Craziest thing you've bought with your winngs

Let_It_Ride

Non-Gambler
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Location
europe
Craziest thing you've bought with your winnings

following on from the craziest bet, I was thinking what have you bought or have on your wish list to buy from your winnings. I always find buying with winnings is so much sweeter then using my own money :p

Few years back I bought myself a used jaguar, it was only 4K but a classic and sitting in those armchair seats surrounded by all that wood and leather was something else. Of course needed lots of small wins to keep filling that baby up cause at 12mpg didn't get very far :p

On my wish list, a round trip for two to Las Vegas, I figure I need a 5K hit for that one.
 
Last edited:

tim5ny

Non-Gambler
Joined
Jun 8, 2003
The craziest thing I ever bought with my big winnings was more casino chips.
 

TheBloke

Dormant account
Joined
Mar 9, 2005
Location
London
Let_It_Ride said:
Few years back I bought myself a used jaguar, it was only 4K but a classic and sitting in those armchair seats surrounded by all that wood and leather was something else.


Ooh, which Jag?

I have inherited from my Dad a love of all things Jaguar.

My first car, when I was 18, was a 1985 4.2 XJ6 Daimler - an incredibly beautiful car. It had loads of problems and only lasted a year, but I loved it lots. I paid 4.5k for the car and 2k for the insurance :)

Last year I found myself sans car, and bought a 1.5k XJ6. It only lasted a few months sadly.

Since then I've decided to give up on trying to find an old jag for a low price. My next car purchase will be a 2002-2003 supercharged XJR, which is pretty much my dream car.

I have always wanted a 60s E Type, and will definitely get one at some point. But I've realised it's entirely impractical as an only car, so won't get one for a while. Plus I'll need to spend 40k or so to get one in top condition :)
 

Macgyver

Dormant account
PABnononaccred
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Location
North Carolina
The craziest thing I've paid for with my online gambling (winnings and a little work thrown in) has been my credit card debt. :D

Winnings have also paid for my spending money in London when I visit in a few weeks. :thumbsup:
 

gfkostas

Ex-Bonus Whore
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Location
London
Spent them on a hustler who got me drunk and sent me home broke:oops:
 

jetset

RIP Brian
Joined
Feb 22, 2001
Location
Earth
TheBloke said:
Ooh, which Jag?

I have inherited from my Dad a love of all things Jaguar.

My first car, when I was 18, was a 1985 4.2 XJ6 Daimler - an incredibly beautiful car. It had loads of problems and only lasted a year, but I loved it lots. I paid 4.5k for the car and 2k for the insurance :)

Last year I found myself sans car, and bought a 1.5k XJ6. It only lasted a few months sadly.

Since then I've decided to give up on trying to find an old jag for a low price. My next car purchase will be a 2002-2003 supercharged XJR, which is pretty much my dream car.

I have always wanted a 60s E Type, and will definitely get one at some point. But I've realised it's entirely impractical as an only car, so won't get one for a while. Plus I'll need to spend 40k or so to get one in top condition :)

Oh, yeah! My fave is that elegant 3.4 litre (?) Jag from the 'sixties on which today's S type is modelled. A sleek, speedy machine with big red leather armchair seats, lots of tumbler switches and silky walnut woodwork. Whoa!

I would of course accept a Big Six Healey from that era, too!!!
 

tim5ny

Non-Gambler
Joined
Jun 8, 2003
Had a 1980 XJ6 in mint condition. Most comfortable ride I think I'll ever experience, but it was a mechanic's dream. I babied this car, yet the transmission, electrical system, and eventually a cracked head and engine block ended my short-lived love affair with that car.
 

Let_It_Ride

Non-Gambler
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Location
europe
TheBloke said:
Ooh, which Jag?

I have inherited from my Dad a love of all things Jaguar.

My first car, when I was 18, was a 1985 4.2 XJ6 Daimler - an incredibly beautiful car. It had loads of problems and only lasted a year, but I loved it lots. I paid 4.5k for the car and 2k for the insurance :)

Last year I found myself sans car, and bought a 1.5k XJ6. It only lasted a few months sadly.

Since then I've decided to give up on trying to find an old jag for a low price. My next car purchase will be a 2002-2003 supercharged XJR, which is pretty much my dream car.

