Bodog's Domain Names Confiscated

Almost Two Stupid To Believe

Can this guy get any stupider...

On another forum I described this Mohawk arrangement as the sort of thing that you come up after a week of being face down in the dummy dust and something a child of twelve would come up with seems to you like a stroke of genius.

Calvin has now announced on his blog that the Mohawks are going to take on "patent troll" (a term he seems to have invented) Dr. Scott Lewis. He points out that some ancestor of this Alwyn Morris bloke killed 56 Americans and that "Mohawk" means "man eater", something he has been rumoured to do himself when the whiskey is running free and the light is just right. Hence the reference to him and Lewis going "head to head", giving cockfighting an entirely new meaning.

Cocaine psychosis at its worst. But for what its worth, and its worth something to at least explain this bizarre, ill thought out scheme...

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

Important point to note...Old Pink Ass now claims the Bodog domain names belong to the Mohawks. He's nothing if not predictable.

Note at the bottom Cal's brilliant scheme to get another multi-million dollar judgment against himself and his ISP...to top off the patent troll slur on the Oxford PHD's character, he then portrays him as a half witted Neanderthal in the pics at the bottom. He also describes Lewis as a thief.

Who the hell is his lawyer...Erich Brunnhuber?

How interesting...

How interesting... I've been away for a month in Costa Rica and Panama and it seems that there has been some pretty big news. I haven't really studied up on the case, but it looks like Mr. Ayre is in between a rock and a hard place.

If I were a bettor, I would wake up and small the coffee and pull out of Bodog ASAP. If one can get ahold of bogdog.com, one can surely get ahold of newbodog.com and any subsequent domain.

I'm guessing the US court is making it really fun and won't ole Cal mount a defence by proxy.

I think the story will eventually end with Calvin rotting in a US prison.

All the same, another blow again online gambling.

I hope the industry has the good sense to invest heavily in the new crop of Democratic candidates becuase 2008 could well be their year... but the window of opportunity will be sure to close fast.

Can this guy get any stupider...

On another forum I described this Mohawk arrangement as the sort of thing that you come up after a week of being face down in the dummy dust and something a child of twelve would come up with seems to you like a stroke of genius.

Calvin has now announced on his blog that the Mohawks are going to take on "patent troll" (a term he seems to have invented) Dr. Scott Lewis. He points out that some ancestor of this Alwyn Morris bloke killed 56 Americans and that "Mohawk" means "man eater", something he has been rumoured to do himself when the whiskey is running free and the light is just right. Hence the reference to him and Lewis going "head to head", giving cockfighting an entirely new meaning.

Cocaine psychosis at its worst. But for what its worth, and its worth something to at least explain this bizarre, ill thought out scheme...

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

Important point to note...Old Pink Ass now claims the Bodog domain names belong to the Mohawks. He's nothing if not predictable.

Note at the bottom Cal's brilliant scheme to get another multi-million dollar judgment against himself and his ISP...to top off the patent troll slur on the Oxford PHD's character, he then portrays him as a half witted Neanderthal in the pics at the bottom. He also describes Lewis as a thief.

Who the hell is his lawyer...Erich Brunnhuber?

My God, that blog is a shocker - surely the lawyers won't be happy with this sort of behaviour. I could scarce believe what I was reading.

It does lend credibility to Paddy's speculation as to the Bodog strategy in fighting this issue, though.

My God, that blog is a shocker - surely the lawyers won't be happy with this sort of behaviour. I could scarce believe what I was reading.

It does lend credibility to Paddy's speculation as to the Bodog strategy in fighting this issue, though.

It is an extremely serious libel and you're very right about shocking. Nobody will be more shocked than the lawyers who are trying to defend him.

When judges see this, they will be even more sympathetic to Lewis and 1st Technology as it appears they are dealing with a madman who makes barely concealed threats of violence against Lewis...ancestors killed Americans, making mincemeat...Jesus, that's unbelievable. The US courts will give even greater remedies to 1st Technology.

