Horse Racing & Tips Thread

16 50 Navan Oh So Chic each way.
PP pay 6 places.

At 7/1 this is my kinda bet. Been in the frame in several maidens recently and might just have enough to win. Will love the trip thats for sure.

Haven't done much else yet but probably will.
Also looking forward to seeing Chelsea v Liverpool and hate or love him it's great to see Ronaldo back in the prem!

Gl all having a bet

With no good rugby on. International matches also no premier league and the racing being a lot of small field handicaps today. I've only backed one horse and no other bets. Unless the solheim cup throws up a bet its gonna be a quiet Saturday.

Tahitian Prince in 3.15 at kempton. 5 places each way.
My kinda bet at 11/2.

That's all she wrote for today. Gl all

With no good rugby on. International matches also no premier league and the racing being a lot of small field handicaps today. I've only backed one horse and no other bets. Unless the solheim cup throws up a bet its gonna be a quiet Saturday.

Tahitian Prince in 3.15 at kempton. 5 places each way.
My kinda bet at 11/2.

That's all she wrote for today. Gl all
I totally understand that racecourses need to balance the books but I think that too many meetings are effecting the quality of the races. The fields are being diluted too much for my liking also given that I'm much more of an each way punter. My guess is that we will see much more of these small fields over the winter.
Anyhoo,this is one of my bets to avoid for today. Good luck if your having a punt

LUCKY 15
(EACH WAY)
Ever Rock
7/1
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3,4
13:50 Navan
Essential Part
3/1
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3
15:35 Navan
Harbanaker
7/1
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3,4,5
16:10 Navan
16:10, Today
Dollar Value
5/1
Win or Each Way, 1/4 odds - places 1,2,3
16:45 Navan

Best Odds Guaranteed

Like many mentioned already, this summers races are just ridiculous with these small fields, are there really so many races and tracks so broke after so long without audience or are there some other reasons as well?

Irish Champion Stakes, 1 million euros and 4 (Four) horses.... Can't they just take there some 500/1 dunkies just to make it even closely look big race :) Smallest field in this race history and somehow really hard to understand that they can't get there more decent horses for this price money, i could go running myself just in hope that other 4 not finish....

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

hey where is ColinSunderland ? Long time no posts from him.
Hope everything is ok with him, maybe spending some amazing holidays somewhere in the Caribbean.

Like many mentioned already, this summers races are just ridiculous with these small fields, are there really so many races and tracks so broke after so long without audience or are there some other reasons as well?

Irish Champion Stakes, 1 million euros and 4 (Four) horses.... Can't they just take there some 500/1 dunkies just to make it even closely look big race :) Smallest field in this race history and somehow really hard to understand that they can't get there more decent horses for this price money, i could go running myself just in hope that other 4 not finish....

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
I just noticed the max crowd which is rediculously low. I can't explain why the field is so small this year but maybe it has something to do with conserving the owners and trainers horses record for future breeding income?
I understand that racecourses need to make an income,especially after having to hold meetings with no and limited crowds. These courses make most of there income from having crowds as well as those not interested in racing itself. Concerts and events after racing.
My guess is things will work themselves out eventually. As a very cagey punter I prefer my each way betting simply because I love racing without betting on the nose with the huge ups and downs that on the nose used to bring me

1.45 at Donny tomorrow pays 7 places.

I have backed about 10 of these horses in the past. But the one running into form for me right now is Digital. ground trip and course should all suit and with a little luck in running should be thereabouts. 7 places at 12/1.

For anybody punting from Ireland(cant speak for UK as they differ sometimes) there is a free 5euro bet builder for the Leeds v Liverpool game Sunday and also a free fiver on the all Ireland football final mayo and Tyrone tomorrow evening on PP.
Bet 365 also gave me a free fiver on the mayo,Tyrone game.

Jaysus I must be some serious mug punter if they all want to give me free bets :eek:

As for the card at Leopardstown. The crowd numbers are a pity. That will revert to full opening in Oct22. That may help likes of Dundalk racetrack survive. As they rely on their friday night winter fixtures for revenue. The lack of runners is something that bugs me but it does happen from time to time.

Gl all having a punt.

Some decent fields tomorrow which I will flick through properly in the morning.

