Brexit - whats the difference.....

Anyone following the Huawei story? Basically the UK want to deal with Huawei because 'BUSINESS' and 'TRADE DEALS' for our 5G network, whereas the US think they're dangerous Commies and if we do business with Huawei we risk upsetting our relationship with the US.

In fairness other EU countries are under similar pressures, but they're not about to voluntarily remove themselves from the single largest and most powerful trading bloc in the world.

As someone summarised it this morning:

upload_2019-5-9_7-15-9.png

Anyone following the Huawei story? Basically the UK want to deal with Huawei because 'BUSINESS' and 'TRADE DEALS' for our 5G network, whereas the US think they're dangerous Commies and if we do business with Huawei we risk upsetting our relationship with the US.

In fairness other EU countries are under similar pressures, but they're not about to voluntarily remove themselves from the single largest and most powerful trading bloc in the world.

View attachment 108589
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: we already do business with Huawei.

View attachment 108589

I think this opposition to Huawei from the US [or parts of the US administration] is also linked to that lady from huawei, Meng Wanzhou, being extradited to the US from canada.

The EU is a pompous dictatorship that likes issuing hundreds of rules, and they would rather shoot themselves in the foot than come to a reasonable and mutually beneficial deal with the UK. Although that is only half the issue, the other half is the PM who is negotiating brexit is a remainer...

I think this opposition to Huawei from the US [or parts of the US administration] is also linked to that lady from huawei, Meng Wanzhou, being extradited to the US from canada.

The EU is a pompous dictatorship that likes issuing hundreds of rules, and they would rather shoot themselves in the foot than come to a reasonable and mutually beneficial deal with the UK. Although that is only half the issue, the other half is the PM who is negotiating brexit is a remainer...

Agreed. Whilst I don’t work in Tech so don’t have the usual amoral approach to business/life in general, let’s not forget that China IS a dictatorship with a questionable human rights policy and authoritarian regime - anyone seen their “social credits” system being rolled out across the country?

5G is a massive step up in terms of communication and will be replacing the majority of even landbased communcation methods due to its speed. I wouldn't want what is an expansionist, communist dictatorship nation to be privy to that sort deal, the risks outweigh the benefits massively from a national security point of view.

So yes, the US is right to question their involvement and the UK shouldn’t be entertaining it at all, which is why when the story was leaked it was such big news.

Agreed. Whilst I don’t work in Tech so don’t have the usual amoral approach to business/life in general, let’s not forget that China IS a dictatorship with a questionable human rights policy and authoritarian regime - anyone seen their “social credits” system being rolled out across the country?

5G is a massive step up in terms of communication and will be replacing the majority of even landbased communcation methods due to its speed. I wouldn't want what is an expansionist, communist dictatorship nation to be privy to that sort deal, the risks outweigh the benefits massively from a national security point of view.

So yes, the US is right to question their involvement and the UK shouldn’t be entertaining it at all, which is why when the story was leaked it was such big news.

yes the social credits system is very sinister, and I'm not 100% sure but I believe the big tech companies like facebook are involved??
I wonder will the 5G technology endanger birds etc in the uk if it's that powerful ?

Agree. But I would replace "EU" with "a bunch of bureaucrats the we let control it".

Problem is we need their money and we need them to keep doing the invesments they do.
Its "boring" economic talk but it's true.

Problem is we need their money and we need them to keep doing the invesments they do.
Its "boring" economic talk but it's true.

I don’t think its a question of ecomics more a question of morality and national security. Depends where you sit on the fence on both.

People need food and jobs. If they don't have it they forget morality.
I am only saying that we should a) realize that we depend on China and b) do something so that we don't.

Well thats one view on it, i’m not sure they do actually. Hence the general disgust at the arms industry from the general UK population for example, despite bringing in billions of revenue.

Personally fed up with Brexit,nearly 3 years since they asked the people if we want to stay or go,
Only happened as they thought it was a forgone conclusion,then Cameron pisses off when it went
pear shaped.Enter May, lets throw away our majority by having a totally un needed election which
ensured brexit would be almost impossible but we will go through the motions.Promise many
times that we WILL leave at the end of march.March comes and goes, May goes cap in hand
begging for more time, EU says fine, no problem.Westminster promptly pisses off for easter hols.
News was that we may have participate in EU elections, last week i get postal vote for them showing
that the intention to participate has already been decieded.
If all this shit had happenned a few hundred years, heads would have rolled, literally and would have almost
certainly caused a civil war.
I was suprized we were ever given the chance to deciede our future, delighted when we voted out,
but disgusted at the antics ever since.

Personally fed up with Brexit,nearly 3 years since they asked the people if we want to stay or go,
Only happened as they thought it was a forgone conclusion,then Cameron pisses off when it went
pear shaped.Enter May, lets throw away our majority by having a totally un needed election which
ensured brexit would be almost impossible but we will go through the motions.Promise many
times that we WILL leave at the end of march.March comes and goes, May goes cap in hand
begging for more time, EU says fine, no problem.Westminster promptly pisses off for easter hols.
News was that we may have participate in EU elections, last week i get postal vote for them showing
that the intention to participate has already been decieded.
If all this shit had happenned a few hundred years, heads would have rolled, literally and would have almost
certainly caused a civil war.
I was suprized we were ever given the chance to deciede our future, delighted when we voted out,
but disgusted at the antics ever since.

