Corona virus - Covid 19 discussion

The New York Times won't let me read the article without subscribing. If this is how they treat Trump supporters I'm out

That's strange. I can access the full article here.

Published July 16, 2020
Updated July 21, 2020

BANGKOK — No one knows exactly why Thailand has been spared.

Is it the social distancing embedded in Thai culture — the habit of greeting others with a wai, a prayer-like motion, rather than a full embrace — that has prevented the runaway transmission of the coronavirus here?

Did Thailand’s early adoption of face masks, combined with a robust health care system, blunt the virus’s impact? Was it the outdoor lifestyle of many Thais, or their relatively low rates of pre-existing conditions?

Is there a genetic component in which the immune systems of Thais and others in the Mekong River region are more resistant to the coronavirus? Or is it some alchemy of all these factors that has insulated this country of 70 million people?

One thing is certain. Despite an influx of foreign visitors early in the year from countries badly hit by the coronavirus, Thailand has recorded fewer than 3,240 cases and 58 deaths. As of Thursday, there had been no cases of local transmission for about seven weeks.

Thailand’s low rate of infection appears to be shared by other countries in the Mekong River basin. Vietnam has not recorded a single death and has logged about three months without a case of community transmission. Myanmar has confirmed 336 cases of the virus, Cambodia 166 and Laos just 19.

Yunnan, the southwestern Chinese province through which the Mekong flows before meandering to Southeast Asia, had fewer than 190 cases. None are active now.
[...]

More a culture thing mate.
Well according to the BBC there are 4 million people in the UK who cannot read, write or understand English. And certain groups are up in arms saying the government has failed them by not providing translators.

It's always someone else's fault :)

On another note lets spare a thought for the USA Texas Representative Gohmert who has caught COVID 19 and says "I can't help wondering if I caught it from one of the few times I wore a mask" - Reminds me of the old saying "Only two things come from Texas boy, steers and queers and I can't see no horns" - to which he would have replied "'I'm neither Sarge, I'm just a total fuckwit" Clearly he is seeking to be a runner in the annual Darwin awards

I live in a densely populated part of London, and sorry if this is unpopular but certain races and cultures couldnt give a flying fig about the rules.

Not that I agree with the rules at all either, but I try to stick to them.

I live in a densely populated part of London, and sorry if this is unpopular but certain races and cultures couldnt give a flying fig about the rules.

Not that I agree with the rules at all either, but I try to stick to them.
Careful you will be racist like me for stating facts from the scientific community and the government....

I’ve a gorgeous tea to show you all.
Wagyu burger with a gourmet melt on top..
Toasted bun...

Chips..

M and s onion rings.. cooked crispy...

Salad..

And a m and s bucket of bbq wings I forgot about, sell by date or whatever was today so will need to devour such little succulent delights!..

I’ve a gorgeous tea to show you all.
Wagyu burger with a gourmet melt on top..
Toasted bun...

Chips..

M and s onion rings.. cooked crispy...

Salad..

And a m and s bucket of bbq wings I forgot about, sell by date or whatever was today so will need to devour such little succulent delights!..
You say that but where's the proof? This is Fake News

You say that but where's the proof? This is Fake News
I’ve not cooked it yet...
Mr ‘I’ll be the corona cooking nazi’

Give a man a chance, my child as always exhausted me, as does the silly dog...
Just relaxing, I’ve had a breakfast (full English) also cod bites and chips and a protein shake already...

I shall have the above meal in a little while if that’s ok fuhrer lol!..

Life, well, appears, mostly normal here; shops open, people out and about.
Just the masks everywhere

Who knew it'd be the 2020 fashion focus :p
Just realised since the old mask had to be worn...

I’ve been wearing mine the wrong way round for a week, sending selfies thinking I’m cool as I buy beans, Dr Pepper and pasta...

Just realised since the old mask had to be worn...

I’ve been wearing mine the wrong way round for a week, sending selfies thinking I’m cool as I buy beans, Dr Pepper and pasta...
So that was you..
Didnt recognize you at first because of the wig.

jj.jpg

So that was you..
Didnt recognize you at first because of the wig.

View attachment 138154
Haha not far wrong mate lol!..
I’d love hair, we should have a CM whip around for me a transplant, I looked into getting one in Turkey last year but Isabelle’s bloody horse riding lessons stopped this dream haha!..

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back