Brexit - whats the difference.....

Well when a Brexit Party candidate says that it will make everyone poorer for thirty years, that's probably worth reporting.

Yeah, so will splashing out 0.7% of GDP as 'foreign aid' (another £13.4bn of EU BS), so will carbon taxes and the futile efforts of a country of 70m people trying to reverse climate change when India and China increase the world's population by half that a year alone. But you all swallow that.

So if everyone was told they'd get a bill for £1000, they'd have still voted Leave? Gotcha.

No, you obviously don’t ‘got me’

If it is so clear then how come it wasn’t plastered as part of the remain campaign? They ran a campaign of telling people they’d be worse off.

And it failed

So gotcha alright.

If it is so clear then how come it wasn’t plastered as part of the remain campaign? They ran a campaign of telling people they’d be worse off.

And it failed

So gotcha alright.
Because they're desperately inventing statistics that can neither be proven nor accurate, similar to the fact the economy would die on its feet when the vote went to leave....

Let me see...what happened there?

And it failed

So gotcha alright.

But of course that was waved away as PROJECT FEAR, and unfortunately it worked.

The fact that a Brexit Party candidate is now conceding that it wasn't Project Fear, and in fact was accurate, is significant.

The people who voted Leave didn't believe the warnings about the economic impact.

Will they believe it now that a Brexit Party candidate says that there will be an economic cost, making the country and most people in it poorer, for the next thirty years?

@ChopleyIOM I see the EU as a prison I have been sentenced to I have been told by the authorities I can leave now my sentence is up on the one hand someone says "congratulations you are free to leave and make it on your own but it maybe tough at first" I say thanks I just want to be free from these people holding me here, another person says "hey you must be mad leaving here they feed you put a roof over your head you have friends who will look after you why would you want to leave that. I reply I want to be free I don't care if I can't get a job at first or have to live in horrible dirty flat I know that I will be free and make the best of it.

It is the same with Brexit I don't want to be in an EU prison sentence I want to live in a country that has the options to make it's own choices and elect people in charge that I can have the option of removing every 5 years.

If you want to be in the EU prison move to one of the other 27 countres, Britain is about to become free of it's captures.

Yeah, so will splashing out 0.7% of GDP as 'foreign aid' (another £13.4bn of EU BS), so will carbon taxes and the futile efforts of a country of 70m people trying to reverse climate change when India and China increase the world's population by half that a year alone. But you all swallow that.

That's always a ridiculous attitude. If people were thinking like you...nothing would ever change.
And good luck with your brexit. Just enjoy watching how business will leave the UK. Won't be cheap I'd think! And you get worse trade deals since you don't have that much to negotiate with after you leave.

That's always a ridiculous attitude. If people were thinking like you...nothing would ever change.
And good luck with your brexit. Just enjoy watching how business will leave the UK. Won't be cheap I'd think! And you get worse trade deals since you don't have that much to negotiate with after you leave.
Not the old "Businesses leaving the UK" crap again, let me guess everyone will starve because we have no food, everyone will die because there are no jobs, the whole British Isles will disappear in a cloud of smoke because we are not in the EU. Funny how many other countries are not in the EU and survive despite not being in the top 10 countries of the world. I mean Australia for one must be full of people dying because they are not in the EU as only countries in the EU can sign trade deals and keep businesses in their country.

Why does it all have to be about purely financial motives or self-gain.......many voted for various reasons, including sovereignty. Sorry to sound a bit Third Reich but I am a thicko Brexiteer!

Tell me about it - working in Scotland, the SNP introduced another tax band to a 120 quid a month detriment but it’s all OK as independence is just round the corner. Or not.:rolleyes:

Makes me sad how many Golds I could see with that money. Clue - one.

I just see bunch of insecure people here whining about how EU is controlling them. Or how you're losing your culture to some...whatever. I'm sure everytime you have some problem...it's always EU's fault. Or someone else's fault. If you aren't in the EU...then it'll be your PM's fault, but never your own fault. How about fix your own god damn problems for a change.

Not the old "Businesses leaving the UK" crap again, let me guess everyone will starve because we have no food, everyone will die because there are no jobs, the whole British Isles will disappear in a cloud of smoke because we are not in the EU. Funny how many other countries are not in the EU and survive despite not being in the top 10 countries of the world. I mean Australia for one must be full of people dying because they are not in the EU as only countries in the EU can sign trade deals and keep businesses in their country.

Well it is happening if you haven't seen. It's a fact. Rest of that you just made up to make it sound oh-so-dramatic. You must be a funny guy.

