Brexit - whats the difference.....

Chop that brexit candidate is not the oracle, nigel hasn't said he thinks we'll be worse off for thirty years, it's not the brexit party's official opinion. For all we know this woman could be a plant to try and damage the brexit cause and will just say stupid things on twitter, she looks like she's just out of nappies, what does she know about economics??

So basically mack, you're actively trying to discredit a Brexit Party candidate as not knowing what she's talking about to try and debunk what she said.

Can you not take a step back from this mack, and look at the insane contortions that Brexiteers are now prepared to go through to try and validate their positions?

Is there no point at which some doubt starts to creep in, and you think, 'Hang on, this might not be the best idea after all'?

What will it take at this point, a sign from God?

It's entering the realms of zealotry, steveh35 said he'd literally be prepared to live jobless in a dirty flat if it meant 'escaping' from the EU and being free, from, erm, something.

So basically mack, you're actively trying to discredit a Brexit Party candidate as not knowing what she's talking about to try and debunk what she said.

Can you not take a step back from this mack, and look at the insane contortions that Brexiteers are now prepared to go through to try and validate their positions?

Is there no point at which some doubt starts to creep in, and you think, 'Hang on, this might not be the best idea after all'?

It's entering the realms of zealotry, steveh35 said he'd literally be prepared to live jobless in a dirty flat if it meant 'escaping' from the EU and being free, from, erm, something.
Indeed I want to be free not locked in the EU prison with Junckers prison guards telling me what light bulbs I can use and how much meat I can eat in case the cows fart too much and cause global catastrophe. I mean even the BBC News has started doing stories about cows farting too much and causing methane the BBC which used to be a serious news broadcaster has now come down to doing stories on cows flatulence to prove their global warming theories

That's nothing. I saw a report fairly recently either on BBC or Sky News (which is as bad if not worse) stating how scientists were planning on re-freezing the ice caps or such like to combat Global Warming.

This is the Balamory phase we're at now people

It was the same with the ukip party, channel four did a documentary/stitch up, and found some ukip councillors with old fashioned views not acceptable in the politically correct britain, in order to disparage and damage ukip before the referendum. Why would a true brexit candidate say off the top of her head that brexit will make the uk worse off for 30 years??! it's laughable I don't need to do much debunking or insane contortions, it stinks to high heaven :laugh:

I was looking forward to your reply/viewpoint on the technocracy points made earlier, instead of which the focus now shifts to this unknown woman making a gaffe on purpose by the sounds of it.

That's nothing. I saw a report fairly recently either on BBC or Sky News (which is as bad if not worse) stating how scientists were planning on re-freezing the ice caps or such like to combat Global Warming.

No they are actually and be very frightened, they are planning on freezing the earth's magnetic poles in the name of global warming, now scientists have always been portrayed as nutty but to go messing with the earth's magnetic poles is just lunacy.

It was the same with the ukip party, channel four did a documentary/stitch up, and found some ukip councillors with old fashioned views not acceptable in the politically correct britain, in order to disparage and damage ukip before the referendum. Why would a true brexit candidate say off the top of her head that brexit will make the uk worse off for 30 years??! it's laughable I don't need to do much debunking or insane contortions, it stinks to high heaven :laugh:

I was looking forward to your reply/viewpoint on the technocracy points made earlier, instead of which the focus now shifts to this unknown woman making a gaffe on purpose by the sounds of it.

According to the actual Brexit Party, she's a star candidate.

(I will reply to your other points as well mack.)

upload_2019-5-18_12-45-21.png

The brexit party are clever enough to have designed a logo which points at the box on the ballot paper where to put the cross, it is very cleverly manipulated and shows they have thought of everything at first I thought the logo was a mistake as it pointed to the EU and thought it should point left but the design is very clever.

According to the actual Brexit Party, she's a star candidate.

(I will reply to your other points as well mack.)