I'm wondering if this actually DOES mean that Ayre is abandoning any pretense of legality and is saying that some of these dipshit Mohawk hard men are going to try muscle instead of lawyers against Lewis.

That of course brings the FBI into the picture and puts Old Pink Ass even deeper into the shite.

I had a visitor up from the States a few weeks ago and he stopped in Vancouver to visit with some of Cal's old friends. Even his best friend described his as "insufferable" and said he appeared to be suffering from cocaine psychosis. This blog certainly bears all the hallmarks of that, it goes much beyond his usual hypernarcissism.

Lewis has a beauty of a defamatory libel suit against Cal now. Malicious libel, actually, the kind in which the damages can go to the hundreds of millions. And very enforceable in many jurisdictions, including Canada and Antigua and just about any place Old Pink Ass may try and hide. and against all his assets, including the shares in Bodog Entertainment S.A. in Costa Rica.

Brilliant management, President Ayre, brilliant management!

Straw...Nose. Get as much distance as you possibly can between them.

I may have missed this, but if it's not already been mentioned, this article intimates that the papers served on Bodog were not accepted by a legitimate source at Bodog:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I may have missed this, but if it's not already been mentioned, this article intimates that the papers served on Bodog were not accepted by a legitimate source at Bodog:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
not a lawyer but my experience as a former landlord is that proper service in the State of Tennessee rarely is a legitmate defense based on a number of factors,situations,etc. I prolly should not go into some of these since I am not an attorney but as a Plaintiff , I never lost a case on account of proper service as the primary argument for the Defendant or thereafter even had one case appealed to a higher court............may be different elsewhere but the point spread article would not concern me if I was 1st Tech.............I am sure we will get Paddy's take soon.

not a lawyer but my experience as a former landlord is that proper service in the State of Tennessee rarely is a legitmate defense based on a number of factors,situations,etc. I prolly should not go into some of these since I am not an attorney but as a Plaintiff , I never lost a case on account of proper service as the primary argument for the Defendant or thereafter even had one case appealed to a higher court............may be different elsewhere but the point spread article would not concern me if I was 1st Tech.............I am sure we will get Paddy's take soon.

Firstly, Thomas Jensen is a libeller and a Bodog shill. I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously.

This is far past the stage of a complaint that the wrong person or entity was served. Bodog has attorneys in Las Vegas. They were served with a copy of the application for injunction on June 22, 2007. That tells me that Bodog knew of the action and judgment and never once at that time raised the issue of the wrong person being served. They even had attorneys that were known to 1st Technology.

Those attorneys never contested the injunction. If their story was going to be that the original judgment couldn't stand because the proper entity wasn't served, their time to make that argument was in contesting the injunction application in June. They never said a word. I think that says everything about the validity of the claims in point-spreads.

I see from the post Jetset made up above that there is some clarification over the intent of the domain injunction. The judges order seems to be that 1st Technology is effectively the owner of the domain names and may do anything it wishes with those names, including sell them to others, in order to try and recoup some of its damages. That seems to be slightly different than the purpose asked for in the injunction application, which to my recollection was to stop Bodog continuing to infringe the patent by downloading software through those domains. But whatever, the injunction was given and no amount of whining about who was served is going to change any of that or the $49 million judgment.

If anybody knows who Thomas Jensen is and where he can be found, I would greatly appreciate it if you could PM me.

I do notice that he is continuing the undercurrent of violence approach towards 1st Technology vis a vis these Mohawks. No US court is going to give a cold shit whether they think they are tough guys.

The Cold Eye comment isn't up yet. Sorry Nash, but I had an appointment to go to the Hills Garlic Festival in New Denver, B.C., which I recommend to everyone this time next year, and just got back. Have to go to the neighbors for burgers and will have the Cold Eye up this evening.

Just a quick question to help me out with the Cold Eye article...does anyone know the sections of the US Code that people like Caplan and the BetonlSports guy Carruthers were charged under. Or have a link to either indictment?