I have always wanted a 60s E Type, and will definitely get one at some point. But I've realised it's entirely impractical as an only car, so won't get one for a while. Plus I'll need to spend 40k or so to get one in top condition :)

The first one I bought was a 4.2 XJ6 Daimler, but for me it wasn't the same even if they were better equiped. I wanted the Jaguar badge looking back at me from the steering wheel, so traded in for a real jag. It was an A plate (1984?) series III with pepper pot wheels. Love these cars as they're classics but still modern enough for a good drive, the one after the XJ40 was a real dog! If you go for another one, get the car insured under a classic car policy, it only cost me 160 per year but with limited mileage.

If I don't make it to Las Vegas then maybe an XJS next.......
 

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
Joined
Jun 30, 1998
Location
Bierland
A five string Fender Precision Bass :D
 

suzecat

Dormant account
Joined
Sep 18, 2004
Location
California
Craziest thing my big high roller winnings (yeah right) have bought?

Well, it wasn't a Jag (bummer) or bass or anything else you folks would probably find that exciting.........but it sure bet sleeping on the floor. :eek2:
 

KasinoKing

WebMeister & Slotaholic..
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
MM
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Location
Bexhill on sea, England
Well I wouldn't call the purchase crazy - but with my January 2005 profit I bought the wireless laptop I am typing this on right now. :cool:

But what I do with it might be considered crazy; In the summer I take it to the garden, and in the winter into my bloody freezing garage - so I can indulge in an occasional cigar while playing! (No smoking in the house!).
I have also been known to take it into the bathroom and play poker or slot machines while laying in the bath! :D
 

JohnGalt

Dormant account
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Location
iugljk
KasinoKing said:
Well I wouldn't call the purchase crazy - but with my January 2005 profit I bought the wireless laptop I am typing this on right now. :cool:

But what I do with it might be considered crazy; In the summer I take it to the garden, and in the winter into my bloody freezing garage - so I can indulge in an occasional cigar while playing! (No smoking in the house!).
I have also been known to take it into the bathroom and play poker or slot machines while laying in the bath! :D

:eek:

Don't drop it! We'd miss you :D
 

Slotmachine

Dormant account
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Location
US
Casinomeister said:
A five string Fender Precision Bass :D

Ooh... rock'n'roll baby. I think my Japanese made Stratocaster will have to go...

Craziest so far: Just bought a trip to the Louvre for my mother who's been dreaming of it her whole life...

Cheers,
SM
 

vinylweatherman

You type well loads
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Location
United Kingdom
I don't often buy daft things with winnings.

Often I "reinvest" a big hit by taking on a bonus or tournament that I would otherwise miss.
I bought a PC "for my Mum" last year so that I could play when visiting.
Buying luxuries means that the money cannot be converted back into casino chips. I also get several gifts due to my VIP status at several casinos.

Every now and then I buy something a bit unusual.......
 

Let_It_Ride

Non-Gambler
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Location
europe
poker chips

just bought 100 11.5 gram clay filled casino chips, hardly a big purchase but great to practice chip tricks when playin online.
 

liquidsoap

Dormant account
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Location
home
New computer(which sucks):mad:
Case of Beer:)
Pac of Cigs :rolleyes:
Gambling for 2 months straight off the winnings :thumbsup:
 

Let_It_Ride

Non-Gambler
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Location
europe
not a crazy one this quite the opposite, but after reading the paper I've just sent a cheque to help with the Africa food crisis appeal.

If you could help as well, even as little as 10% of your winnings we can all make a great difference for these poor people :thumbsup:

Thank you.

p.s. I wasn't sure if I should post this or even if it's breaking any forum rules, but when I read about a 15 month old baby weighing only 4.5kg I had to do something.
 

Slotmachine

Dormant account
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Location
US
Let_It_Ride said:
not a crazy one this quite the opposite, but after reading the paper I've just sent a cheque to help with the Africa food crisis appeal.

If you could help as well, even as little as 10% of your winnings we can all make a great difference for these poor people :thumbsup:

Well done, and good idea! I think the casinos should be the ones doing that, we're the ones who'd pay for it anyway. I donate a certain % of my monthly income anyway, but I'll be sure to follow your advice and make an extra donation once my Cherry winnings arrive.

Now here's an idea for a Casinomeister Award category:
2006 Casino that Donated the most to Charity

It would have to be % of profits so the smaller casinos would have a chance at the prize.

I mean, the casinos are churning 100 million+ profits per year, they could share some of it with those in need.

Cheers,
SM
 

Let_It_Ride

Non-Gambler
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Location
europe
Slotmachine said:
Now here's an idea for a Casinomeister Award category:
2006 Casino that Donated the most to Charity

SM

and the first casino to do this, will get all my play, no questions asked.
 
Top