Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Couple of quick ones for today

2.25N Desert Dreamer 7/1
4.25Y Tangled 7/1 6 places
4.45N Twilight Calls 4/1 4 places

EW treble
Good luck if you're having a bet today

Good days racing today.

Just did couple bets at work mainly on specials. Should have done lucky 15 as would have had first winner as well.

3 bets 3 winners. Put tenner on at PP on Dubai Honour as was free bet if finishes first four. So nice £55 profit. They had Sandrine and Live your Dream as 18/1 enhanced double so put £5 on it when Dubai Honour won.

And Willy Hill had Sandrine as 5/2 flash odds so put tenner on it tho won at 11/5 in end but still just a better price.

Some decent racing today

4.05Y Like a few here at decent prices, best is Lucander but the price has gone now. Currently 12/1 6 places, was 20's yesterday in a few places. The move does increase confidence in it though. Last night I was looking at Strait Of Hormuz at 40's but now is best priced 16's which I think is a bit low and probably around it's correct price. I'll probably go with Good Birthday who has a decent chance on his best form, and jockey and trainer are both doing ok at the moment. Currently 28/1.

3.35A Count D'orsay might get a place here, 20/1 5 places.

5.15Y Ventura Express 28/1 5 places

Outsider of the day is Brando in the 4.25N. Always gives his running here, and although unlikely to win, certainly has a chance of being in the first 5 and 100/1 seems a bit too big to me.

This has missed the lucky 15 so I probably won't back it (which probably means it will win) but Revich in the 3.50N seems over priced at 40's with 6 places.

I might do a win treble but haven't looked at the shorter priced runners yet, although I think Winter Power is massive at 2/1, I think it's a really good bet and wouldn't like to be laying it at any more than evens.

Good luck today

Good news colin. I didnt back any of those lol.

Screenshot_20210710-110358_Chrome.jpg

These are your four to avoid today. I fancy them all for a place at least. Should they all do the unthinkable and win its about 34,000/1 so easy money really.....

Wow I managed to avoid one of them even getting a place :rolleyes:

In other news sad to see Galileo has passed away at the age of 23.
He was one of the first horses I ever really followed on the flat and as good a racehorse as he was, he was a super stallion.

I notice O Brien and Ryan Moore are gone to Belmont tonight for two grade 1 races.

I cant believe that are both odds on
Santa Barbara 4/7 in the 9.02
Bolshoi Ballet 4/6 in the 10.12.
I know Athens followed the exact path as santa Barbara in 2018 and hacked up but I cant he having either of them at odds on. Unfortunately my knowledge of american racing means I probably wont find one to take them on with. But I may lay them both for small amounts on the exchanges.

Yeah I wouldn't be taking odds on for them either.
EW in the 9.06 Gam's Mission 14/1 and 10.12 Hard Love 6/1

Frustrating today with my last 2, 7th at 150/1 (needed 5th) but only a length off third and the last one coming 6th at 28/1 (18/1 SP) and I needed 5th

Unlucky again there Col Gams Mission 4th at a nice price. To be fair Santa Barbara looked boxed in and in bad shape. Showed a good turn of foot to get up in the end.

Peter has 4 runners today, 3 at Stratford, one at Perth, all with what seem, on paper, to have a decent chance. I'm going to do a small yankee on them, still think there was something wrong with his horses, but he hasn't had a runner now since Monday, despite having a few entered which were pulled, so am banking on whatever was wrong being sorted now. After yesterday's results I'll probably get 4 seconds :D

2.38S Kapsize 7/1
3.48S More Bucks 9/4
4.58S Shareef Star 7/2
2.50P Staple Head 5/1

Good luck today.

I think in the next race (3.15) Land of Winter should get placed at least, been running in better races than this and hasn't been out the first 2 in any flat race 14f or more. Loves soft/heavy.
Golden Flame obviously has a chance, but think he prefers better ground, and I certainly wouldn't be taking odds on about it.
The fly in the ointment might be Platform Nineteen, who certainly has the form for this, but hasn't ran for about 3 years. Considering theres been some money for it today, you have to think he should be fit, and I'm going to do a RFC on it and Land of Winter.

