Official FOOTBALL - Premier League, SPL & UK Nations 2022/23

Gianluca Vialli passes, age 58.

Pretty shocking all things considered, I remember when he was in his pomp at Chelsea, and with the likes of Zola & co, would tear defences apart.

A Juve, Chelsea & Italy legend gone too soon, R.I.P

1673007884313.png

Gianluca Vialli passes, age 58.

Pretty shocking all things considered, I remember when he was in his pomp at Chelsea, and with the likes of Zola & co, would tear defences apart.

A Juve, Chelsea & Italy legend gone too soon, R.I.P

View attachment 178280
Also a legend with Sampdoria, where he was a striking partner with Roberto Mancini.

Quite fitting that they would be reunited in time for their triumph at the Euros at Wembley.

I'll never forget those scenes at the end of the semi-final against Spain. That's how you celebrate.

And I also really enjoyed seeing him do his punditry on MOTD.

Just a wonderful, all-round human being. RIP Luca.

Last night Sky had Jamie Vardy at 40/1 to score 2 vs Newcastle, tonight. Don't see it happening either, not sure he even starts yet, but considering the few other bookies I've checked seem to be around 14/1 to 25/1, figured at 40/1 it's worth a punt. it's now actually 50/1 at sky. Don't blame the messenger!

Chelsea shocking, got savaged by Fulham just earlier, their hated rivals....

Little permed Portugese wunderkid Felix sent off on his Chelsea debut with a studs-up Scud missile aimed at the shins. Welcome to the English game m'lad! you can sit the next three games out!

Didn't think Chelsea would capitulate this badly this season, with Potter's arrival meant to herald the beginning of a new dawn. Just a shame that the American owner doesn't have the first clue about Soccerball, and should have kept Tuchel in charge, who was basically a godsend, their best manager since Mourinho. Duh!

But as for their defence, well. Kepa the flapper proving his £72million fee was around £70million too much, and losing both Rudiger & Christiansen on frees was a calamitous cock-up.

Question now is: will Potter survive? or will he be 'cast' aside?

(he's getting his P45 soon)

Jeeze, I have been unable to type a sentence for the best part of an hour, Liverpool 7 ManUre 0......
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I guess that’s what playing every 3 days since the back end of December culminates in. The game at Anfield came at the wrong time (it’s difficult to play there at any time).

I can console myself that no matter the margin of win, it’s still only 3 points and Liverpool will likely be out of all cup competitions after the second leg of the Real tie. There isn’t a trophy for top 4.

I guess that’s what playing every 3 days since the back end of December culminates in. The game at Anfield came at the wrong time (it’s difficult to play there at any time).

I can console myself that no matter the margin of win, it’s still only 3 points and Liverpool will likely be out of all cup competitions after the second leg of the Real tie. There isn’t a trophy for top 4.
The Charity Shield is not bad for a poor season,not great but not bad. Winning 7-0 against Man U is almost a trophy in itself. That said,after United's half a decade of scattergun transfer policy without much of a road map was always going to hit a few rocky areas along the way. It pays to think of yourselves modestly when winning and learn from defeats when they happen. Not sure this is United's style though given how much the media loves the club.
Ten Hag still has a way to go before chopping off the rest of the deadwood in that squad.

The Charity Shield is not bad for a poor season,not great but not bad. Winning 7-0 against Man U is almost a trophy in itself. That said,after United's half a decade of scattergun transfer policy without much of a road map was always going to hit a few rocky areas along the way. It pays to think of yourselves modestly when winning and learn from defeats when they happen. Not sure this is United's style though given how much the media loves the club.
Ten Hag still has a way to go before chopping off the rest of the deadwood in that squad.
Most United fans have been extremely modest this season. The aim of this season was seen collectively as getting top 4 and perhaps a domestic trophy. The only hint of higher expectations has been through media narrative who repeatedly put us in a title race with City and Arsenal. United fans on pretty much every platform played that nonsense down.

A lot of giddyness today by Liverpool fans. Liverpool are still a team in decline who show glimmers of class every now and again. It wasn't so long ago you were being pummelled by Wolves and humiliated by Real Madrid at Anfield. Those in glass houses should not throw stones.

As for United, I'm hoping we can get back to winning ways against Betis on Thursday and rout Southampton at the weekend...we need it. If we can get one more trophy this season then I don't think many United fans will be bothered by Liverpool's 'we beat United' trophy when all said and done.

Also I'll just add, what position did Klopp finish in with Liverpool in his first season? 7th wasn't it? As a Liverpool fan you should know better than anyone that when you appoint a progressive manager who wants to transform playing style, it takes a couple of seasons and 3 or 4 transfer windows to implement. Ten Hag has done a fine job, despite being slightly naive in his first season when playing big teams away from home.

Last edited:
My God. United fans are really butthurt and entitled aren't they? :laugh:

Fact is, one can dress it up any way they want, but for all the Mickey Mouse Cups Utd have won, or their supposed 'resurgence' with Ten Hag at the wheel, they were trounced by their fiercest rival seven-nil; the kind of bragging rights that'll ring in prawn-munching Utd fans' ears for years to come, and will be talked about for generations!

For all of Utd's supposed improvements this season, it sure felt like stepping back 25 games to the Brentford game, with the team's deficiencies laid bare for all to see. Defence suspect as usual when it mattered, Fernandes sulking like a man-baby, Rashford a passenger.

