Horse Racing & Tips Thread

162567135_2781971388731962_5587021931052143142_n.jpg

And thats why bookies offer cashouts!

Not my bet BTW, no way would I have taken that value
Thats sick. Saved themselves 29 grand, but you need to be prepared to take the kick in the balls if you cash out. They should have done a £50 ew double on the last 2 and at least they would have had a decent return with a profit gauranteed from the cashout.

I've a feeling that at least a few of these will be at smaller prices tomorrow so I have got in early. I may do another lucky 31 tomorrow given the size of the fields

PS. My lucky 15 this evening is doing well but I can't see my last winning at 14-1

Lucky 63 (x126)

Milliner
Win or Each Way / 13:55 Cheltenham
Each Way Odds 1/5 Places 1-2-3-4-5
Imperial Aura
Win or Each Way / 14:30 Cheltenham
Each Way Odds 1/5 Places 1-2-3-4
The Storyteller
Win or Each Way / 15:05 Cheltenham
Caribean Boy
Win or Each Way / 15:40 Cheltenham
Roseys Hollow
Win or Each Way / 16:15 Cheltenham
Shantou Flyer
Win or Each Way / 16:50 Cheltenham

I've a feeling that at least a few of these will be at smaller prices tomorrow so I have got in early. I may do another lucky 31 tomorrow given the size of the fields

PS. My lucky 15 this evening is doing well but I can't see my last winning at 14-1

Lucky 63 (x126)

Milliner
Win or Each Way / 13:55 Cheltenham
Imperial Aura
Win or Each Way / 14:30 Cheltenham
The Storyteller
Win or Each Way / 15:05 Cheltenham
Caribean Boy
Win or Each Way / 15:40 Cheltenham
Roseys Hollow
Win or Each Way / 16:15 Cheltenham
Shantou Flyer
Win or Each Way / 16:50 Cheltenham
I think Milliner has a really good chance and the more I look at it, the more I think it's been plotted up for this. Certainly glad I put my fiver each way on when I posted as it's into 8/1 from 16's when I posted!

Good luck on the last Col

I think Milliner has a really good chance and the more I look at it, the more I think it's been plotted up for this. Certainly glad I put my fiver each way on when I posted as it's into 8/1 from 16's when I posted!

Good luck on the last Col
Without looking I thought you had your eye on the other miliner nag Col?

Edit. My mistake. The other nag is called Mrs Milner

Well done with the 2nd there, thought it was going to get up about a furlong out.
Bloody Hollie Doyle. Who allowed female jockeys :(
I nearly pushed my tv out of the window trying to help it across the line

That is where the cash out button can come in handy during the race because the cash out was very nice at one point

I did back the Skelton horse in the last each way. Finished quite well.

Kilcruit just doesn't like hills for me.... unlucky @cncas2123
Sir Gerhard stole it early in that race having said that. Great ride and nice type for chevely park third year in a row. Well picked @colinsunderland
Unlucky with the last @geordiecolin. The place in the last would have made a nice return for you I think.
@Flyingslotsman. The place part of that acca came in for you right??
Sorry, switched off after that last jump for chacun, took it so badly I thought, I had a cash out at about £30, so that left me £5 down for today. Gutted my treble never came in, I may have one more go tomorrow, but I'll see after looking at some cards tomorrow on my return trip home, I'm not too far from Cheltenham just now. Currently in Bristol

Probably NAP of the day, so yeah I'd say so. It has fences to jump so anything can happen but it's a great jumper. £275k is a lot of money from £5, technically if it loses he's only £5 down
I wouldnt risk 275k to win another 235k even if Envoi had a 95% chance of winning.
Like you say, technically he would only be £5 down, but i bet it would feel alot more like losing 275k. :p

I wouldnt risk 275k to win another 235k even if Envoi had a 95% chance of winning.
Like you say, technically he would only be £5 down, but i bet it would feel alot more like losing 275k. :p
Yeah I couldn't live with myself, that's a house. Not a barbie one either! Cash out and stick £5k of it on 9p spins on doa2 and still not hit a wildline, would be more fun though

Morning guys,

Todays racing is the first day with bigger fields for the each way punter.
Good luck to that punter waiting on Envoi Allen for over half a million.

Race 1 (1.20)
This is on all known form Envoi Allen's race to lose, very short but very fair imo price.

