Brexit - whats the difference.....

Corbyn looking positively pained during the British National Anthem

We know with him he can't afford to not attend and cut off half of his voters. Surprised he's not checking his watch every two minutes

ps oh look here's Tony Bliar, looking glum, as he should

Following the devastating floods of the last few days, the UK requested EU help (no, really) with satellite mapping technology to assist us with tracking the floods and understanding the course of the disaster.

The EU responded immediately by deploying a Copernicus satellite over the UK, as per our request.

Nice to have friends in the EU, isn't it?

(Obviously New South Wales is in Australia, the EU assisted with a satellite there too, but this time in relation to the wildfires.)

I could've saved them the bother - the cause was the fact it pissed down with rain there for 2 days, the rivers couldn't cope and burst their banks. Same as every other flood we get occasionally. In fact the TV news crews showed this when they flew over the affected areas. I see the reamoaners are getting desperate now.

Can the author (of yet another third party social media snippet @ChopleyIOM loves to quote!) show where in the contract of this project it says we have to end participation should we leave the EU? Does our financial contribution cease to count upon leaving? The agreement get torn up? The UK (which has quite a sizeable and market-leading satellite industry) cannot participate in joint projects after leaving?

Let me see....ah yes! Concorde was a joint UK-French venture before the EU, the Tornado fighter bomber (UK, Germany, Italy, Spain) the Jaguar fighter (UK/France).

But according to the remain side, it will be become impossible to co-operate with other Euro nations after Brexit. What utter bollocks. If that were really the case, it would show to the world what a restrictive, insular and anti-trade BS organization the EU really was.

Last edited:
As I said, wait for the results to come out. Just dodged the "technical recession". BTW, the UK managed the same as well by the skin of their teeth. :D

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

So it is ok for Germany to avoid recession but when it's the UK we are doomed. Hmmm

I could've saved them the bother - the cause was the fact it pissed down with rain there for 2 days, the rivers couldn't cope and burst their banks. Same as every other flood we get occasionally. In fact the TV news crews showed this when they flew over the affected areas. I see the reamoaners are getting desperate now.

Can the author (of yet another third party social media snippet @ChopleyIOM loves to quote!) show where in the contract of this project it says we have to end participation should we leave the EU? Does our financial contribution cease to count upon leaving? The agreement get torn up? The UK (which has quite a sizeable and market-leading satellite industry) cannot participate in joint projects after leaving?

Let me see....ah yes! Concorde was a joint UK-French venture before the EU, the Tornado fighter bomber (UK, Germany, Italy, Spain) the Jaguar fighter (UK/France).

But according to the remain side, it will be become impossible to co-operate with other Euro nations after Brexit. What utter bollocks. If that were really the case, it would show to the world what a restrictive, insular and anti-trade BS organization the EU really was.
Apart from the torrential rain the fact the rivers where not dredged also played a massive part in the flooding according to experts.
How the EU are touted as heroes In the midst of this flooding states how desperate the re-moan lot are, we are leaving deal with it.

If only there was some way to find out.....

The UK will not be able to participate in the parts of the Copernicus programme that are open only to EU Member States. For example, UK-based businesses, academics and researchers will not be able to bid for future Copernicus contracts tendered through the EU, or through any other process using EU procurement rules.

We expect that UK-based entities holding Copernicus contracts with delivery dates that run past the date of Brexit will continue to be able to deliver that work. We would encourage UK-based entities holding those contracts to confirm arrangements with their relevant contracting authority.

UK-based Copernicus data users should consider the impact that losing access to any data or information not sourced under the free and open data policy may have on their operations.

In fact Dunover what caused the flooding in Doncaster is Sheffield city council's flood defences they have sacrificed Rotherham and Doncaster to save Sheffield and Meadwohall in the same way that Rotherham and Doncaster is being sacrificed for HS2.

Sheffield have a loathing of Doncaster and for many reasons, we built an airport which means they are the only huge city in the UK without an international airport, in fact they forced the owners to add Sheffield to the airport's name, they don't like that Doncaster is growing and becoming more of a player.

Again look at the ongoing row over a Sheffield City funding for South Yorkshire, SY is losing millions in funding because Sheffield want to control the funding for SY and Barnsley & Doncaster want a Yorkshire wide system.

It was already mentioned on Look North last night and confirmed by an expert that Sheffield flood defences forced the water down the River Don away from Sheffield.

You should give Boris Johnson a call to let him know about this, since it's his government that requested EU assistance in the matter and obviously he isn't aware of this insight into what happened.

You should give Boris Johnson a call to let him know about this, since it's his government that requested EU assistance in the matter and obviously he isn't aware of this insight into what happened.
Maybe I should give Gordon Brown a call and ask him what he did in 2007 when Doncaster was last flooded, if he did something then why has it failed now in the same area of Bentley.

So it is ok for Germany to avoid recession but when it's the UK we are doomed. Hmmm

No, I never said that. It was you who paraded the link for an article how Germany is doomed right now. :rolleyes:

And as I mentioned, a "technical recession" is not the end of the world.

If only there was some way to find out.....

The UK will not be able to participate in the parts of the Copernicus programme that are open only to EU Member States. For example, UK-based businesses, academics and researchers will not be able to bid for future Copernicus contracts tendered through the EU, or through any other process using EU procurement rules.