I'd say if any team looked like they were in the ascendancy of the two it'd be Liverpool, who've been grinding out the ugly wins and are bearing down on that 3rd-place finish. And a Benzema-inspired Madrid aside, who with Rodrygo are toying with teams in Europe, I can see Liverpool consolidating in the league, whilst Utd chase that phantom 'quadruple'!

Ten Hag isn't building anything special, no more so than Chelsea with their 100 players and rolling the dice, unlike Klopp, who actually took a sleeping giant and built a dynasty. There's a difference, you see :cool:

My God. United fans are really butthurt and entitled aren't they? :laugh:

Fact is, one can dress it up any way they want, but for all the Mickey Mouse Cups Utd have won, or their supposed 'resurgence' with Ten Hag at the wheel, they were trounced by their fiercest rival seven-nil; the kind of bragging rights that'll ring in prawn-munching Utd fans' ears for years to come, and will be talked about for generations!

For all of Utd's supposed improvements this season, it sure felt like stepping back 25 games to the Brentford game, with the team's deficiencies laid bare for all to see. Defence suspect as usual when it mattered, Fernandes sulking like a man-baby, Rashford a passenger.

I'd say if any team looked like they were in the ascendancy of the two it'd be Liverpool, who've been grinding out the ugly wins and are bearing down on that 3rd-place finish. And a Benzema-inspired Madrid aside, who with Rodrygo are toying with teams in Europe, I can see Liverpool consolidating in the league, whilst Utd chase that phantom 'quadruple'!

Ten Hag isn't building anything special, no more so than Chelsea with their 100 players and rolling the dice, unlike Klopp, who actually took a sleeping giant and built a dynasty. There's a difference, you see :cool:
Butthurt? Nope. that was last season as we were trounced 5-0 at OT. That one hurt.

This one not so much...why would it? We've had a good season thus far, won a cup and will likely land in the CL places. We're 7 points ahead of Liverpool.

For all the fawning the media have done over Liverpool, they have 1 league title to show for their best years in 3 decades and were expected to go 'toe to toe' with City this season...a season which has seen them fall woefully short. A season in which just a few weeks ago some of their own fans were wanting Klopp gone, this after sampling the managerial 'delights' of Hodgson and Dalglish in the not so distant past...now THAT'S entitled.

As for the 'mickey mouse' cup, it was a good enough trophy for the team you support to be desperate to win. So much so that apparently you had posters put up all around your dressing room etc stating how long it had been since you had won a trophy. This is the same team, by the way, that the media and your own fans said deserved to be taken over by insanely rich owners because you've suffered so much under the likes of Ashley etc. I'd say that's a pretty entitled perspective to take too.

Overall, after the years of Ole and Rangnick, this season has been a breath of fresh air...and there's two more honours up for grabs. Plus a change of ownership upcoming. A hammering at Anfield is not going to change that positivity.

I find it amazing how usually intelligent, level-headed people can be so blinded by bitterness and hatred towards another football team. United perpetually winning really did ruin some childhoods :laugh:

Last edited:
Fucking Hell! Scotland convincingly beat Spain tonight, first time since 1984 (I mean first time since 84 they beat Spain, not anyone at all) and top their group. WTG!! There is life after Sturgeon.... :laugh:

A top 4 finish and a domestic trophy. More than any United fan could have dreamed of after those two maulings right at the start of the season (Brighton and Brentford).

Well done to Newcastle clinching a CL place too. Howe has worked wonders with that team in such a short space of time.

Man utd have scored 1 less goal than brentford [56 to 57] who are 16pts behind them, so Ten Hag must've had a fair bit of luck with close games. Casemiro's arrival seemed to make a significant difference, in his first 12 games [not sub] they won 8, drew 3 and only lost 1.

THag doesn't fancy maguire [is he the captain of England still?] he only played 7 full games!

But having said that they're in an FA cup final as well, so for a first season Hag's done well and looks like a good, long term appointment, be interesting who they sign next and whether he can get more out of anthony and sancho next season, or they've got to be replaced.

Man utd have scored 1 less goal than brentford [56 to 57] who are 16pts behind them, so Ten Hag must've had a fair bit of luck with close games. Casemiro's arrival seemed to make a significant difference, in his first 12 games [not sub] they won 8, drew 3 and only lost 1.

THag doesn't fancy maguire [is he the captain of England still?] he only played 7 full games!

But having said that they're in an FA cup final as well, so for a first season Hag's done well and looks like a good, long term appointment, be interesting who they sign next and whether he can get more out of anthony and sancho next season, or they've got to be replaced.
We’ve played the season without a striker. Rashford is a wide attacker when all said and done.

We also have one of the highest chances created stats in the league but often can’t hit a barn door. For example, Bruno’s chances created stats are number one I think. Our xG also outweighs what we’ve actually scored, so it’s another metric pointing towards our dire need for a quality number 9.

Second to this we need a couple of press resistant midfielders who can hold on to the ball and progress it further up the pitch. The thrashings we’ve had this season are due to Ten Hag attempting to play a higher line…certain players being easily dispossessed in dangerous areas which then sets the opposition on attack in advanced areas of the pitch. One pass and the opposition are through on goal. That’s why it’s imperative that if you high press, the defenders, midfielders and GK all have to be comfortable with the ball at their feet, so not to cede possession.

As for Casemiro, yes he’s absolute class. That no look dink leading to the second goal yesterday was tasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back