Horse Racing & Tips Thread

It may not be mathematically correct as such to take the offer. Although it was not far off right imo.

It kind of goes out the window a little as that is a life changing some for most. (For me anyway it's a hell of a win).
So that has to come into the equation. Theres having balls and then there's being practical.

The fact he can still earn 72k more if Envoi wins is making it definitely the right decision to cash out imo.
Yeah I would have taken that being honest. As has been mentioned, its a house. In fact up here I could buy 2 decent three bed houses with gardens for that money, and still have change for a new car.

Lay it for 350k
If it wins he gets 343k
If it loses he gets 350k minus his betfair commission. Say 2% so he would win 343k
343k winnings whatever happens. Only needs to have £168k to lay which probably wouldn't be that hard to borrow for this purpose with little interest.
Betting those amounts he's probably on the premium charge, which is a lot more than 2% unfortunately, and why I stopped playing there.

Not a day for betting for me, but I won £14 from the ladbrokes free bet yesterday (Sky Pirate) that I forgot about :) so using that to do the EW lucky 15 below

2.30C Samcro
3.05C Flooring Porter
3.40C Fils D'oudairies
4.50C Storm Control

£5 PP free bet

1.20 Shan Blue
1.55 Milliner
2.30 Samcro

2.50 EW Treble

Good luck today

Ever put a bet on and then looked at it later and went what made me pick that horse.

Got an each way double on Chantry House and The Storyteller.

But as I fancy Paisley Park again and backed it earlier as a single don't have a clue why I picked The Storyteller earlier in an e/w double.

Last edited:
My Lucky 15 for today:

Samcro 2.30
The Shunter 3.40
Roseys Hollow 4.15
Hold the Note 4.50.

Will do a few ew horses today on Sky with their extra places. I really think that If The Cap Fits is way overpriced @ 28/1 in the stayers, and I like Ask Dillon @ 28/1 to get into the places in the pertemps.
Happy Diva always seems to go well at Cheltenham, so I think she is worth an ew bet today, and I heard some whispers last week about Happy Daze in the Mares Hurdle, she could go well @ around 20/1.

Good luck to all today, lets hope its another great days racing.
I totally agree with you.
Good luck to us.

***CompetitionTime***

Select 3 horse for Friday 19th at Cheltenham.
Pick one from 1.55 Race
Pick one from 2.30 Race
Pick one from 3.05 Race

Each selection is valued at one point each way and I will use the Paddy Power website to determine final placing and prices.
All welcome provided you regged up on this site before today and don't condone pineapple on pizza.

Please post your selections before 1.50 tomorrow and it may take me until Saturday to sort the winner out.

Who ever wins gets £/€/$30 and I'll buy you a pint at next years Cheltenham festival.

Just noticed its 16-4 in the head to head Irish trained winners v British trained winners.

If the pubs and bookies were open, then this week would have provided pub landlords with their losses from the last year back for example the street next to me has 6 pubs and 2 bookies. I can imagine the carnage after 16 winners in 3 days :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back