We expect that UK-based entities holding Copernicus contracts with delivery dates that run past the date of Brexit will continue to be able to deliver that work. We would encourage UK-based entities holding those contracts to confirm arrangements with their relevant contracting authority.

UK-based Copernicus data users should consider the impact that losing access to any data or information not sourced under the free and open data policy may have on their operations.

Ok, so we're talking one project, Copernicus.
It says existing contracts will still run.
And that the shut-out applies to only info NOT sourced in future under the free and open policy.

So where does it say we cannot run a project ourselves, or with other partners?
This is just an EU shut-out. As one would expect.

And your article states 'after a NO-DEAL Brexit' - pray tell us if this article would apply IF we left under the present deal?

Nether is Brexit but you remainers would have us believe it is.

FYI, I am not a remainer since I am not a UK citizen. And never stated that Brexit will be the end of the world. Why would I think that? :confused:

You are free to believe whatever you like. Paint your perfect world as you please, nobody can tell you how and why not. :rolleyes:

I'm sure if the uk was willing to grease enough EU palms they'd let us remain in their magnificent statellite club :p

It's this attitude of being a stinker that gets them a bad rep in the first place, we've paid probably billions into this project, and why shouldn't the european nations be able to agree things with the uk outside of the EU's control?
Are they no longer fully functioning countries with a right to do as they wish, course they're not!

I don't think we impose such a strict, dictator style approach in our commonwealth club, that's what the EU should've been, a european commonwealth, a friendly but loose association which still respects nation state democracy.

I'm sure if the uk was willing to grease enough EU palms they'd let us remain in their magnificent statellite club :p

It's this attitude of being a stinker that gets them a bad rep in the first place, we've paid probably billions into this project, and why shouldn't the european nations be able to agree things with the uk outside of the EU's control?
Are they no longer fully functioning countries with a right to do as they wish, course they're not!

I don't think we impose such a strict, dictator style approach in our commonwealth club, that's what the EU should've been, a european commonwealth, a friendly but loose association which still respects nation state democracy.

That is the understatement of the century. :eek:

Sure you let the colonies loose after robbing them blind for centuries! How nice was that! :rolleyes:

And it was still called The British Commonwealth of Nations.

Oh come now Harry, I'm sure the UK's former subjects loved every second of our violent occupation of their countries, let's just check the archives!

Oh.

Talking about the Bengal famine in 1943,
: “I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion. The famine was their own fault for breeding like rabbits.”

Oh come now Harry, I'm sure the UK's former subjects loved every second of our violent occupation of their countries, let's just check the archives!

Oh.

Talking about the Bengal famine in 1943,
: “I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion. The famine was their own fault for breeding like rabbits.”
Oh let’s all be super guilty because people done some things years ago.
Ridiculous notion, every country has a past.

That is the understatement of the century. :eek:

Sure you let the colonies loose after robbing them blind for centuries! How nice was that! :rolleyes:

And it was still called The British Commonwealth of Nations.

I was meaning now, we can't go over the old empire stuff, germany, france, portugal all had pretty much the same approach to their colonial conquests, pillaging.

And as I mentioned in the trump thread, the big european food companies in the EU are still probably making more money from third world food than the third world does, things like coffee and chocolate are purchased in their raw state at cheap prices and then processed in europe with the profit then added on.

The IMF/world bank lent poor countries money for projects they didn't need or were of little use, and then saddled them with the debt and interest payments, then told them all to grow cash crops, which flooded the market and lowered the commodity prices even further.

I was meaning now, we can't go over the old empire stuff, germany, france, portugal all had pretty much the same approach to their colonial conquests, pillaging.

And as I mentioned in the trump thread, the big european food companies in the EU are still probably making more money from third world food than the third world does, things like coffee and chocolate are purchased in their raw state at cheap prices and then processed in europe with the profit then added on.

The IMF/world bank lent poor countries money for projects they didn't need or were of little use, and then saddled them with the debt and interest payments, then told them all to grow cash crops, which flooded the market and lowered the commodity prices even further.

The Commonwealth as it is known today is only about a century old, so you don't need to go back to the old empire stuff. Did you study the history why the British Commonwealth was created (not just to replace the name British Empire)? What I can tell you is that the UK is still benefiting today from the original treaty, although in a watered-down grade due to the follow-up treaties that were signed.

Germany was never a colonial power, however, they were responsible for the two worst wars in our history. Nobody says though..... "oh we can't go over the old WW stuff now"..... your parades in the UK every year are a clear sign that there are many people who can't, rightly so, just forget it.

I might have to remind you that some of the largest companies today were founded during the 19th and early 20th century. So they just continued to exploit the "third world" in the imperialistic way they did during the colonial times. The difference is that they are paying them a few bread crumbs. That has not stopped until today and never will completely, and surely is not limited to the EU. Lately, there are some single projects and initiatives here or there, but nothing that would make up for the losses those countries suffered over centuries.

What you can't absolve the UK off is the misery you brought to those countries (neither can Spain, the Netherlands, France and Portugal). The forced wealth transfer from the colonies was astronomical if you calculate it in today's money. That is just as much a historical fact as Germany being the perpetrator for the two biggest wars and some of the worst human atrocities. You simply can't eradicate history.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back