Bush's 'war on terror' comes to a sudden end

RobWin

closed account
Obama signals that America's reach in battling enemies will not be limitless

ANALYSIS
By Dana Priest

updated 5:13 a.m. ET, Fri., Jan. 23, 2009

WASHINGTON - President Obama yesterday eliminated the most controversial tools employed by his predecessor against terrorism suspects. With the stroke of his pen, he effectively declared an end to the "war on terror," as President George W. Bush had defined it, signaling to the world that the reach of the U.S. government in battling its enemies will not be limitless.....

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Conservative Politicians... always fighting the WRONG damn war...

IMO, if they wanted to fight a war so F#@#ing bad, they should have been fighting a "Good" War like the "War on Poverty", "War on Ignorance" or the "War on Cancer"...

Just my 2 cents.

Conservative Politicians... always fighting the WRONG damn war...

IMO, if they wanted to fight a war so F#@#ing bad, they should have been fighting a "Good" War like the "War on Poverty", "War on Ignorance" or the "War on Cancer"...

Just my 2 cents.
I agree totally with what you posted lots0, i am as about right winged republican as they come and yet i see the problems in the past with the G.O.P and Mr. Bush, i will not Bash Bush but when we as a nation was attacked on 9-11 we were scared, how could this happen to us, on our own soil and we became more frightened as a nation. i thought we would be going over there to take out Bin Ladin, and no one can tell us in our goverment, they dont know where he is hiding, thats bull shit.

I hope that something good will come out of our new Presidents term, that he will keep us out of harms way, that the economy will survive and most of all that we will continue to survive as a nation.

My 2 cents worth...............laurie

...when we as a nation was attacked on 9-11 we were scared, how could this happen to us, on our own soil and we became more frightened as a nation.

Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself
Franklin D. Roosevelt, His Inaugural Address, March 4, 1933
Granted he was a Democrat... But he made a lot of sense.

BTW - As you know I don't mind bashing Bush... As far as I am concerned the stupid SOB deserves it. Bush acted exactly the way Bin lauden and his cohorts wanted him too after the attack on 911.
Bin launden wanted us to appear to be the bad guys to the world and Bush played right into his hands by doing the following...

*Starting a War of Choice that had Nothing to do with the 911 attack, but using the 911 attack as an excuse.
*Secret Renditions
*Spying on the American People
*Secret CIA Prisons
*Guantanamo
*Torturing Prisoners
*The so called "Patriot" Act - That had some very very scary provisions in it, things like the government offering to pay Americans to spy on their Neighbors.
*The Suspension of Habeas Corpus (One of the founding fundamentals of our Nation)
* The idea that you if you disagreed with Bush you were a traitor to America.

And those are just off the top of my head...

Bush does not deserve to be able to just walk away in peace and live his ultra privileged life style after this mess he created for our country... not to mention the rivers of blood that cover his hands...

Wasn't Bush supposed to be real big on "personal responsibility"?? I guess that was just bull shit too.

Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself
Franklin D. Roosevelt, His Inaugural Address, March 4, 1933
Granted he was a Democrat... But he made a lot of sense.

BTW - As you know I don't mind bashing Bush... As far as I am concerned the stupid SOB deserves it. Bush acted exactly the way Bin lauden and his cohorts wanted him too after the attack on 911.
Bin launden wanted us to appear to be the bad guys to the world and Bush played right into his hands by doing the following...

*Starting a War of Choice that had Nothing to do with the 911 attack, but using the 911 attack as an excuse.
*Secret Renditions
*Spying on the American People
*Secret CIA Prisons
*Guantanamo
*Torturing Prisoners
*The so called "Patriot" Act - That had some very very scary provisions in it, things like the government offering to pay Americans to spy on their Neighbors.
*The Suspension of Habeas Corpus (One of the founding fundamentals of our Nation)
* The idea that you if you disagreed with Bush you were a traitor to America.

And those are just off the top of my head...

Bush does not deserve to be able to just walk away in peace and live his ultra privileged life style after this mess he created for our country... not to mention the rivers of blood that cover his hands...

