9/2
19th Mar CHELTENHAM 15:40 HUNTERS CHASE 3m 2f 70y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
25. Folcano
10/1
19th Mar CHELTENHAM 16:50 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 56y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
Best odds

Good morning guys, the last day already!

Race 1 (1.20)
3 Good horses head the market in a 7 runner field.
I got some 4/1 Quixilios last night, is 5/2 now for the dream team Blackmore/deBromhead
probably still the value play among the 3. In saying that Zanahiyr has done nothing wrong and will take some beating.

Race 2 (1.55)
I liked the look of Captain Kangaroo each way 7places at 33/1 yesterday now he is 14/1!! Still a great bet for a place at least imo as this is his first crack at decent ground and doesn't have oodles to find.
At a massive price Le Patriote can outrun his 50/1 odds if on a going day.Patchy form but that is the risk you take backing a 50/1 shot I guess.

Race 3 (2.30)
Streets of Doyen had the form franked yesterday when Flooring Porter won the feature race comfortably.
Into 13/2 now but may still be value play 4 places.
I do like Barbados Bucks 8/1 ew. The exact same connections as the great Bick Bucks and is following similar levels of improvement with each run.

Race 4 (3.05)
Gold Cup and I have Al Boum Photo in a few multiples so wont back again but he is a worthy fav looking to win this for a third time.
People maintain he won bad renewals but he won them and has been kept lightly raced with this in mind.
I think Champ has to have a massive chance. I am treating as a shot to nothing at 5/1 each way 4 places.
The last run can be ignored it was a tune up over a mile shorter distance. I just think the horses profile and previous course form add up to serious challenger.
The deBromhead horses both keep coming in for money A plus Tard is probably a little on the short side now.
I know frodon won the King George well but I cannot see him getting it his own way to dictate the way he likes.

Race 5 (3.40)
I don't like this race as realistically Billaway should be the play on all known form but I cannot stop myself betting Staker Wallace, Bolger has not sent many horses this year and even on their form line he doesn't have much to find with the fav but is over double the price at 7/1.

Race 6(4.15)
Elimay is a worthy fav, but not so much so that it should be odds on and Colreevy be 4/1, similar to Champ in the Gold Cup this is an each way shot tot nothing imo.

Race 7 (4.50)
Last race and I hope I do not need a big priced one to get me out for the day lol.
Folcano is 10/1 needs a little improvement but not much and the better ground and his decent hcap mark will help.

So I did in a lucky 15 and ew acca.
R1 Quixilios
R3 Streets of Doyen
R4 Champ
R6 Colreevy
Acca pays 766/1 if they all win by some miracle.

A speculative Patent/ew treble
R2 Captain Kangaroo
R5 Staker Wallace
R7 Folcano
This treble pays over 1320/1

I've backed Le Patriote 50/1 and Barbados Bucks 8/1 on their own in each way singles, but its likely as the day goes on I will do a few more if I remain uninterrupted and see the racing all day!

All in all I have had a very fun week.
Hit the crossbar with horses placed at 28/1,14/1,33/1 and several others at single figure each way prices.
Of the multiples I have done 7 of 12 returned a profit, so happy with that.
Waiting on Al Boum Photo to click for two trebles and a small double.Not for major money but for a nice few quid.
Can't forget we had an 80/1 winner on day one and Geordiecolin's comp which that same selection came in handy for lol.

GL all having a punt.

***CompetitionTime***

Select 3 horse for Friday 19th at Cheltenham.
Pick one from 1.55 Race
Pick one from 2.30 Race
Pick one from 3.05 Race

Each selection is valued at one point each way and I will use the Paddy Power website to determine final placing and prices.
All welcome provided you regged up on this site before today and don't condone pineapple on pizza.

Please post your selections before 1.50 tomorrow and it may take me until Saturday to sort the winner out.

Who ever wins gets £/€/$30 and I'll buy you a pint at next years Cheltenham festival.
10 entries so far and interestingly enough Champagne Gold is in four combos and so is A plus Tard
Both trained by De Bromhead both by Rachael Blackmore!

As I suggested the money seems to be on Blackmores rides and if she wins the first it will only increase. I will be chearing her on even when it means my horse loses.
I've added to my main bet with a few long shots.

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

3. Cayd Boy
20/1
19th Mar CHELTENHAM 13:55 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 0f 179y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 7 Places
1. Adrimel
14/1
19th Mar CHELTENHAM 14:30 NOVICES' HURDLE 2m 7f 213y - Each Way
14:30 Today
4. Hazel Hill
22/1
19th Mar CHELTENHAM 15:40 HUNTERS CHASE 3m 2f 70y - Each Way
11. Gentleman De Mee
11/4
19th Mar CHELTENHAM 16:50 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 56y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
Best odds

Good luck all

My main bet today is on Bob & Co in the 3.40.
I've done bets on him using lengthen the odds on Billy Hills
to win by
over 5 lengths 15/1
over 8 lengths 22/1
over 10 lengths 28/1
over 20 lengths 125/1 (yeah I know thats unlikely, but would be pissed if it does and I didn't back it haha)

I think he will either win by quite a large margin or get beat so didn't see any point in just going for the win. /cue he wins by 4 lengths/

My main bet today is on Bob & Co in the 3.40.
I've done bets on him using lengthen the odds on Billy Hills
to win by
over 5 lengths 15/1
over 8 lengths 22/1
over 10 lengths 28/1
over 20 lengths 125/1 (yeah I know thats unlikely, but would be pissed if it does and I didn't back it haha)

I think he will either win by quite a large margin or get beat so didn't see any point in just going for the win. /cue he wins by 4 lengths/

Good Luck Colin with the bet.

