Hilarious but tragic!

chayton

aka LooHoo
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
I just found the funniest thing online. This website called ReadWriteWeb.com wrote an article about Facebook partnering with AOL to let users use Facebook to log into AOL's intant messaging - or vice versa - whatever, the original story isn't important.

What's important is that this article showed up #5 in a Google search for "Facebook Login" and a ton of people who have facebook accounts (but obviously no idea what a url or a bookmark is) showed up at RWW after googling 'facebook login' and thought they were in Facebook and started getting all riled up because they didn't like the new facebook and can't log in!

The article and the first comments were posted Feb 10th - and believe it or not, now like SEVEN months later - people are still going there and doing it. Even after RWW put a big paragraph saying "THIS ISN'T FACEBOOK, IF YOU WANT FACEBOOK GO HERE"

Anyhow...it's old news but I just found it and I wanted to share in case anyone else hasn't seen it either. You can skip the story, it's the comments that are the real story here. The future of the world. God help us.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

This is such a mess I can't do a thing on my facebook .The changes you have made are ridiculous,I can't even login!!!!!I am very upset!!!

:lolup:

I guess some people are very serious about their Facebook...LMAO

OMG...was trying to think of a nice way to say it, but I can't. Are there really that many stupid people in the world? Or are they all just on the internet? FFS...funny yes, but really really sad as well.

Reading and comprehension....lost arts. That's the sad part. No one reads anymore, and when they do, they don't comprehend or retain any of it. I'm with you Chayton, sad state of affairs for the future of the human race.

Well to be fair - if you sat my mom down in front of a computer she wouldn't have a clue how to log on to Facebook either. So the older folks who were just confused and being polite I can forgive - well the ones on the first 2 pages of comments before they added the blurb "This ISN'T Facebook." But those people need to be educated - they're all potential phishing victims.

But all the people who were getting all pissy and swearing and stuff even after seeing the instructions - those I'll make fun of. :thumbsup:

One of the commenters noted that one of the funniest things is that people were actually using their facebook login to log in and leave a comment. So their names and photos are there for posterity. Until they close their oh-so-important Facebook account. And I doubt they'll know how to do that either!

RWW also published a followup post:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

So now you're in on what it means when you read a forum or a comment where someone says, "Wheres mah facbeook login at!!1 i hate this my sheepa are gona be hongry!" (typos intentional)

I'm gonna use that the next time anyone says anything stupid. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back