Wasn't Bush supposed to be real big on "personal responsibility"?? I guess that was just bull shit too.

this is true also, its not bush that has kept us out of harms way but the men and women in uniform from our nation as well as our allies from around the world, i never want to think for one minute that the blood shed and the many lives that have been lost by these brave souls was for nothing......laurie

It'd really impress me if Obama starts the search again for Osama. I bet it'd take no time to find him if they just put their minds to it.

It'd really impress me if Obama starts the search again for Osama. I bet it'd take no time to find him if they just put their minds to it.
me too win, as i have always said how damn hard is it to find a lil ole man on a donkey pulling a dyalisis machine, caves, mountains or not with all the people and resources we have in operation, they found saddam's ass in a hole, why not bin ladins, i personally think it has something to do with the previous president and staff not wanting to piss off some of our so called middle eastern allies, but thats just my thoughts and they prolly dont amount to a hill of beans........laurie

Guys, you still don't get it...well at least in my mind you don't get it, no offense intended but the reason they have not and most likely never will find and capture Bin Laden is because he still works for the CIA and he has ever since the early 80's...that's not conspiracy, that's a known fact.

And Laurie, as much as I regret saying this to you I will anyway and I don't mean it to offend anyone here but all of our brave young men and womens blood that has been spilled over there has been spilled in vain as this war was never truly about keeping terrorists out of the US but rather more about the US needing more control of the oil in the middle east.

Guys, you still don't get it...well at least in my mind you don't get it, no offense intended but the reason they have not and most likely never will find and capture Bin Laden is because he still works for the CIA and he has ever since the early 80's...that's not conspiracy, that's a known fact.

And Laurie, as much as I regret saying this to you I will anyway and I don't mean it to offend anyone here but all of our brave young men and womens blood that has been spilled over there has been spilled in vain as this war was never truly about keeping terrorists out of the US but rather more about the US needing more control of the oil in the middle east.

I just had to dig up this old thread in light of Obama deciding to send 17,000 more troops into Afghanistan. Where are all of my liberal friends that thought Obama/Pelosi were going to pull America out of the Middle East on inauguration day?

Rob, it would be the world's biggest news story since 9/11/2001 if there was even a shred of proof that bin Laden has had contact with the FBI, CIA, white house or even a NSA janitor since the 1990's. We all like the drama of a good conspiracy now and then but I am surprised someone of your intellect posting this one as fact??

And OF COURSE America is in the Middle East to stabilize/control the production of oil. It is no secret that we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq because the survival of America and most other industrialized countries depend on oil. Failure to do so would have left us vulnerable to blackmail and extortion, not to mention an immediate and complete collapse of the world economy.

I just had to dig up this old thread in light of Obama deciding to send 17,000 more troops into Afghanistan. Where are all of my liberal friends that thought Obama/Pelosi were going to pull America out of the Middle East on inauguration day?

Rob, it would be the world's biggest news story since 9/11/2001 if there was even a shred of proof that bin Laden has had contact with the FBI, CIA, white house or even a NSA janitor since the 1990's. We all like the drama of a good conspiracy now and then but I am surprised someone of your intellect posting this one as fact??

And OF COURSE America is in the Middle East to stabilize/control the production of oil. It is no secret that we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq because the survival of America and most other industrialized countries depend on oil. Failure to do so would have left us vulnerable to blackmail and extortion, not to mention an immediate and complete collapse of the world economy.

Bryan is right imo Rob, your a good friend and good friends will always differ over politics:D I still say we need to be drilling on our own soil, quit depending on the middle east for it, whatever we dont need we can always sell it to other countries and keep the money right here at home, not to mention the many thousands of jobs it would create,just one way to give this failing economy a boost and quit making the middle east richer, without money for oil, less money can be used to sponser terrorisim by some of these oil rich nations imo.......whatcha think about those apples Rob?:D..........laurie

we trained him just like noriaga

I think thats how you spell it. we train them then have nothing to do with them after words, then when they come back they end up hurting us in some way. I don't understand our thinking on this we get what we want from them then we turn our backs on them so they get even with us. when are we going to learn how hard is our head.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back