I do like the look of Tecumseh Sherman in the 1.45 Navan.
Patrick Martin is training his fair share of winners considering the stable size.

Round about 7/1 most places so shop around as I see it as a very decent each way chance.

Gl all.

That one is a NR.

I've added Strike Red at 28/1 5 places in the 2.30 at Ayr.

No bet in the gold cup yet. I reckon I have backed 8 horses in that field previously lol.
Racing tv has a monopoly on this afternoons racing. Sky sports racing need to get their act together! I have got bets galore going on today but this is my pick at Ayr. No big surprises.
Good luck with your bets :)

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

21. Blackrod
9/2
18th Sep AYR 14:30 HANDICAP 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
3. Commanche Falls
15/2
18th Sep AYR 15:40 HANDICAP 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 7 Places
8. Garden Oasis
13/2
18th Sep AYR 16:15 HANDICAP 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
8. Bowman
5/1
18th Sep AYR 16:50 HANDICAP 0m 7f 50y - Each Way
Best odds

I've had a look for tomorrow.

There's a double I fancy

Sacred Bridge 2.25 Newm
&
Luxembourg 2.30 Curragh

Both horses really impressed me on debut and sacred bridge has looked incredible since.
Double pays around 11/2 currently on bet365.

Gl all having a bet

3 I've picked for tomorrow.
1.50 Newmarket Swoon 11/2 ew.
Very progressive and has the type of profile to love this race.

1.30 Ascot Statement 10/1 ew.

Yup. I must hate money to back this filly again. But I believe she has one decent race in her and this downgrade will help.

3.45 Killarney Easily 7/1 ew.
Hitting the frame regularly. Bound to win one of these.

I do see one outstanding bet on Paddy Power.
Ronaldo to have one or more shots on target at even money. Max stake is 20quid.

This is such a good bet. It would typically be about 1/20 for this bet. Evens is huge also because he's 4/5 to score anytime. So actually bigger just to have a shot on target!!

Gl all having a punt.

3 I've picked for tomorrow.
1.50 Newmarket Swoon 11/2 ew.
Very progressive and has the type of profile to love this race.

1.30 Ascot Statement 10/1 ew.

Yup. I must hate money to back this filly again. But I believe she has one decent race in her and this downgrade will help.

3.45 Killarney Easily 7/1 ew.
Hitting the frame regularly. Bound to win one of these.

I do see one outstanding bet on Paddy Power.
Ronaldo to have one or more shots on target at even money. Max stake is 20quid.

This is such a good bet. It would typically be about 1/20 for this bet. Evens is huge also because he's 4/5 to score anytime. So actually bigger just to have a shot on target!!

Gl all having a punt.
Bloody hell. PP must have a huge budget pool for promo's! I will have a bit of that! I will wait until tomorrow closer to 1pm before sticking a bet on. I am sick of sticking bets on only for there there to be none runners. Today I stuck a bet on at about mid day at Gowran only to have 3 of the 4 runners voided. (the only runner placed at 18/1 so I made a profit)

Ronaldo on the bench :oops:

Have to hope he gets at least a 20 minute run out now. Then I'd still fancy it.

Or doesn't feature at all for money back as a NR

@Kenji85 I think its time to give up on Statement, possibly its worst run of the season today and doesnt seem to have carried forward the ability it had last season.
What are your thoughts on the Arc? Would love to see D.K. Weld lift it and think his mare is an absolute beast, but for me Appleby has two outstanding chances and I think this could be one of the strongest Arc's ever.
Skybet are paying 5 places, so I will pick one of the 3 above for a win bet and possibly have a speculative EW bet on either Broome or Mojo Star at around 50/1 in the hope whoever I end up picking can snatch 5th place.

Good luck to all having a bet in the Arc tomorrow, and hopefully its a clean race with no bad luck stories.

You are 100% correct. Was actually the only one I backed today that didn't at least place! Just hasn't trained on like I thought she would. Like I would with a real woman. I fell head over heels too easily lol.

The arc is a cracker this year. The whole card is very good in fact.

Hurricane Lane firstly has gotten better with every run and to my eye the race could really run to suit.
Adayar and snowfall are very good in their own right too. I wouldn't put anybody off either.
Then theres Tarnawa very unlucky last time not to get the win but definitely holds every chance. The Japanese horse Chrono Genesis I have only seen on paper but could be a likely type too with Oisin Murphy up.

