Brexit - whats the difference.....

I find it fascinating how he claims to be fighting against the 'political elite', despite the fact he's stood as an MP seven times (and never succeeded once), and has been a salary-drawing MEP for 20 years, although of course he hardly ever turns up and when he does it's just to get his anti-EU video made before he fucks off again.

At one UK election he was beaten by a man wearing a dolphin costume.

Fear not brexiteers, Jacob Reese Mogg's sister is standing in the EU elections for Nigel Farage's brexit party, a staunch conservative since age 5 (in 1984 of all years) and from one of the most trustworthy families who are definitely 100% behind yours and the countries interests over their own (/s)

Couldn't make this shit up, we're gonna have 2 Reese Moggs spouting their horseshit on the news every night for the next six months, wasn't one already enough?

The cable is having a free HBO/Max weekend here.
I just watch this Brexit documentary last night.

was it any good? I'd expect Benedict Cumberbatch to be a remainer so anticipate this drama didn't paint 'leavers' in a good light, similar in some respects to hillary's 'deplorables' possibly?
He was great in Patrick Melrose, so I'm a Cumberbatch convert. Or just 'Cum-head' for short! No, wait........

But a Brexit film, despite his talents, just seems like a frightful bore

Flipper can be such a brute
He was great in Patrick Melrose, so I'm a Cumberbatch convert. Or just 'Cum-head' for short! No, wait........
sorry, those combined thoughts brought a joke to mind

what do you get when you cross a horny dolphin with a poet?

E E Cummings :D

was it any good? I'd expect Benedict Cumberbatch to be a remainer so anticipate this drama didn't paint 'leavers' in a good light, similar in some respects to hillary's 'deplorables' possibly?

it s was good, but it was the other way, all about the leavers and how they used Cambridge Analytica data. Go to the scene at 50 seconds in. It said at the end an estimated 1 billion ads were show.

I find it fascinating how he claims to be fighting against the 'political elite', despite the fact he's stood as an MP seven times (and never succeeded once), and has been a salary-drawing MEP for 20 years, although of course he hardly ever turns up and when he does it's just to get his anti-EU video made before he fucks off again.

At one UK election he was beaten by a man wearing a dolphin costume.

There's no place for violence in the democratic process, whatever the opposition is dressed as. :eek:

But a Brexit film, despite his talents, just seems like a frightful bore

It was quite good, but has the same indulgent script and over-acting as BC was panned for in that dreadful Christmas Sherlock nonsense. The remoaning foil-hatters (losers) will lap it up.

it s was good, but it was the other way, all about the leavers and how they used Cambridge Analytica data. Go to the scene at 50 seconds in. It said at the end an estimated 1 billion ads were show.

I could only manage 30 mins, it was cringe worthy, nigel farage was portrayed as a cross between del boy and arthur daley, all the main leave characters were portrayed as devious, like pantomime villians whereas the remain characters were all serious looking and highbrow.

The clear message being inferred was 'you leavers were duped by these con artists, you should have trusted the good guys'

The BC character, dominic cummings, [no wonder the leave campaign never mentioned his name :laugh:] was sort of an outsider not really interested in brexit but roped into run the campaign as he was supposed to be some sort of maverick genius.

The cambridge analytica story causing the result of brexit is on the same level of truth as the russians won trump the election.
I very much doubt any remain voters were convinced to vote leave due to facebook etc.. but I think many people undecided would have voted remain due to the sheer weight of govt propaganda and scare stories from the media.

Interesting that the Brexiteers continue to argue emotionally rather than against proven facts.

The leave campaign was a giant con. The most successful ever, perhaps. But it was a con, and it conned a lot of people.

Lol i just wish the whole thing was done with.

Personally beyond caring whether we remain or leave just sick of hearing about the damned thing and also sick of hearing Sturgeon using it to rattle on about another independence vote up here.

Main difference is her Referendum a few years ago was a legally binding one the EU vote was just an advisory vote that the Government decided to go with people opinion and push it through.