Tell me about it - working in Scotland, the SNP introduced another tax band to a 120 quid a month detriment but it’s all OK as independence is just round the corner. Or not.:rolleyes:

Makes me sad how many Golds I could see with that money. Clue - one.
Please try to make me understand how Scotland becoming independent then joining the EU is independence? I mean I listen to Scottie McClue rant aimlessly about the EU in his show every week and apparently being a part of the UK is different to being a part of the EU and apparently it is a totally different animal. So why would you become independent of one union to join another?

Well it is happening if you haven't seen. It's a fact. Rest of that you just made up to make it sound oh-so-dramatic. You must be a funny guy.
No it isn't the UK currently has one it's highest employment rates in history, companies are still investing here and the jobless total is exceprionally low at the moment, we have been told these lies for three years and the UK is still a country of high employment and investment for overseas companies.

I just see bunch of insecure people here whining about how EU is controlling them. Or how you're losing your culture to some...whatever. I'm sure everytime you have some problem...it's always EU's fault. Or someone else's fault. If you aren't in the EU...then it'll be your PM's fault, but never your own fault. How about fix your own god damn problems for a change.
You literally have no idea what you're talking about

-again

Piss-poor troll attempt, even for you. But note how this discussion is centered and mainly discussed by those involved in its outcome. Not lame-ass trolls from 'Tampere'

Clue is in the "Br"

No it isn't the UK currently has one it's highest employment rates in history, companies are still investing here and the jobless total is exceprionally low at the moment, we have been told these lies for three years and the UK is still a country of high employment and investment for overseas companies.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Please try to make me understand how Scotland becoming independent then joining the EU is independence? I mean I listen to Scottie McClue rant aimlessly about the EU in his show every week and apparently being a part of the UK is different to being a part of the EU and apparently it is a totally different animal. So why would you become independent of one union to join another?

You are asking the wrong person as I voted against independence in the Scotland one.

Maybe it’s tagged as Independence-Lite. Like Sprite. Presume the SNP would argue that the ‘control’ exerted by the EU is not as invasive as Westminster. But think that’s a debate for Indy 2050.

Seriously you will be quoting the Guardian next, I at least have the decency not to quote you any Daily Express headlines.

The UK labour market has been remarkably resilient in the face of Brexit-related uncertainty," Hargreaves Lansdown senior economist Ben Brettell said in reaction to the latest data.

"These are really strong numbers given the headwinds the economy is currently facing."

The ONS added that the UK employment rate was estimated at 76.1 percent, which was the joint-highest figure on record.

You are asking the wrong person as I voted against independence in the Scotland one.

Maybe it’s tagged as Independence-Lite. Like Sprite. Presume the SNP would argue that the ‘control’ exerted by the EU is not as invasive as Westminster. But think that’s a debate for Indy 2050.
I know I was just wondering if you knew why people want to be independent then join a union of 27 countries who will dictate your countries policies and enforce rules including the euro and possibly taxation as well as of course forcing countries to denationalise as the EU has a policy of open door to trade and believes in an open market not nationalisation which is also where Corbyn falls if he becomes PM as he won't be able to nationalise industries like trains and buses.

The UK to be poorer for thirty years, and yet those most likely to vote for it won't be around to suffer the effects, it'll be their children, and their children's children, who will be poorer.

upload_2019-5-18_12-6-31.png

The UK to be poorer for thirty years, and yet those most likely to vote for it won't be around to suffer the effects, it'll be their children, and their children's children, who will be poorer.

View attachment 108985
Oh you also forgot to mention that the older people get the less likely they are to support Labour because they have realised how much money they have lost when they are in government and the children who are in the 18-24 category will be in the other columns when they get older that is how Britain has always worked people move to the right the older the get. 18 years old tend to be dreamers who think they will change the world and cure all diseases and climate change. We were all young and thought life would be a breeze once.

Now the baby boomers generation are old there are less children being born so the population will be top heavy with older people so Brexit is still more likely than remain in the future.

Yep! For that you need total sovereignty and that means no EU. Glad we agree. :thumbsup:

"If you are not a Liberal at 25, you have no heart. If you are not a Conservative at 35 you have no brain"

Hey I didn't make it up :D

Well I'm 45 and I'd cut my hand off before putting a cross next to the Tories on a ballot paper.

Maybe I have no brain.

View attachment 108985

Chop that brexit candidate is not the oracle, nigel hasn't said he thinks we'll be worse off for thirty years, it's not the brexit party's official opinion. For all we know this woman could be a plant to try and damage the brexit cause and will just say stupid things on twitter, she looks like she's just out of nappies, what does she know about economics??

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back