Brexit - whats the difference.....

Yes, the EU regeneration funds were disbursed very heavily towards projects of that nature, stuff that isn't very 'glamorous' and is often neglected, but has a great societal value, and is generally targeted at poorer areas and/or stuff like social housing.

It is not clear at all that they will be replaced by the UK government, hence reports such as this.

So yes, technically we do regain 'control' of the spend, but you're then relying on the kind and generous nature of a bunch of multi-millionaire Tories to, for example, help out poor people with social housing.

View attachment 148886

View attachment 148887
Cheers, will have a read.

this is all coming home to roust now as it affects my work.

see I’m a key worker as I do the testing and fault finding, surveying for new builds (social housing) and planning.

we have over 32 separate blocks of flats in manchester within the contract, I won’t tell you how many are social as it’s not relevant, but they are all funded by the EU..

the more expensive as I mentioned earlier are private and they go for upwards of 6million, yeah it’s not a typo..

but the more exclusive of the builds I’ll be working on are behind months upon months of sign off due to funding.

the social housing flats, houses etc that I’ve on my planning are all either almost bang on target or close, this is solely due to the funding and financial side already been paid, signed off or put in place by the EU and certain funding it provided.

as said, I voted brexit.

little did I know the effects it would have on me, the more lucrative contracts we hold are now so far behind due to funding its embarrassing.

Just saying it as it is as i always do, I’ve no horse in any race I just say what I see.

Just a short one,

as you know I voted brexit etc..

anyhow the past few months it’s astonishing how many sites, new builds etc ive been on that have been solely funded by the EU, I’m talking almost all of them..

just hoping now we left there is something in place to replace what we lost regards the above.

many projects I’m now managing are massive, one will be the biggest high rise in manchester, guess whom paid and funded it? The EU and it’s projects..

this is paid for and signed off so no issues, but what about future projects?

as a massive advocate of brexit I’m happy to say work wise I may of shot myself in the foot.

Was replying but seen Chopley got in their first re the Shared Prosperity Fund that they said would 'match' the previous levels. But, as yet, and in line with most things so far, there's been very little detail.

Come on up to Scotland - they're daft on these City Deals they've got knocking about, plus the SNP love their Social Housing so Nicola will be down the back of sofa to make sure there's no dent on their progress :p

Even if you run with 'oh, they'll be more now', that's no guarantee that the money will flow back to where it was originally spent in the past - different political agendas etc.

Was replying but seen Chopley got in their first re the Shared Prosperity Fund that they said would 'match' the previous levels. But, as yet, and in line with most things so far, there's been very little detail.

Come on up to Scotland - they're daft on these City Deals they've got knocking about, plus the SNP love their Social Housing so Nicola will be down the back of sofa to make sure there's no dent on their progress :p

Even if you run with 'oh, they'll be more now', that's no guarantee that the money will flow back to where it was originally spent in the past - different political agendas etc.
I’m due in Edinburgh mate roughly April to address certain issues, it’s all funding related, it’s not a problem I can fix.

we got a massive contract there, but without funding bringing the project upto the level we can work on or with its utterly pointless.

Just a short one,

as you know I voted brexit etc..

anyhow the past few months it’s astonishing how many sites, new builds etc ive been on that have been solely funded by the EU, I’m talking almost all of them..

just hoping now we left there is something in place to replace what we lost regards the above.

many projects I’m now managing are massive, one will be the biggest high rise in manchester, guess whom paid and funded it? The EU and it’s projects..

this is paid for and signed off so no issues, but what about future projects?

as a massive advocate of brexit I’m happy to say work wise I may of shot myself in the foot.
You bloody bar steward!
But it was only ever a part of what we put in.
The side of the bus was very romantic but look at what we have got now.
And just look at America!
For me? I would like to live in Sweden :p

You bloody bar steward!
But it was only ever a part of what we put in.
The side of the bus was very romantic but look at what we have got now.
And just look at America!
For me? I would like to live in Sweden :p
I’d love to take Isabelle and live in sweden mate, I’d take her in a heartbeat.

Fair point.

only going on when I get said projects, I get the budgeting etc from the start..

also what we have whilst said project is ongoing.

I’ve now enough work on paper to see me into retirement (in theory)

but it’s after these projects, they are officially EU funded, I’ve seen it.

where will the other funding come from?

Looking at the last two weeks offerings.

I would be seriously renegotiating your food budget :thumbsup:

Looking at the last two weeks offerings.

