Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Laura Pearson has been taking things easy lately but she had one ride only today and romped up. I though about backing it this morning but it was the rank outsider at the time. I think that she is a great prospect. Articulate too

All to play for doing to the last race. Nobody picked first or second.
One Selection on Stattler 7/2and two picks for streets of doyen 10/1.

These five people all have points. Narrow lead for Davey.
Davey86 3.2
Slottery 3.0
Gaz237 3.0
Paul7388 2.6
Escjamie 1.7

Now to enjoy the gold cup.
I've backed Champ each way again :rolleyes:

More importantly what a week for DeBromhead!
And for Blackmore and ladies in racing. Other than Jenny Pitman the only other female trainer of note was Gay Kellaway back in the day.
I often used to see her when I worked at Lingfield. She trained not far from Lingfield back in the early 90's and had a big fall out with the old wigs at the track to the point that she refused to send her nags there. Eventually she moved stables.
I think it is great to see female type things being treat on a more equal footing in racing these days.

Incredibly after 3 races of 12 people picking a total of 365 selections. Nobody had a winner!

Congratulations @Gaz237 your two placed horses netted you 4.67 points and the win. PM to follow.

Unlucky Paul 7388 second with 4.05.
Looking at the finishing prices of most of the placed horses I can see why nobody picked a winner. After the first days racing I guess the bookies where fearing the worst but I bet they are smiling now. Over all this week has been a cheap day out for me :)

@colinsunderland -Believe it or not you just gave me the last winner, a fiver ew on Porlock Bay. I wouldnt have backed it but I remembered way back in this thread you said it was being aimed at this race, thats stuck with me as you know what you are talking about ( most of the time :) ) so I thought id give it a go.
Makes up for the poor race Champ ran.

3.35U Midlands National - Ramses De Teillee 33/1 5 places (28/1 7 places with Skybet but not BOG).
Same race, Captain Drake for Harry Fry is currently 12/1, and Acting Lass is 100/1. Presumably Sean could have chosen which one to ride, so seems strange to think he chose the 100/1 outsider of the field if he didn't think it might have a chance. Obviously only small stakes on that one.

4.55N Monbeg Aquadude, another small EW bet on this, just based on it running well for most the race last time out. Maybe coming back to form a little and is in a first time tongue tie. 16/1.

2.25U Another of Sean's, but think this is a good EW bet to nothing. Currently 11/2, he was beaten last time at a short price, and you have to forgive that run, but his previous form is as good as any in the race. First time tongue tie should revitalise him, and will be surprised if he finishes out the places.

3.00U Winningseverything. Just putting this in to make up the EW Lucky 15 as struggled to pick a fourth horse. He's won both his hurdles to date but this is quite a step up in class. Didn't really want to back another of Sean's but was stuck for anything else to put in. Bit of money for it, currently 10/1

Good luck today all

There is some decent racing again today but it is a comedown after the past four days :( My banker of the day is Heptathlete in the 730 at Wolves @4/1

These are my main bets for today. Good luck

EW lucky 15
Sat 14:35

12 - Kauto D'Amour @ 9/1
14.35 Newcastle - Paying 4 Places instead of 3
Distance2m 4f 62y
EW Terms1/5 for the first 4 places
Sat 14:40
2 - Nightboattoclyro @ 3/1
14.40 Kempton
Sat 15:20
6 - The Tin Miner @ 6/1
15.20 Fontwell
Sat 15:45
4 - Blakerigg @ 4/1
15.45 Newcastle
Sat 16:55
5 - Furius De Ciergues @ 5/2

and

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

5. Rambling Rose
9/1
20th Mar THURLES 14:15 2M 1/2F HURDLE 2m 101yds - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
3. Blast Of Koeman
14/1
20th Mar THURLES 14:50 3M HURDLE 2m 7f 198yds - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
19. Mister Butler
5/1
20th Mar THURLES 15:25 3M HCAP HURDLE 2m 7f 198yds - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
2. Castlegrange
5/1
20th Mar THURLES 16:35 2M 4 1/2F HCAP CHASE 2m 4f 121yds - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
Best odds

Last edited:
Decent racing for sure but ya I've done only one ew lucky 15 so far. Screenshot_20210320-105841_Chrome.jpgfancy them all to be involved at the very least.

May do another bet later depending on how much racing I watch.
Have two small football bets on also and this mug acca that pays 17/1

Screenshot_20210320-110856_Chrome.jpg

Gl all having a punt.

3.35U Midlands National - Ramses De Teillee 33/1 5 places (28/1 7 places with Skybet but not BOG).
Same race, Captain Drake for Harry Fry is currently 12/1, and Acting Lass is 100/1. Presumably Sean could have chosen which one to ride, so seems strange to think he chose the 100/1 outsider of the field if he didn't think it might have a chance. Obviously only small stakes on that one.

4.55N Monbeg Aquadude, another small EW bet on this, just based on it running well for most the race last time out. Maybe coming back to form a little and is in a first time tongue tie. 16/1.

2.25U Another of Sean's, but think this is a good EW bet to nothing. Currently 11/2, he was beaten last time at a short price, and you have to forgive that run, but his previous form is as good as any in the race. First time tongue tie should revitalise him, and will be surprised if he finishes out the places.

3.00U Winningseverything. Just putting this in to make up the EW Lucky 15 as struggled to pick a fourth horse. He's won both his hurdles to date but this is quite a step up in class. Didn't really want to back another of Sean's but was stuck for anything else to put in. Bit of money for it, currently 10/1

Good luck today all
I've just checked out Ramses De Teillee and he does seem to prefer softer ground. I've taken Truckin Away who seems to like it soft and has been in good form
Good luck :)

@geordiecolin was your first bet a lucky 31? unlucky on missing out on one for the places
@Kenji85 think you had one unplaced too didn't you :(
Ya all 3 placed were second but it returned double the investment so cant complain.

I also spotted @geordiecolin first bet going well. Great picking. Super unlucky with blast of koeman at a massive price. Was staying on like a train.

My cross sport acca was let down by one golfer but PP gave me a free bet to soften the blow a little.
The curragh returns today which is always a fun watch.

I've done a couple of first goalscorers so far and a small lucky 15.
Screenshot_20210321-105924_Chrome.jpg

I wouldn't put anyone off backing West Ham at 5/2 home to arsenal either. Arsenal played Thursday and West ham didn't midweek on top of that they are playing really well.

Ya all 3 placed were second but it returned double the investment so cant complain.

I also spotted @geordiecolin first bet going well. Great picking. Super unlucky with blast of koeman at a massive price. Was staying on like a train.
We had both picked The Tin Minor and it just got chinned on the line otherwise it would have been a much better return.

Some nice ew racing in old Hibernia today. Good luck if your having a bet :thumbsup:

EW Lucky 31

4 - Big Gossey @ 9/2
14.00 Curragh: Money Back As Cash If Your Horse Finishes 2nd or 3rd (T's & C's Apply)
Sun 15:05
9 - Shackleton Hero @ 17/2
15.05 Curragh
Sun 16:10
10 - Casanova @ 11/1
16.10 Curragh: Irish Lincolnshire - Paying 7 Places instead of 4
Sun 16:40
16 - Ballycaines @ 13/2
16.40 Curragh - Paying 6 Places instead of 4
Sun 17:10
17 - Falsaron @ 9/1
17.10 Curragh - Paying 6 Places instead of 4