I rarely do bets on winning distances anymore. Nothing worse than seeing your horse jump the last 10 lengths in front going further ahead to ease up near the line as race is won and eventually win by just a few lengths.

Good Luck Colin with the bet.

I rarely do bets on winning distances anymore. Nothing worse than seeing your horse jump the last 10 lengths in front going further ahead to ease up near the line as race is won and eventually win by just a few lengths.
I rarely do them either, but I think at the festival, it's very rare you see a horse eased down, theres too many who can come from behind in the last furlong and just can't see it happening. Hunter chases are regularly won by large margins too, and Bob has won 2 of his last 3 races by 17l and 107l, showing he doesn't just do whats needed to win. This is, of course, a big step up in grade for him.

Heres my Luky 15's today.

Tritonic 1.20 - my head tells me qulixious wins but Tritonic is far too big a price now at 7-2.
Torygraph 2.30
Staker Wallace 3.40
Elinay 4.15

I backed Champ again @ 6-1 ew in the Gold Cup, just dont see him out of the first 3 with a clear round.
I like Martinhal in the last, but i have also backed Fire Attack ew in it - Oakley Brown riding for JP O'Brein stands out for me.
3 against the field in the County Hurdle - Saint D'oroux , Drop the Anchor and Captain Kangaroo, all decent prices and with skybet paying 8 places theres a bit of value there.

I will pick an ew lucky 15 later as Skybet have so many races with extra places, but thats my main bets today.

Good luck to all having a go today and after 3 great days of racing lets hope today is just as good.

Good morning guys, the last day already!

Race 1 (1.20)
3 Good horses head the market in a 7 runner field.
I got some 4/1 Quixilios last night, is 5/2 now for the dream team Blackmore/deBromhead
probably still the value play among the 3. In saying that Zanahiyr has done nothing wrong and will take some beating.

Race 2 (1.55)
I liked the look of Captain Kangaroo each way 7places at 33/1 yesterday now he is 14/1!! Still a great bet for a place at least imo as this is his first crack at decent ground and doesn't have oodles to find.
At a massive price Le Patriote can outrun his 50/1 odds if on a going day.Patchy form but that is the risk you take backing a 50/1 shot I guess.

Race 3 (2.30)
Streets of Doyen had the form franked yesterday when Flooring Porter won the feature race comfortably.
Into 13/2 now but may still be value play 4 places.
I do like Barbados Bucks 8/1 ew. The exact same connections as the great Bick Bucks and is following similar levels of improvement with each run.

Race 4 (3.05)
Gold Cup and I have Al Boum Photo in a few multiples so wont back again but he is a worthy fav looking to win this for a third time.
People maintain he won bad renewals but he won them and has been kept lightly raced with this in mind.
I think Champ has to have a massive chance. I am treating as a shot to nothing at 5/1 each way 4 places.
The last run can be ignored it was a tune up over a mile shorter distance. I just think the horses profile and previous course form add up to serious challenger.
The deBromhead horses both keep coming in for money A plus Tard is probably a little on the short side now.
I know frodon won the King George well but I cannot see him getting it his own way to dictate the way he likes.

Race 5 (3.40)
I don't like this race as realistically Billaway should be the play on all known form but I cannot stop myself betting Staker Wallace, Bolger has not sent many horses this year and even on their form line he doesn't have much to find with the fav but is over double the price at 7/1.

Race 6(4.15)
Elimay is a worthy fav, but not so much so that it should be odds on and Colreevy be 4/1, similar to Champ in the Gold Cup this is an each way shot tot nothing imo.

Race 7 (4.50)
Last race and I hope I do not need a big priced one to get me out for the day lol.
Folcano is 10/1 needs a little improvement but not much and the better ground and his decent hcap mark will help.

So I did in a lucky 15 and ew acca.
R1 Quixilios
R3 Streets of Doyen
R4 Champ
R6 Colreevy
Acca pays 766/1 if they all win by some miracle.

A speculative Patent/ew treble
R2 Captain Kangaroo
R5 Staker Wallace
R7 Folcano
This treble pays over 1320/1

I've backed Le Patriote 50/1 and Barbados Bucks 8/1 on their own in each way singles, but its likely as the day goes on I will do a few more if I remain uninterrupted and see the racing all day!

All in all I have had a very fun week.
Hit the crossbar with horses placed at 28/1,14/1,33/1 and several others at single figure each way prices.
Of the multiples I have done 7 of 12 returned a profit, so happy with that.
Waiting on Al Boum Photo to click for two trebles and a small double.Not for major money but for a nice few quid.
Can't forget we had an 80/1 winner on day one and Geordiecolin's comp which that same selection came in handy for lol.

GL all having a punt.
As I expected they are lumping on anything that Blackmore is riding. I think that even her long shots have halved in price since yesterday afternoon

She is riding out of her skin. It wasnt exactly a secret how talented she is but the press coverage this festival gets can let the general public see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back