If you must have a bet a fella could do worse than Shan Blue each way at 10/1 or 11/4 betting without the fav.
Skelton will have him out in front I think and play catch me if you can.

Race 2 (1.55)
Colin already flagged up Milliner at 16/1 into 8's now and I still think its worth a poke each way!
Strom arising at 20/1 is a horse I've tipped up before here and I expect it to outrun those odds again with 6 places, the horse needs cover to get involved late but it could set up that way for it, I hope.

Race 3 (2.30)
Melon 11/2 has a love/hate relationship with the festival four times he's been second here I do believe he has the beating of Samcro, who too often flatters to deceive.

Min at 9/2 I have a soft spot for this horse, won this last year and while concerning he pulled up last time, its not unlike him to bounce back from a bad run. One for an each way treble/patent maybe.

Race 4 (3.05)
As good as Paisley Park is the horse tends not to like big fields
With PP paying 5 places I think there is huge value elsewhere but the one I landed on is The Storyteller, excuses last time but just never ever seems to run a bad race and it may be his turn to win at 15/2.

Race 5 (3.40)

The Shunter is very short for such a size field but probably has shown the most form. Good luck to connections for the £100k bonus if it wins.
I went with Assemble at 16/1 (6 places) here, just need the horse to stay upright. Very impressive win prior to falling twice. I put it down to small fields and hope the big cluster will help with concentration.

Race 6 (4.15)

Royal Kahala 11/2 is 9lb better off with the JF Roseys Hollow this time round and can reverse that form imo.
I think Tellmesomethinggirl 6/1 has more to give also. The form team of HdB and Blackmore team up and the mare is improving all the time.

Race 7 (4.50)

Go Another One 25/1 has not run in 5 months.
This is important because the horse goes so well fresh. Won well twice when back from a break last time in August.
McConnell also doesn't send many here without a very strong chance.(Unlucky to run into Tiger Roll on form in Xcountry race with his other horse Some Neck)
Shantou flyer 9/1 is just a horse who may never win her similar to Melon, but always feels to be there or close by, placed 3 times at the festival previous.

So 3 combo bets in the end

EW Lucky 15 and acca
1.55 Milliner
2.30 Min
3.05 The Storyteller
4.15 Royal Kahala
the acca pays 2895/1 lol.

EW Patent and Treble
1.20 Shan Blue
4.15 Tellmesomethinggirl
4.50 Shantou Flyer
the treble pays 714/1 lol

EW Lucky 15 and acca
1.55 Storm Arising
2.30 Melon
3.40 Assemble
4.50 Go Another One
the acca pays 57500/1 :lolup:

GL All having a punt.

Don't forget your free fiver on PP AND one quid from the ever generous Ladbrokes.

Morning guys,

Todays racing is the first day with bigger fields for the each way punter.
Good luck to that punter waiting on Envoi Allen for over half a million.

Race 1 (1.20)
This is on all known form Envoi Allen's race to lose, very short but very fair imo price.

If you must have a bet a fella could do worse than Shan Blue each way at 10/1 or 11/4 betting without the fav.
Skelton will have him out in front I think and play catch me if you can.

Race 2 (1.55)
Colin already flagged up Milliner at 16/1 into 8's now and I still think its worth a poke each way!
Strom arising at 20/1 is a horse I've tipped up before here and I expect it to outrun those odds again with 6 places, the horse needs cover to get involved late but it could set up that way for it, I hope.

Race 3 (2.30)
Melon 11/2 has a love/hate relationship with the festival four times he's been second here I do believe he has the beating of Samcro, who too often flatters to deceive.

Min at 9/2 I have a soft spot for this horse, won this last year and while concerning he pulled up last time, its not unlike him to bounce back from a bad run. One for an each way treble/patent maybe.

Race 4 (3.05)
As good as Paisley Park is the horse tends not to like big fields
With PP paying 5 places I think there is huge value elsewhere but the one I landed on is The Storyteller, excuses last time but just never ever seems to run a bad race and it may be his turn to win at 15/2.

Race 5 (3.40)

The Shunter is very short for such a size field but probably has shown the most form. Good luck to connections for the £100k bonus if it wins.
I went with Assemble at 16/1 (6 places) here, just need the horse to stay upright. Very impressive win prior to falling twice. I put it down to small fields and hope the big cluster will help with concentration.