Yeah it makes a mockery of our so called 'democracy', and we still lecture other tin pot leaders and countries about how they should be democratic like us :laugh:

How can we get rid of this blasted PM, have the conservative party members got no influence or say on the leadership of their party?

Not specifically Brexit related but couldn't be bothered to start a new thread.

I just received a European election flyer from the Greens, now why are the environmentally friendly loons at the Green Party sending out mass leaflets if they care about the environment. I have handily tweeted them that I will be sending it back to them to recycle as I do not want their rubbish. I wonder how much fumes and paper they used to print all the nonsense that was on it?

I just received a European election flyer from the Greens, now why are the environmentally friendly loons at the Green Party sending out mass leaflets if they care about the environment. I have handily tweeted them that I will be sending it back to them to recycle as I do not want their rubbish. I wonder how much fumes and paper they used to print all the nonsense that was on it?

The greens are a sinister bunch of extreme leftists, eco-fascists and bullies. I will never entertain ANY eco-crap and climate change doomsayers until just ONE of their factions admits the obvious truth and forgets political correctness by admitting the human population is too high to avoid disaster and avert or reverse anthropogenic global warming. People need to read Malthus. He spotted this coming 2 centuries ago.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Farage doing a brilliant job of failing to answer every single question with anything other than bluster, deflection, and diversion. The man literally has no policies, he's the political equivalent of a crazy man shouting at the clouds.

"What will Brexit offer Merthyr?"
Cue Diversion
Cue Distraction
"Something else, in Wales, somewhere...."

I am genuinely mystified as to how anyone can't see this man for the spiv and charlatan he clearly is.

Link to video below.

We got a flyer from these desperatons just the other day, except it wasn't about 'trending' things like global warming or why vegans are mental, but instead they harped on about Brexit and how they would pledge to have a 2nd Referendum etc (chortle)

It made for some excellent cat litter lining

Farage doing a brilliant job of failing to answer every single question with anything other than bluster, deflection, and diversion. The man literally has no policies, he's the political equivalent of a crazy man shouting at the clouds.

Cue Diversion
Cue Distraction
"Something else, in Wales, somewhere...."

I am genuinely mystified as to how anyone can't see this man for the spiv and charlatan he clearly is.

Link to video below.

I take it you're not voting for the Brexit Party next week then? I will. The cretins in the main parties need reminding they have a democratic decision to uphold.

looks like the establishment who rule over us are terrified of Nigel's brexit party doing well in this upcoming election, first there was the andrew marr attempted hatchet job and now this ambush by a bbc 'journalist'.

surely we can never go back to paying the EU 15 billion each year to be part of their crooked club?

Did you watch that BBC4 documentary last week, 2x 1-hour episodes where the EU Brexit negotiators were filmed for over 2 years?
Perhaps @ChopleyIOM should.
Despite the anti-Brexit bias you'd expect from the Blatantly Biased Corporation and trendy documentary makers, it did expose the overpaid tossers as the wine-swilling expenses-sucking gravy trainers they are, yet to accept that a country could want to leave their precious club of corruption.

If Farage wants to win this pointless election of UK Eurocraps next week, perhaps he should insist the remoaners watch it. :thumbsup: :cheers:

Democracy is dead in the UK and instead we have a fat cat dicktatorship. There is a global economic shift towards China amongst others and I think the US have tried to hit it with Huawei. Convenient the only secret to ever be leaked is business related and they didn't block the media from telling everyone the secret. Could have leaked something juicy, like were sending Bond to Brussels, to give us a sense of pride.

Did you watch that BBC4 documentary last week, 2x 1-hour episodes where the EU Brexit negotiators were filmed for over 2 years?
Perhaps @ChopleyIOM should.
Despite the anti-Brexit bias you'd expect from the Blatantly Biased Corporation and trendy documentary makers, it did expose the overpaid tossers as the wine-swilling expenses-sucking gravy trainers they are, yet to accept that a country could want to leave their precious club of corruption.

Yes I did watch it, and that wasn't what I took away from it at all.

Also, are you seriously suggesting that Farage isn't a gravy-trainer? He's having £13K rent for him paid by Aaron Banks every month.....

Watch him once again, not answer any question at all when questioned on where all his bankroll comes from. (He gets paid £5K per month for his bodyguards whilst taking an MEP's salary. An actual UK MP got murdered in the street, she didn't have a shadowy millionaire to pay for bodyguards.)

Yes I did watch it, and that wasn't what I took away from it at all.

Also, are you seriously suggesting that Farage isn't a gravy-trainer? He's having £13K rent for him paid by Aaron Banks every month.....

Watch him once again, not answer any question at all when questioned on where all his bankroll comes from. (He gets paid £5K per month for his bodyguards whilst taking an MEP's salary. An actual UK MP got murdered in the street, she didn't have a shadowy millionaire to pay for bodyguards.)

Aaron Banks. That's the difference. Not you or I, the taxpayer. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back