View attachment 108987

I just went back and listened to that clip, even the bbc presenter Nicky Campbell couldn't believe it when she said that, it's not even a claim arch remainers have made that'll take 30 years before we sort ourselves out...the lady is an opera singer so I doubt economics is her speciality. looks like she got the nod because she's a well spoken young woman and that ticks the identity politics game box.

edit: it said lucy is our latest star candidate, they're just bigging her up as she's an unknown, it's not easy to find good people that want to become an mep and also face a possible life time of hostility from remainers

Last edited:
I just went back and listened to that clip, even the bbc presenter Nicky Campbell couldn't believe it when she said that, it's not even a claim arch remainers have made that'll take 30 years before we sort ourselves out...the lady is an opera singer so I doubt economics is her speciality. looks like she got the nod because she's a well spoken young woman and that ticks the identity politics game box.

So the Brexit Party are fielding candidates that literally have no idea what they're talking about, even though they describe that person as a 'star candidate', and are only doing so to cynically exploit identity politics?

Sounds like a great party to vote for.

So the Brexit Party are fielding candidates that literally have no idea what they're talking about, even though they describe that person as a 'star candidate', and are only doing so to cynically exploit identity politics?

Sounds like a great party to vote for.

That's the game unfortunately, you've got to have somebody from every background, all the political parties do it. If the brexit party's candidates were 100% old white codgers, even if they were the best candidates available on a qualification/merit basis, they'd be labelled racist and sexist and lose votes.

I said she was either a plant by the establishment or didn't know much about economics, she might know stuff about other parts of brexit, but I find it odd that she was fielded for this interview on a flagship radio show and when she gave that answer even nicky campbell couldn't believe it, he was taken aback, therefore even he a remainer doesn't think it's true.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
That's the game unfortunately, you've got to have somebody from every background, all the political parties do it. If the brexit party's candidates were 100% old white codgers, even if they were the best candidates available on a qualification/merit basis, they'd be labelled racist and sexist and lose votes.

I said she was either a plant by the establishment or didn't know much about economics, she might know stuff about other parts of brexit, but I find it odd that she was fielded for this interview on a flagship radio show and when she gave that answer even nicky campbell couldn't believe it, he was taken aback, therefore even he a remainer doesn't think it's true.:rolleyes:

I think he was just gobsmacked to see someone from the Brexit Party come out and tell the truth about the economics of Brexit. (Remember, every single economic projection says the UK economy will suffer, the only variable is by how much.)

The angle she was going for was, 'The hardship is worth it', but then categorically told the truth about what that hardship would look like.

TBH I could hardly believe she said it either, because it's a painful, horrible truth that Brexiteers generally avoid like the plague.

(Remember Rees-Mogg let the mask slip as well, when he said that the economic benefits of Brexit might not be felt for fifty years.)

I think he was just gobsmacked to see someone from the Brexit Party come out and tell the truth about the economics of Brexit. (Remember, every single economic projection says the UK economy will suffer, the only variable is by how much.)

The angle she was going for was, 'The hardship is worth it', but then categorically told the truth about what that hardship would look like.

TBH I could hardly believe she said it either, because it's a painful, horrible truth that Brexiteers generally avoid like the plague.

(Remember Rees-Mogg let the mask slip as well, when he said that the economic benefits of Brexit might not be felt for fifty years.)

I think the economic benefits will be felt straightaway due to saving 15 billion sterling being sent to the EU, instead that can be spent here or saved to pay off the national debt, nobody knows what the world enomy is going to be like in two years so you can't predict markets etc..we know what remain looks like, it's not great, a lot of money wasted, stretched services, higher crime and homelessness, mountains of rules and laws, an eu army on the horizon and the further surrender of sovereignty...