Also think Martin Keighley may have a treble this evening, which I put on last night before the prices collapsed.

Good luck today.

Cashed out my Keighley treble after 2 races, it paid 10/1, which is actually more than the treble would have paid if I had been on at SP (assuming the last one starts at around the price it is now), so the obvious play was to cashout. Re-invested £30 of it on the race so if it does win I'm not too pissed off :D

Heres my 4 for today

2.55NM Rifleman 10/1
2.25NB Scaramanga 7/1 4 places
3.40NB Russellinthebushes 40/1 5 places
2.05MR Ambassador 11/1 5 places

I notice Francky Du Berlais is running in the 2.40MR For James and Peter Bowen, and Lord Bryan for Sean. The intersting thing about it Sean usually rides Francky Du Berlais and James Lord Bryan. Normally I would back Francky Du Berlais but until I see signs of improvement from the stable I'm staying away.

Good luck today

Its going to be a hot day and I feel for the horses today. Especially the longer distance runners. Is there a max temp where racing is no longer suitable?
Here is one of my bets for today. Good luck all that are having a punt

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

2. Captain Tom Cat
4/1
17th Jul MARKET RASEN 14:40 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 5f 89y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
7. Sweet Flora
10/1
17th Jul CARTMEL 15:45 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 1f 61y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
6. Valseur Du Granval
7/1
17th Jul MARKET RASEN 16:22 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 1f 43y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
12. Breaking The Ice
6/1
17th Jul CARTMEL 16:50 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 1f 107y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 3 Places
Best odds

I notice Francky Du Berlais is running in the 2.40MR For James and Peter Bowen, and Lord Bryan for Sean. The intersting thing about it Sean usually rides Francky Du Berlais and James Lord Bryan. Normally I would back Francky Du Berlais but until I see signs of improvement from the stable I'm staying away.

Good luck today
First time I haven't backed it for ages and it hacks up at 11/1 ffs

A few for this evening, win yankee on the first 4.

6.50N Miss Jabeam - should be able to win this. 7/2
7.00S Sunset Bay - couple of question marks about this, but the money fot it suggests it's fancied by the stable. 7/4
7.50L Arabian Romance - has the form to win this, and the favourite might not be up to it on turf. 4/1
8.25L Truth In Jest - be surprised if anything beats this tonight, now it's main rival is a non runner. 6/4

8.45S Snowalot is the likeliest winner in my view, but don't think Master Milliner should be the price he is, in fact I wouldn't like to be laying him at half this price. Assuming 8 runners stay in, will be having an EW bet on it. 14/1

The 3.35A is a brilliant race, and I'll probably not have a bet it's so hard, I think Love is overpriced, I expected him to be closer to Evens rather than the current 2/1, and think he should win. However Adayar, is very good too, and is likely to give him a decent race, and could win. If the forecast rain comes, the ground can turn soft very quickly at Ascot, and if that does happen, I will probably have a few quid on Wonderful Tonight. Definately a race to watch, rather than invest heavily in though.

Sticking with my selection above in the 3.00.

Think Latest Generation will win the 2.25, around 10/3 at the moment.

3.20NC Al Erayg won here last year over this distance, off a 6lb higher weight. First run back on the AW since then and might outrun his odds of 20/1.

Good luck if you're having a bet today

Screenshot_20210724-112550_Chrome.jpg

Your 4 to avoid.
All races have an extra place.
I'm hoping gulliver is on one of his better days,the race is well within his grasp if so. Ventura Express has come in for support and is better than shown the last time out.
Robeam is carrying a lot of weight but is a lb lower than his last run which was encouraging.
Shine so bright has also shown signs of returning to form of old. So hopeful all have a place chance.
Easy 30 grand if they all win lol.

As colin said Love even now at 7/4 is a half point bigger than I expected her to be. I expect the stable to make plenty of use of Broome who to be fair isn't a bad horse itself. Great race which should be a fun watch. I would rule out Lone Eagle either who almost pinched the Irish derby from the front.

Looking forward to the Lions v S A also. Even if the tour has been a bit of a farce. It should be a good watch.
Gl all having a bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back