Brexit - whats the difference.....

I could only manage 30 mins, it was cringe worthy, nigel farage was portrayed as a cross between del boy and arthur daley, all the main leave characters were portrayed as devious, like pantomime villians whereas the remain characters were all serious looking and highbrow.

The clear message being inferred was 'you leavers were duped by these con artists, you should have trusted the good guys'

The BC character, dominic cummings, [no wonder the leave campaign never mentioned his name :laugh:] was sort of an outsider not really interested in brexit but roped into run the campaign as he was supposed to be some sort of maverick genius.

The cambridge analytica story causing the result of brexit is on the same level of truth as the russians won trump the election.
I very much doubt any remain voters were convinced to vote leave due to facebook etc.. but I think many people undecided would have voted remain due to the sheer weight of govt propaganda and scare stories from the media.

I don't know who most of the people involved are. The only ones I know are Nigel, Boris and Cameron. I also know Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson.

I did think they portrayed Nigel as a bit of a clown, not anything like he is when he appears on the US media.

Last edited:
There's no doubt whipping the public into a frenzy over immigration played a large part in the Leave campaign, I don't think anyone can deny that. Classics include:

View attachment 107361

So it was largely fear-driven and played on current sentiment. But also 'promised' was a thorough shake-up of public services and savings galore in the national interest, namely pouring millions into the NHS weekly etc

Notice they're mostly men.

Notice they're mostly men.
Children, many of them. Because despite that propaganda poster, our border forces have an aversion to verifying their age via dental checks to see who they say they are!

So 'men' is a bit strong. Many there are 16 or thereabouts

He's got to be pretty naive/dangerous to think the communists were good, all the people they murdered.

images

I think that's lenin in the pic above, maybe he thinks it's a trendy fashion statement :confused: :rolleyes: he can never be pm surely?

Children, many of them. Because despite that propaganda poster, our border forces have an aversion to verifying their age via dental checks to see who they say they are!

So 'men' is a bit strong. Many there are 16 or thereabouts

Where are they getting the dental records or are they just checking the growth of their teeth?

He's got to be pretty naive/dangerous to think the communists were good, all the people they murdered.

images

I think that's lenin in the pic above, maybe he thinks it's a trendy fashion statement :confused: :rolleyes: he can never be pm surely?
He won't get in, but he's no doubt pushing for another General Election. Prior to the last one he was getting the same sort of flak for his many shortcomings, takes a massive bite out of the Cons, and becomes the most popular man in the land. From villain to prince of Eternia in one fell swoop

images

Dangerous idiot.
Terrorist sympathiser, anti-uk defence, pro Islam..
everything you never would want in a PM.
Aweful misguided human.

Corbyn's been a labour mp for 36 years, is far left and was voted as leader by a majority of the labour members.

I'm not a supporter of his but if he's not labour what is he?

He consistently voted against Labour through much of his career. More than Tories.

Dangerous idiot.
Terrorist sympathiser, anti-uk defence, pro Islam..
everything you never would want in a PM.
Aweful misguided human.

That sums up exactly my opinion of him and that is near enough word for word what i would have wrote.

Brexit or no Brexit. Deal or No Deal. Nothing could be worse than having him in charge of this country. We would end up a country with no Military Deterrent that would allow anyone in if he had his way.

Reading all this comments, it seems Britain is a war zone and suppressed by the EU
I always thought that Britain is a democratic country and has its own government

Interesting that the Brexiteers continue to argue emotionally rather than against proven facts.

The leave campaign was a giant con. The most successful ever, perhaps. But it was a con, and it conned a lot of people.
How do you come to that conclusion?the problem being is that no man and his dog has a clue what would happen if we left hence the constant scare tactics being used by all and sundry a classic example of this being the world ending at 00:01 hrs on the 01/01/2000 and what happened I woke up with a stonking hangover.

A lot of people spent a lot of time fixing the millennium but so that it would not be a problem. It was not an imaginary problem.

Brexit is a problem where the only realistic solution is to remain.

A lot of people spent a lot of time fixing the millennium but so that it would not be a problem. It was not an imaginary problem.

You mean the fear at the time where the populace was riled up to fear planes falling out of the sky and everyone's life coming to a standstill on 1/1/2000? Because that turned out to be a lot of hot air after all that hysteria!

So if we had left when we meant to do you think nobody had anything in place?..

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back