Chat room...

Ahhh the days of dial up and Yahoo chat rooms Jesus it was a free for all how I didn't catch a serious STI I will never know I found my self as far away as the states chasing the pussy I met in them rooms.
They were the days
Right - there are females on here that are finding this offensive. Whilst your sexual prowess may have been legendary within the British Army, this isn't the place for it. Last time, OK?
If the OP is wondering why the 'Chat Room' idea is a non-starter, this crap is self-explanatory.
Imagine a full-time mod watching it every minute to stop it descending into this.

Right - there are females on here that are finding this offensive. Whilst your sexual prowess may have been legendary within the British Army, this isn't the place for it. Last time, OK?
If the OP is wondering why the 'Chat Room' idea is a non-starter, this crap is self-explanatory.
Imagine a full-time mod watching it every minute to stop it descending into this.

Fair point about people finding it offensive I was only responding to a question asked by another member which I answered truthfully and yes my choice of words probably weren't great.

But you thinking it's ok to have a pop at me because your a MOD? Is not ok.

I will leave it there if you feel you would like carry out your threat craic on..

Fair point about people finding it offensive I was only responding to a question asked by another member which I answered truthfully and yes my choice of words probably weren't great.

I will leave it there if you feel you would like carry out your threat craic on..

Oh Dear :eek2:

A pop at you?

Is this a code word for telling you that your words are offensive.

:lolup:

Still almost half a season to go. I anticipated City would get the win from the starting line up Klopp put out. He went to defend.

I'd swear that was a goal. 1.2cm of the ball not over the line :eek:

In any event still 4 points clear and Liverpools to lose.

Nate

Dunover was responding to the fact that your post was reported as offensive - or way out of line. You should have just taken it on the chin and carried on, instead you dissed the mod.

That is not ok.

7 day suspension for being a PITA

And now you know why we don't have a chat room.

You were asked to curb your "boy talk" because you were being a dick. How does it matter whether that comes from a civilian or a moderator? The point remains: there have been complaints about the "boobs and pussy" talk and those objections are completely legitimate. Please stop.

[ah, just saw that Bryan and I were posting more-or-less simultaneously.]

The point remains: there have been complaints about the "boobs and pussy" talk and those objections are completely legitimate. Please stop.

that's the thing. politically correctness is different for everybody . what's ok to say or not ok to say .
so a chat room would need a lot of moderation. and who will be the mods depends on their political correctness on how to enforce the rules and when.
" you're a pussy" said to man , is different than saying the same thing to a woman.

And this is why a chat room would be a bad idea, what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander. After about ten minutes everyone would be banned and it would be a chat room of MODS. Perhaps another idea would be a REP thread for example one rep a day has a question and answers thread.

Maybe we should have a "Purge" day. Everyone goes ape shit for one day - no rules except no spammy shit.

No banning, no moderating, no rules.

I'd watch that... i'd just have to try damn hard not to get involved ;)

The problem with a chat room is that it could devalue the forum and information posted within it. Also it would be a lot harder to police from a moderator point of view, ie spamming etc etc. Just my 2 cents
Yeah, that's what I pretty much said earlier - a lot of frivolity and crap will be picked up in Search Engines and dilute the real meaning of the site. And we'll get spammers and possibly even Krishna back.

Chat room moderated by:

View attachment 102183

oh, some of you will get it :p

Bot-chatroom moderated by
bender-dance.gif
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back