I would be seriously renegotiating your food budget :thumbsup:
Can’t be arsed cooking when I’ve been on site working since sometimes 5 in the morning mate.

im also on the laptop working till gone 7 most nights, so al la carte isn’t possible...

tonight’s offerings is better, stay tuned pal !

Can’t be arsed cooking when I’ve been on site working since sometimes 5 in the morning mate.

im also on the laptop working till gone 7 most nights, so al la carte isn’t possible...

tonight’s offerings is better, stay tuned pal !

When we were ever working away overnight, we used to get £25 cash in our hand daily, tax free (this was over 25 years ago) Hotel was paid for, the money was just for food and drink, we either ate at the Hotel or somewhere local., depending what country we was in. No way would we of been preparing our own food, if late on site, the hotel would of been warned and prepared us something in advance and left in the fridge.

When we were ever working away overnight, we used to get £25 cash in our hand daily, tax free (this was over 25 years ago) Hotel was paid for, the money was just for food and drink, we either ate at the Hotel or somewhere local., depending what country we was in. No way would we of been preparing our own food, if late on site, the hotel would of been warned and prepared us something in advance and left in the fridge.
We get 4k a year on top of our salary, tax free.

just with lockdown mate and been busy I ain’t the will nor energy.

I’m in a nice apartment, could cook decent stuff but it’s me being lazy lol

I wouldn't like to be the hotel manager if you came back and no food was prepared :eek2: :p

'What did i tell you: you were warned'

'eek!'

The hotel would have been like a scene post Rolling Stones stay over :p

I wouldn't like to be the hotel manager if you came back and no food was prepared :eek2: :p

'eek!'

We was lucky and we tended to be put up in decent hotels, with their own restaurants, Sometimes we could even get them to do us some decent sausages for breakfast, can't eat all that continental healthy crap daily.

We was lucky and we tended to be put up in decent hotels, with their own restaurants, Sometimes we could even get them to do us some decent sausages for breakfast, can't eat all that continental healthy crap daily.
Tend to do more Air B n B's now but the quality of hotel breakfasts has really gone downhill.

Places like Malmaison charge you 12 quid for a shitty sausage, a fat laden bit of bacon and a burnt egg (good going to burn an egg)

Buffet breakfasts (I was always first down, not cos hungry but to avoid people potentially breaking their filth on them - and that was 10-20 years pre covid) are few and far between.

What was worse was going down and finding out they only did cereal and continental: that's not a breakfast, that's a quick snack.

Edit - see you said the same about the Danish type breakfast as i typed that:laugh: - probably the most deplorable thing a hotel breakfast can be

Tend to do more Air B n B's now but the quality of hotel breakfasts has really gone downhill.

Places like Malmaison charge you 12 quid for a shitty sausage, a fat laden bit of bacon and a burnt egg (good going to burn an egg)

Buffet breakfasts (I was always first down, not cos hungry but to avoid people potentially breaking their filth on them - and that was 10-20 years pre covid) are few and far between.

What was worse was going down and finding out they only did cereal and continental: that's not a breakfast, that's a quick snack.

Edit - see you said the same about the Danish type breakfast as i typed that:laugh: - probably the most deplorable thing a hotel breakfast can be

I still remember my first week away working abroad, we was in Prague and didn't land till gone 10pm because of delays, so was 11 by the time we got to our rooms, so it was pop outside see whats open, ended up having a KFC ffs. Few beers off to bed

Thought no worries, have a decent breakie in the morn.

Walked into the restaurant and all i could see was fruit, cereal with fruit, cheese and ham with grapes, I,m like wheres the fucking real food, i even looked around the corners and checked we had not walked in the wrong door. My mates were pissing themselves. They just said get a coffee and you,ll have the best hotdog you have ever tasted, at teabreak. OMG they were right. Proper foot long in a proper roll. Had about 10 different flavours and all proper meat, i think i must of tried them all.

'eek!'

I am presuming that Gaz is really Jeremy Clarkson from this point on!

I am presuming that Gaz is really Jeremy Clarkson from this point on!

Nah, i would not slap someone over a steak.

I like Clarkson, but he was complete bell end then.

When i said earlier we would warn the hotel, i more meant we would not be back until after the restaurant had closed and could they sort us out some tucker.

We always treated the staff well, tipped them everyday and was never rude, which helps, when your hoping for a favour.

I was just thinking after Colin posted that about Clarkson.

I think if i had just finished a 12hr shift and the chef put a Rustlers burger in front of me. It would defiantly be a count to ten time, sip of Shiraz and breath.
Chef would have been long gone and drinking something stronger than Shiraz :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back