Flash upgrade - no sound.

skiny

Banned User - violation of <a href="http://www.cas
Ok, new problem. I've been screwing around with this for days.

Flash updated some time this week to flash 11. I'm assuming it's the active X controller.

Ever since this new upgrade I can't hear any sounds in videos played online such as youtube. The video plays but no sound.

The weird thing is, any video that I've played before the update still plays with sound. If I've never watched the video before, no sound.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled this silly thing a dozen times. I've tried so many things at this point, I don't even remember it all but it's driving me nuts.

I'm talking about IE by the way. I'm going to install firefox and see if that works.

Saw some discussion about Flash

Everyone - We've confirmed that this is indeed a bug with the latest version of Adobe Flash (11.3) and affects all browsers. If you found that sound works on other browsers (such as Firefox or IE), that is because it is likely not on 11.3 (while Chrome updates Flash automatically for you).

Adobe has acknowledged this issue and are currently working on this. See this Adobe forum thread where they are discussing the latest progress:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Thanks! :D

I went there a few times this week and downloaded earlier versions which wouldn't let me install them. They'd start and then give me an error halfway through but following the thread in your link I found myself back at the earlier version list. The one mentioned in that thread didn't work but I installed this - - - - flashplayer_10_ax_debug.exe - - - - and it seems to be working now.

As long as I don't let flash update itself it should be fine. (I hope.)

Cross your fingers. ;)

OH Lordie, thought my soundcard was going, just replaced my power supply on Wednesday. There was a bunch of updates to be done (been without a computer for 5 days), the Flash update was one of them. Been feeling like I've been mechanically jinxed lately:eek2: Glad to know I don't need to replace THAT too. Okay, off to read how to fix this problem...

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back