Bodog.com seized by United States Homeland Security

I support what the USA are doing. Long over due in fact. Europe needs to follow America's lead and take all the criminal mafia out of the picture and have proper controlled gambling regulated by our goverment, Not untrust worthy independent gambling authority like The Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC) that take over £100.000 a year fees to supply a Gambling licences, They will never be in a hurry to remove a Gambling licences from anyone as it be one hell of a loss of fees each year.

I strongly beleive in what the USA goverment is doing.

Well apparently the Department of Homeland Security is just terrible in every way and has been for years. This
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
was certainly... interesting. Unfortunately, it looks like everything has a legitimate source too.

"36th on the results-oriented performance culture index"

Clearly.

If the point of regulation was to get criminals out of the picture, then this is a massive fail. It's kind of like the "overdraft protection" racket all the banks like Wells Fargo were running, where they "protect" you by stacking your purchases in the order that gives you the most overdrafts possible.

Step 1: Find some loosely regulated sector where people want more customer protection.
Step 2: Regulate the existing companies out of business.
Step 3: Deregulate and let your buddies come in and do the same thing, only much worse because they don't have any competition, so instead of having to compete in the free market they only have to answer to some congressional committee that can all be bribed for $40k and a weekend in the Bahamas.

In Alderney, Malta, Jersey, Curacao, etc., anybody with a clean record and enough cash can get licensed. That might be an open door to criminals some of the time, but at least it's open to good operators too. The style of regulation the US is creating is only open to the richest crooks on the planet. An honest company - and forget about a new company or a startup, or anyone who's gonna actually compete on quality or RTP, doesn't stand a chance in hell of getting a foot in that door.

The picture gets a little cloudier when you throw in crypto-currencies like Bitcoin, though. I wouldn't be surprised if the US gov't eventually declared Bitcoins a form of terrorism (in the name of the children, obviously), just to protect their filthy rich corporate masters from any kind of competition. In the meanwhile, though, it should be an interesting few years. We don't take US players because I personally have no desire to test those waters, or the bankroll to fight the government in court, but it's clear to me that Bitcoin is going to be adopted quickly over there, because the tighter the government squeezes, the more websites and individual players are going to be looking for new ways to slip through their fingers.

If the point of regulation was to get criminals out of the picture, then this is a massive fail. It's kind of like the "overdraft protection" racket all the banks like Wells Fargo were running, where they "protect" you by stacking your purchases in the order that gives you the most overdrafts possible.

I had an account at 5/3 Bank. Not only were they stacking the order of items to maximize the nsf and overdraft fees-even if you made a deposit before the items hard posted they would put the deposit in last after charging all the fees. I am proud to say that I was part of a class action suit that got this practice changed!

I had an account at 5/3 Bank. Not only were they stacking the order of items to maximize the nsf and overdraft fees-even if you made a deposit before the items hard posted they would put the deposit in last after charging all the fees. I am proud to say that I was part of a class action suit that got this practice changed!

Nice job!

Not to get too off topic here (oops), but I filed in small claims court against Wells Fargo when they did that to me. I've never been so PO'd in my life. They took an $8 overdraft where I'd made a deposit to cover it on the same day, and turned it into $250 or something in overdraft charges. And this was after they had just lost a class action suit a week earlier in Florida about exactly that thing. After I filed the claim I walked into my branch and politely told the bank manager that I was going to see him in court. They called me and settled the next day :D

The picture gets a little cloudier when you throw in crypto-currencies like Bitcoin, though. I wouldn't be surprised if the US gov't eventually declared Bitcoins a form of terrorism (in the name of the children, obviously)

Yup. (And just trying to think if you nabbed all the 'scary!' War On Terror/Fighting-them-There,So-You-don't-Have-To tropes and touchstones here... Guess you could try working in something like, 'online gambling will give you hemhorroids!' :lolup: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back