Last edited:
Indeed I want to be free not locked in the EU prison with Junckers prison guards telling me what light bulbs I can use and how much meat I can eat in case the cows fart too much and cause global catastrophe. I mean even the BBC News has started doing stories about cows farting too much and causing methane the BBC which used to be a serious news broadcaster has now come down to doing stories on cows flatulence to prove their global warming theories

Yep, the EU are planning a tax on wind - how will I afford my 'carbon credits'??? :eek::eek:

Now when my daughter was little I sat through Balamory numerous times, shocking stuff. A remote Scottish loch community, apparently a hotbed of multiculturalism with the check-box characters. As it was for little kids even the BBC recoiled from a gay character though to go in with all the other gender-Asian-black strereotypes, but we all knew *ahem* what Archie, in pink, was all about.....
Rather uncomfortably, I started having fantasies about Miss Hoolie's 'awakening' lol....:eek2::laugh:

Why does it all have to be about purely financial motives or self-gain.......many voted for various reasons, including sovereignty. Sorry to sound a bit Third Reich but I am a thicko Brexiteer!

Because a lot of the disdain for people voting Brexit comes from middle class individuals who have a vested financial interest in remaining. The type of people who directly benefit from the fact that there is a continuous cheap supply of labour which helps to keep their wages inflated.

For remainers it's generally ALL about the financial side of things... They fail to realise that for a lot of leavers, it isn't.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about

-again

Piss-poor troll attempt, even for you. But note how this discussion is centered and mainly discussed by those involved in its outcome. Not lame-ass trolls from 'Tampere'

Clue is in the "Br"

So are the rest of us not allowed to participate in this discussion? Does is not involve the rest of the EU member states when UK leaves? We are not involved or affected by the outcome of it?

This is a great thread. I'm enjoying it tremendously. Pure comedy gold at times.

But the thread goes beyond the actual Brexit topic. I didn't see that post from @vorcirion as trollish. To me, it was an observation of the deeper issues. Perhaps with somewhat harsher words than I would've used. But still, not a troll post.

So are the rest of us not allowed to participate in this discussion? Does is not involve the rest of the EU member states when UK leaves? We are not involved or affected by the outcome of it?

This is a great thread. I'm enjoying it tremendously. Pure comedy gold at times.

But the thread goes beyond the actual Brexit topic. I didn't see that post from @vorcirion as trollish. To me, it was an observation of the deeper issues. Perhaps with somewhat harsher words than I would've used. But still, not a troll post.
I disagree. He insults and denigrates in every post, mainly as a continuation of his Trump disdain. Hardly effective discussion, but so be it :laugh:

we have got some deep issues in the uk but membership of the EU is having a worsening effect on them plus it's costing us 15 billion every year, if everyone posted like vorciron there wouldn't be a forum, it's not just trolling but an intent to insult and belittle without ever actually putting forward a reasoned argument.

I disagree. He insults and denigrates in every post, mainly as a continuation of his Trump disdain. Hardly effective discussion, but so be it :laugh:
we have got some deep issues in the uk but membership of the EU is having a worsening effect on them plus it's costing us 15 billion every year, if everyone posted like vorciron there wouldn't be a forum, it's not just trolling but an intent to insult and belittle without ever actually putting forward a reasoned argument.

I disagree.

Some of us non English speakers use language constructions which might not be that eloquent sounding to native speakers ears. And in political discussions there's always a level of built-in dislike of the opposing views. They should not be seen as insulting or a form of denigration. Unless of course if they clearly are.

I understand it's a heated topic, but was it really an intent to insult or belittle? I don't think so.

As for disdain for Trump. Who in their right would not criticize him? :p

I disagree.

Some of us non English speakers use language constructions which might not be that eloquent sounding to native speakers ears. And in political discussions there's always a level of built-in dislike of the opposing views. They should not be seen as insulting or a form of denigration. Unless of course if they clearly are.

I understand it's a heated topic, but was it really an intent to insult or belittle? I don't think so.

As for disdain for Trump. Who in their right would not criticize him? :p

please could you quote the original 'offending' post alongside our posts :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back