Giving Thanks - the right way to do it and the wrong way

...If you haven't read the forum in a bit, it is easy to find more than five posts to thank. I've chosen carefully and thanked Robwin for suggestion to increase it to 10, even though he said he was kidding...
Okay - making it ten. Behave now, y'hear?

Hello,

There is no good or bad way when you thank someone. Say thanks is a gesture which should be done when required. It may help you with some brownie points:)

Hi all,

Just an admin reminder about giving "Thanks". There is a right way to do it, and a wrong way.

We have this enabled on the board to you can show appreciation to your fellow members when they make good, informative, helpful posts. You "thank" them.
Link Outdated / Removed

This is the right way to do it. Now I know many members use this as an "I Agree" button, well that's fine too. But please bear in mind what you are agreeing with. If the person is making a statement that you agree with, well by all means give him/her a cyber "high-five" with the "Thanks" button.

But if a person is ragging on another member, I would suggest NOT "high fiving" this member because this is "mobbing" and is totally uncool.

Imagine being in a room with the members of the forum. Someone makes a comment directed at you stating "You have no idea what you're talking about. You're a moron - get a life." and people start high-fiving this member - how would you feel?

This is not something you'd do in person; please don't do it in the forum.

In essence, use some discretion when thanking your fellow members.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I could have really used that reputation button in 10th grade. :D

It's not to late, The Meister increased it to ten. You now have the opportunity to feel like a 10th grader again and get the reputation you want!
LOL

i'm sorry I just find it hilarious at how the " Thank You" button has become such a concern.

Oh boy I can't wait to use them.
That & $1.49 will get me a coffee too.:lolup:
Do we get Cookies & Milk & a Nap time with all this.
top-ten.jpg.jpeg

i'm sorry I just find it hilarious at how the " Thank You" button has become such a concern.
I do have to agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back