Race 6 (4.15)

Royal Kahala 11/2 is 9lb better off with the JF Roseys Hollow this time round and can reverse that form imo.
I think Tellmesomethinggirl 6/1 has more to give also. The form team of HdB and Blackmore team up and the mare is improving all the time.

Race 7 (4.50)

Go Another One 25/1 has not run in 5 months.
This is important because the horse goes so well fresh. Won well twice when back from a break last time in August.
McConnell also doesn't send many here without a very strong chance.(Unlucky to run into Tiger Roll on form in Xcountry race with his other horse Some Neck)
Shantou flyer 9/1 is just a horse who may never win her similar to Melon, but always feels to be there or close by, placed 3 times at the festival previous.

So 3 combo bets in the end

EW Lucky 15 and acca
1.55 Milliner
2.30 Min
3.05 The Storyteller
4.15 Royal Kahala
the acca pays 2895/1 lol.

EW Patent and Treble
1.20 Shan Blue
4.15 Tellmesomethinggirl
4.50 Shantou Flyer
the treble pays 714/1 lol

EW Lucky 15 and acca
1.55 Storm Arising
2.30 Melon
3.40 Assemble
4.50 Go Another One
the acca pays 57500/1 :lolup:

GL All having a punt.

Don't forget your free fiver on PP AND one quid from the ever generous Ladbrokes.
I quite fancied Min too but I would not trust my money on a horse that pulled up last time either.
As well as the bet I put on last night I have took advantage of the bigger fields and places with this. Good luck all those having a punt :)
LUCKY 15
(EACH WAY)
Brinkley
16/1
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3,4,5
13:55 Cheltenham
Mister Fisher
15/2
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3,4
14:30 Cheltenham
Lisnagar Oscar
9/1
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3,4
15:05 Cheltenham
Mount Ida
11/2
Win or Each Way, 1/5 odds - places 1,2,3,4,5
16:50 Cheltenham

Best Odds Guaranteed

My Lucky 15 for today:

Samcro 2.30
The Shunter 3.40
Roseys Hollow 4.15
Hold the Note 4.50.

Will do a few ew horses today on Sky with their extra places. I really think that If The Cap Fits is way overpriced @ 28/1 in the stayers, and I like Ask Dillon @ 28/1 to get into the places in the pertemps.
Happy Diva always seems to go well at Cheltenham, so I think she is worth an ew bet today, and I heard some whispers last week about Happy Daze in the Mares Hurdle, she could go well @ around 20/1.

Good luck to all today, lets hope its another great days racing.

1355 keeper hill but also like Bryonys horse Storm Arising

1430 I like either if the cap fits or Sam Spinner theres a few nice ones with high prices worth an EW here

1540 Champagne court or dead right EW i reckon

1615 I like both martinello sky(especially if Bryony wins here earlier race) and allavina

1650 Beau Bay EW

It may not be mathematically correct as such to take the offer. Although it was not far off right imo.

It kind of goes out the window a little as that is a life changing some for most. (For me anyway it's a hell of a win).
So that has to come into the equation. Theres having balls and then there's being practical.

The fact he can still earn 72k more if Envoi wins is making it definitely the right decision to cash out imo.

It may not be mathematically correct as such to take the offer. Although it was not far off right imo.

It kind of goes out the window a little as that is a life changing some for most. (For me anyway it's a hell of a win).
So that has to come into the equation. Theres having balls and then there's being practical.

The fact he can still earn 72k more if Envoi wins is making it definitely the right decision to cash out imo.
As it stands he's on £92,950 and being offered the £250k is actually betfairs maximum payout, they don't need to offer the £300k so fair play to them, nice bit of advertising. Glad to see the win, I did notice his account balance is 20k so he must be a good gambler

As it stands he's on £92,950 and being offered the £250k is actually betfairs maximum payout, they don't need to offer the £300k so fair play to them, nice bit of advertising. Glad to see the win, I did notice his account balance is 20k so he must be a good gambler
Either a good punter or scraping every few quid spare together that he has so he can lay Envoi off(before he took the offer I mean)

Either way yup. Jaysus that is some good picking

Lay it for 350k
If it wins he gets 343k
If it loses he gets 350k minus his betfair commission. Say 2% so he would win 343k
343k winnings whatever happens. Only needs to have £168k to lay which probably wouldn't be that hard to borrow for this purpose with little interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back