Thanks

Thanks Mousey. I found it. I just needed it to give me an idea of what laws a holder of the Order of Canada was violating by this agreement with Ayre.

If I was a Mohawk leader in Canada right now, I would be very wary of the pale face that is trying to sell the tribe something he no longer owns...

I think as a matter of absolute correctness, it should be said that not all Mohawks on Kahnawake are criminals and involved in guns and cigarettes and pot and the like. Certainly there has been no evidence to date that Alwyn Morris has any previous involvement with anything criminal and that would suggest that he is not the person of good character and commendable accomplishment that the Order of Canada would suggest.

He may not understand that Calvin Ayre has now involved him in a conspiracy that is criminal both in Canada and the United States. Until we know that he fully understands the ramifications of what he is getting into, I think we should not be talking of him as just another criminal Mohawk and stuff like that and continue to give him the respect his past accomplishments deserve.

So far, all we know about Alwyn Morris is that he had his picture taken with Calvin Ayre. Yes, I know, that's bad enough and it stands to reason that he must know what everyone else knows about Calvin. But, there is no evidence that he has anything to do with the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, which I agree does license very dubious characters and does know the whole Ayre story and licenses him anyway.

I'd say we'll know by Wednesday whether or not your very angry approach to all of this is merited. In the meantime, I'd say it would be wise to remember that until we confirm that Alwyn Morris is knowingly entering into a criminal conspiracy with Calvin Ayre, we shouldn't be setting this forum up for a libel action against it on the basis of a single picture and what Calvin Ayre says.

If, for instance, Morris says that he is withdrawing the Bodog brand from the US market, and isn't going to be involved in the Canadian market, which it isn't now, I don't think he's involved in anything criminal. He certainly is if he intends to offer Bodog in the US. That's a crime both in the US and Canada.

And an Order of Canada medal does mean something. It means a great deal. That's what makes it so unbelievable this guy would do anything at all that involved Calvin Ayre.

Last edited by a moderator:
how does calvin keep his wife happy?

ayre lingus!

:thumbsup:

I would like to see more in the way of direct statements of position from both sides on this, because it can be confusing or even misleading to have multi-site independent allegations and speculation going on - and for the parties involved it is probably dangerous to sit back and let it continue without clarification, too.

The longer the parties delay in setting out their position for the information of the public in what seems to be a rapidly escalating row, the more clouded the issue is likely to become imo.

And I don't mean misguided and astonishing rants like the Ayre blog! I'm talking professional, clear communication of facts to date.

Going back to page 11 and the Point-spreads op-ed piece, I would have to agree with Paddy's following comment that service would seem to have been effectively made on the Vegas legal firm - I don't think the judge would have made such a sweeping default judgement if acceptable service had not been shown. And in the follow-up Washington case, the same argument could well be applied.

I've heard from reliable sources that everything related to Bodog Entertainment SA is registered in Calvin's sister Anita's name. ...
There is a lot of subjective material here that is not based on fact. If you are willing to make accusations, please back these up with references so this thread doesn't turn into a slamfest. I'd like this to be as objective as possible. Thanks!

how does calvin keep his wife happy?

ayre lingus!

:thumbsup:
That was the stupidest thing I've read all morning, and HgB knows better. 14 day suspension - and that was strike two.

Bloody hell, HgB - I thought you would be smart enough to learn from your mistakes!

Obviously not. BTW a serious discussion is taking place in this thread, which makes flip OT remarks inappropriate.

I don't think it would matter one way or the other if the domains were in his sister's name, in the name of an Indian tribe, or even the name of the president of Antigua... Calvin Ayre has been on the cover of major magazines bragging about his ownership of Bodog. The charges will all be conspiricy based so actual ownership matters little.

It's sort of a bummer for online gaming, but I think Calvin Ayre is a guy a lot of people love to hate. I have to admit that what I perceive as his boundless arrogance is pretty offputting but with this case, the gaming industry is really getting it from both ends now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back