The EU Referendum came at a good time for leave voters as countries were getting flooded with immigrants and there was so many terrorist attacks occurring worldwide. People can deny it all they wish but main reason a lot of people but not all voted leave was they thought doing so would stop any more foreigners coming to this country. A lot would not have known or even cared how leaving would affect the country they were just under the opinion leave and we will have less foreigners allowed in this country. That was shown at the time by the interviews in many of the towns and villages where people were open about their feelings and a lot did not even try to hide their racist views as they explained exactly why they votted to leave.

Knowing now that leaving would not stop immigration to this country their are many that would not have bothered voting at all.

Lol i just wish the whole thing was done with.

Personally beyond caring whether we remain or leave just sick of hearing about the damned thing and also sick of hearing Sturgeon using it to rattle on about another independence vote up here.

Main difference is her Referendum a few years ago was a legally binding one the EU vote was just an advisory vote that the Government decided to go with people opinion and push it through.

The EU Referendum came at a good time for leave voters as countries were getting flooded with immigrants and there was so many terrorist attacks occurring worldwide. People can deny it all they wish but main reason a lot of people but not all voted leave was they thought doing so would stop any more foreigners coming to this country. A lot would not have known or even cared how leaving would affect the country they were just under the opinion leave and we will have less foreigners allowed in this country. That was shown at the time by the interviews in many of the towns and villages where people were open about their feelings and a lot did not even try to hide their racist views as they explained exactly why they votted to leave.

Knowing now that leaving would not stop immigration to this country their are many that would not have bothered voting at all.

I think the leave vote was fuelled by a sense that there is now too much disorder and chaos in the country with all the public services under extra strain, homelessness etc..the rise in crime doesn't go unnoticed. Add on top the democratic sovereignty reasons and the membership fee £10 billion +...

There is no such thing as “managed no deal”.

There is no trade deal with the EU without accepting indivisible rights that clash with May’s red lines.

The referendum vote would have been annulled due to widespread illegality had it been a binding vote.

The NHS will suffer if we leave. We may lose it entirely. They’re already struggling to recruit staff.

The German Car Manufacturers are not going to save us.

Since the vote, we’ve declined as an economy.

Brexit risk to trade is already happening as shortages of medicines and other goods are kicking in before we’ve even left (due to the lead times of shipping. Nobody wants their stuff stuck at ports.)

Brexit will leave us poorer as a nation. And things will cost more.

That’s just a few things. Now I’m off to deal with some wasps. They remind me of angry Brexiteers, but yellow and black instead of pink and sweaty ;)

I think the leave vote was fuelled by a sense that there is now too much disorder and chaos in the country with all the public services under extra strain, homelessness etc..the rise in crime doesn't go unnoticed. Add on top the democratic sovereignty reasons and the membership fee £10 billion +...

But take away the votes of many that don't even have a clue about that and it will have lost. During the process i watched many programmes up here and people admitted they had no clue about many of those things but by leaving EU they would have no foreigners living in their villages. And the debate on here has been about many lies both sides told. The amount that voted leave due to immigrants is Fact.

There's no doubt whipping the public into a frenzy over immigration played a large part in the Leave campaign, I don't think anyone can deny that. Classics include:

brexit.jpg

So it was largely fear-driven and played on current sentiment. But also 'promised' was a thorough shake-up of public services and savings galore in the national interest, namely pouring millions into the NHS weekly etc

So it was largely fear-driven and played on current sentiment. But also 'promised' was a thorough shake-up of public services and savings galore in the national interest, namely pouring millions into the NHS weekly etc

Aye. And people should’ve heard the giant alarm bells that it was often Tories claiming that they could go bigger on public services without the red tape of the EU. Except that being the antithesis of what Tories stand for.

What a mess. Still, nearly all in the past.

Aye. And people should’ve heard the giant alarm bells that it was often Tories claiming that they could go bigger on public services without the red tape of the EU. Except that being the antithesis of what Tories stand for.

What a mess. Still, nearly all in the past.
I think most people were fully conscious of the fact that the Tories were incompetent self-serving toerags, it's just that a vote was presented to people and they were in charge.

That's not to say I'd entrust Jezza Corbyn to negotiate a better outcome. Nor did many anticipate Brexit taking so long to conclude by our Keystone Cops Government

Corbyn’s Labour is not Labour.

Our politics is broken, and leaving the EU isn’t going to help anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back