Brexit - whats the difference.....

It's not even so much about left and right anymore, it's about neoliberalism (capitalism on steroids) vs pretty much everything else. The thing is, the EU facilitates the increasing disparity between people who have it all and people who have nothing. Behind the veneer you'll see the same power structure as any greedy corporation.

The thing is, neoliberalism has a finite life cycle as the pool of people for the 'haves' to leech off becomes smaller and wealth becomes more concentrated.

It's not even so much about left and right anymore, it's about neoliberalism (capitalism on steroids) vs pretty much everything else. The thing is, the EU facilitates the increasing disparity between people who have it all and people who have nothing. Behind the veneer you'll see the same power structure as any greedy corporation.

The thing is, neoliberalism has a finite life cycle as the pool of people for the 'haves' to leech off becomes smaller and wealth becomes more concentrated.

It warms the cockles of my heart to see you mention neoliberalism, tony blair was a big proponent of that and he loves the EU.
do you think the EU is part of the global government plan - a stepping stone to the end of nation state democracies and the mega corporations/billionaires running the world ? [In the true sense of having the power to influence/shape the key decisions]

On a different note.
What’s folks opinions of Carl Benjamin and tommy Robinson running for MEP?.
I think it’s great the elite and the establishment are all looking to smear and run and hide.
I’ll be voting the Brexit party, but the above mentioned two will cause mayhem, and that’s superb.
Tommy Robinson has been demonised from the outset, it’s pretty laughable.
I’m not overly keen on the guy but agree with most of what he says on Islam.
Carl Benjamin is spot on regarding his free speech stance, and I’d also definitely NOT rape Jess Phillips.

they are getting closer to what they always wanted, 2nd referendum, whats the point of voting
If we vote to leave again nothing will change, they still wont agree a deal.

It is just a long running shambles.

But if there is a 2nd referendum i would bet Remain would win as all the people who never bothered voting in last referendum as they thought result was a forgone conclusion would vote 2nd time around.

So if it's another Leave result, say 51% - 49%, do we keep having Referendums until the Remainers get their way? Just curious

I think a referendum a year is reasonable. Two's pushing it. Scotland could fire theirs into the mix, as can the Irish, and we can maybe save on a three for one deal.

Just like that woman in charge up here in Scotland:rolleyes:. People are pissed off in England at thought of a 2nd referendum whilst we have to put up with her and her SNP wanting one every year till she gets the result she craves.
She's spouting tripe there won't be a second referendum that's what the nationalists want to hear and with the Euro elections coming up there's no better time for her to beating the drums again. .

BIZARRE STORY OF THE WEEK:
It has been proposed by Alex Smith and backed by a cross-party Parliamentary panel on social integration that people who use self service tills in supermarkets should pay 1p tax or charge in order to....fund projects to heal divisions caused by Brexit :confused:

The chairman of the panel is none other than remain numpty and change UK MP Chukup Ummuna

It is unclear whether or not Change UK will adopt the proposals as official policy but spokesman Mr Umunna said: 'We all know that Brexit has been incredibly divisive but what we have seen over the course of this inquiry suggests that generational division extends far beyond the realm of politics, into our daily lives.

'This report sets out the beginnings of a framework where local, regional and national government can work together to foster stronger connections between generations.

'Now, more than ever, we need to act to bring our country back together and move forward as one.

A Leave voting MP is called a traitor, a 'Remoaner', and a snowflake for not being Brexity enough. You can actually see the horror on his face as it slowly dawns on him that these are the sorts of people his populist nonsense bullshit has inspired.

This is what happens when you try to placate the right instead of fight it.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

upload_2019-5-22_7-45-24.png

A Leave voting MP is called a traitor, a 'Remoaner', and a snowflake for not being Brexity enough. You can actually see the horror on his face as it slowly dawns on him that these are the sorts of people his populist nonsense bullshit has inspired.

This is what happens when you try to placate the right instead of fight it.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

View attachment 109107

I fail to see what your point is.

I think that lady is the epitome of how a lot of the general public are feeling. Rather than explaining why he voted for May's deal, he tried to brush her off- a sign of how out of touch some of these MPs are.

He was the one coming across as 'precious' in that video. All he had to do was defuse the situation, perhaps explain why it was in her best interests for the WA to go through, instead he told her to get lost in not so many words.

Furthermore, the tweet itself is rather inflammatory and I doubt your assertion of that lady belonging to 'the right' is anywhere near accurate. Brexit is not exclusively a left vs right scenario; though I appreciate it makes it a lot easier for remainers to fight it on that precedent.

I think that lady is the epitome of how a lot of the general public are feeling.

But she doesn't actually say anything of any substance. She basically just rants and abuses him for a few minutes.

My comment about placating the right was in a broader sense, not this individual lady. May trying to appease the headbangers in her own ranks has a lot to answer for as to where we've ended up.

There is a parallel universe where we went for an EFTA deal three years ago, left the EU, and avoided a monstrous culture war.

But she doesn't actually say anything of any substance. She basically just rants and abuses him for a few minutes.

My comment about placating the right was in a broader sense, not this individual lady. May trying to appease the headbangers in her own ranks has a lot to answer for as to where we've ended up.

There is a parallel universe where we went for an EFTA deal three years ago, left the EU, and avoided a monstrous culture war.

Yes, but the MP hardly said anything of substance either. Some MPs would do well to remember that they are actually public servants. The only differences between the lady and the MP in that video comes in the form of their attire and accent. Ideologically speaking, they were both equally as vacuous.

On your last point- I would have been quite happy with a Norway style agreement.

I thought she was pretty cool and switched on that's why the mp got flummoxed and defensive, he voted for may's terrible deal for party political reasons ahead of brexit. I think he was actually a brexiteer, I'm sure I saw a video of him addressing an audience of voters in the local pub or conservative association. obviously a bit of a turn coat though...he has to look down when he says he voted for the 'deal'

edit: watching the whole vid, she did cross the line a bit as it went on, he came back with ' I know about people with big mouths and access to a keyboard' which gave me a chuckle but to be fair to the lady she was there in person not behind a keyboard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back