In saying all that I fall back to Hurricane Lane. Has bags and bags of stamina and doesn't lack a turn of foot either. So that is my play at 5/1.
PP pay 5 places. I see very little chance he's not there in the frame at the very least.

Elsewhere on the card

Duhail 10/1 in the 5:00 ew.
C&D and ground all a positive. I fancy this for a place minimum.
Romantic Proposal 16/1 in the 4.25 ew.
This horse is so similar in path to sole power its not even funny. Progressed so nicely. Will be contesting top class sprints for the next two years I'm sure.
Ancient Rome 4/1 in the 1.50.
Just the type of horse the so called master trainer keeps for this kind of card. Won't be far away.

I'll do a ew lucky 15 on these 4. Maybe a little extra single on hurricane Lane.

This card is always a fav of mine.

Happy memories of sea the stars providing John Oxx with legendary status.
The unreal mare Goldikova, probably one of only a handful of French horses that travelled well to win elsewhere too ie.breeders Cup/ascot.
Hurricane Run fits in this category too. I was at the curragh the day he won the Irish Derby. He really did look special.
Randomly too I also remember a horse called The Tatling of Milton Bradley's winning the l'abbaye sprint at a silly price. I had a pint or two on him that day. That horse carried on running well into his teens. Usually around around all weather tracks in low grade sprints but his connections always said the horse loved racing so much. Why deprive him. Great touch from them.

Good memories.

Anyway that's enough waffle. Good luck all having a bet and enjoy it.

Tipperary Race 4 Not so Simple bet without the favourite or to win outright.

Killarney race 2 Roisins Ciara bet without the favourite or to win outright.

Uttoxeter race 3 Sideshift bet without favourite or EW

All races today

It is nice to have a day without any of my bets littered with non runners! I'm looking forward to today's racing,especially in France. I've taken no big surprises in my bets.

Good luck everyone who is having a punt.

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

9. Accakaba
10/3
3rd Oct PARISLONGCHAMP 13:50 EVENT 0m 6f 211y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
11. Hurricane Lane
3/1
3rd Oct PARISLONGCHAMP 15:05 EVENT 1m 3f 204y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
9. Palmas
15/2
3rd Oct PARISLONGCHAMP 15:50 EVENT 1m 1f 207y - Each Way
11. Sagamiyra
5/1
3rd Oct PARISLONGCHAMP 17:00 EVENT 0m 6f 211y - Each Way
9. Dantes
7/2
3rd Oct PARISLONGCHAMP 18:00 HANDICAP 0m 6f 211y - Each Way
Best odds

With so much racing today I've had to ration my betting. And tomorrows cards at Goodwood and the Curragh look great too. Here is my bet in the big field races today.
Good luck if your having a bet :)

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

4. Nomadic Empire
16/1
9th Oct YORK 15:15 HANDICAP 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
1. Proschema
5/1
9th Oct CHEPSTOW 15:30 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 3f 100y - Each Way
29. Goobinator
18/1
9th Oct NEWMARKET 15:35 HANDICAP 2m 2f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 7 Places
19. Tilsitt
16/1
9th Oct YORK 17:00 HANDICAP 1m 2f 56y - Each Way
Best odds

Emmet Mullins beings Blackstair Rocco over to Chepstow today in the 3.30.
At 10/1 PP and Ladrbokes pay 5 places. I feel he is a great bet. Loves cut in the ground a big filed handicap is in him.

I have the left the big one at Newmarket alone. MC Muldoon is a little too short now but that would have been my play.

Good luck all having a go.

I don't often bet on US racing outside the breeders Cup but there's some cert nice racing there tonight. Aiden O Brien and Charlie Appelby(amongst others)having sent a few over.

Japan goes at Belmont 20.47. He's currently 2/1.
I doubled him with Athiqa at keenland 21.44 at 7/4.

Japan has great form over in the US. Narrowly losing last time when chopped off in running.
Athiqa has Spencer riding for Appleby. Looks the classiest horse in the field.

The double for anyone who fancies it pays about 8/1.

If you're feeling brave you could include Order of Australia at Keenland 22.46 at 7/4.

The treble pays 22/1 ish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back