. Antigua Son
10/1
21st Aug KILLARNEY 13:45 2M 4F HCAP HURDLE 2m 4f 50yds - Each Way
3. Bright Sunbird
15/4
21st Aug KILLARNEY 14:15 2M 4F HCAP HURDLE 2m 4f 50yds - Each Way
6. Walking On Glass
7/1
21st Aug KILLARNEY 14:50 2M 6F HCAP HURDLE 2m 6f - Each Wa
4. Pont Aven
13/2
21st Aug KILLARNEY 16:35 2M 4F HCAP CHASE 2m 4f - Each Way
Best odds

Top jockeys must be spitting feathers over the decision to keep the one meeting per day rule in place for the next year or more. It must vastly reduce their income.
Incidentally @dionysus is running this evening and it has great each way chances

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back