Ask me anything (about slots)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why thank you sir... Sometimes a little sarcasm eeks out with the tin foilers but still... I do my best ;)
It’s good though. Open opinions and discussion, that’s what a forum is all about.
All long as people keep it decent.
It’s a superb thread, and I’m on the fence regarding ‘rigged’ but leaning more towards the fact they are not. As really they have no need to, and the fact over the years not one single person, a ex employee for example hasn’t came out and claim ‘it’s a fix’
Statistically that’s almost impossible, like those who assume 911 was a inside job... the amount of people that would have to be involved would be insane and just not viable.

Hello.

I have a question about the Mega Moolah Bonus Round.
According to Microgaming you have higer chance to trigger the Bonus Round, when you bet higher.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I guess it would work like that.
A random number between 0 and 20000 starts the bonus round. So, I guess it is like buying a ticket. With a 0.25 bet I would buy 25 ticket(25 numbers) and when I choose a 6.25 bet it would be like buying 625 tickets.
Would you say it could work like that or completely different?

I personally triggered the bonus round approximately 12 times. 4 times the minor jackpot and 8 times the mini jackpot.
Bet-Size 0.50€ = 1 Bonus Round
Bet-Size 1.25€ = 10 Bonus Round
Bet-Size 2.50€ = 1 Bonus Round

Hello.

I have a question about the Mega Moolah Bonus Round.
According to Microgaming you have higer chance to trigger the Bonus Round, when you bet higher.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I guess it would work like that.
A random number between 0 and 20000 starts the bonus round. So, I guess it is like buying a ticket. With a 0.25 bet I would buy 25 ticket(25 numbers) and when I choose a 6.25 bet it would be like buying 625 tickets.
Would you say it could work like that or completely different?

I personally triggered the bonus round approximately 12 times. 4 times the minor jackpot and 8 times the mini jackpot.
Bet-Size 0.50€ = 1 Bonus Round
Bet-Size 1.25€ = 10 Bonus Round
Bet-Size 2.50€ = 1 Bonus Round

It will likely be a linear chance... so if your chance at 0.50€ is 1 in 500, then at 2.50€ it will be 1 in 100

Hi again @trancemonkey - your thoughts on this?

RTS requirement 7C: Game designs or features that may reasonably be expected to mislead the customer about the likelihood of particular results occurring are not permitted, including substituting losing events with near-miss losing events and simulations of real devices that do not simulate the real probabilities of the device.

Hasn't it been long accepted that quickspin do this near miss? It would seem easily verifiable not only via statistical analysis but logically:
Certain QS slots will add an extra third scatter that falls just below the pay line (where it's still visible due to the increased icon size) despite it being right above/below another scatter, which is not a possible reel layout. It's clearly an overlay "bait scatter".

Do they just worm around the rules by not technically having the scatter on the payline?

And a second (unrelated) question:
How does brute force game verification take into consideration accumulators?
Normally this wouldn't matter so much but imagine Vikings go Berzerk- with 4 very hard to trigger accumulators all running concurrently.
A single person (or testing script) running 100,000,000 consecutive games will go very close to trtp whereas 1,000,000 people playing 100 spins would fall very very short since almost none would release the (significant) money tied up in the accumulators.

edit: The actual RTP of this slot at videoslots (from their own stats, every single spin since launch) is 94.3% - well below the stated TRTP of 96.1%

Last edited:

RTS requirement 7C: Game designs or features that may reasonably be expected to mislead the customer about the likelihood of particular results occurring are not permitted, including substituting losing events with near-miss losing events and simulations of real devices that do not simulate the real probabilities of the device.

Hasn't it been long accepted that quickspin do this near miss? It would seem easily verifiable not only via statistical analysis but logically:
Certain QS slots will add an extra third scatter that falls just below the pay line (where it's still visible due to the increased icon size) despite it being right above/below another scatter, which is not a possible reel layout. It's clearly an overlay "bait scatter".

Do they just worm around the rules by not technically having the scatter on the payline?

Normally this wouldn't matter so much but imagine Vikings go Berzerk- with 4 very hard to trigger accumulators all running concurrently.
A single person (or testing script) running 100,000,000 consecutive games will go very close to trtp whereas 1,000,000 people playing 100 spins would fall very very short since almost none would release the (significant) money tied up in the accumulators.

edit: The actual RTP of this slot at videoslots (from their own stats, every single spin since launch) is 94.3% - well below the stated TRTP of 96.1%

Hello again ;)

The scatter issue is a gray area as the symbol doesn't land "in view" and therefore they are not changing the final outcome that the RNG has determined. In other words the reel positions that were picked were the ones displayed to the player. The symbols above and below the reels are technically not part of the win display although I would argue that they should be counted as such. I can't comment on any specific providers but suffice to say that if any are purposely changing the symbols above and below the reels in order to give the impression of a near miss then I would say this could be something that the test houses are missing.

Also on your question about RTP verification... It only assumes one player across a large number of games. So on games like you mention the RTP could be low for a while... That said if I was VS I would be questioning that RTP... If the RTP runs too low then that could be an issue for UKGC.

On the first point about the scatters being visible but impossible to hit. This is sometimes a result of coding that is responsible for the pseudo spinning of reels. They use pseudo code to try and obfuscate the actual reelstrips. The HTML5 version of DOA is a good example of this and you can view the JavaScript which is responsible for that behaviour. I imagine stuff like this slips through the certification net because test houses don't test the client - at least not as far as I know. They simply take the source code and crunch the numbers.

As for your 2nd point - I've mentioned this before but my take on these type of games is they are incredibly bad for players. Particularly a game like Vikings go bezerk which has four pots. Unless you somehow manage to clear all pots around the same time you will forever be leaving RTP in the game. So the figures from videoslot come as no surprise and I would imagine the RTP shortfall is most likely caused by all this dead money left in pots after players finally figured out it's a bullshit concept used to keep them playing and walk away - walking away and leaving that rtp in the game. If I were a player friendly game developer - I would add a pie gamble on each pot which gave the player the chance of triggering the bonus with odds relative to the accumulated amount. That way you could walk away leaving no RTP in the game. But thinking about it....if I were a player friendly developer....I just wouldn't add that crap in the first place. If you've ever been on tilt chasing one of these things you'll know it's like a red tag to a problem gambling bull.

Glad you're back man.

ANYTHING is anything :) Almost all online slot games run smooth on my i3 laptop in chrome, but genie jackpots megawild runs very slow, to slow to play on it. I wonder if one of you experienced this also and maybe if someone have a solution. I tried all common browsers, all the same.
gr

ANYTHING is anything :) Almost all online slot games run smooth on my i3 laptop in chrome, but genie jackpots megawild runs very slow, to slow to play on it. I wonder if one of you experienced this also and maybe if someone have a solution. I tried all common browsers, all the same.
gr

Sounds like an incompatibility issue with your PC. Have you tried other Blueprint games?

Question..my RTP at Videoslots is 92.86
I presume this is since I started playing with them around 8 months ago.I have deposited around£1000 cashed out nothing and currently have a zero balance.I was never top of the maths class but what the hell am I missing here?

Question..my RTP at Videoslots is 92.86
I presume this is since I started playing with them around 8 months ago.I have deposited around£1000 cashed out nothing and currently have a zero balance.I was never top of the maths class but what the hell am I missing here?

You RTP is not Deposits Vs Withdrawals... It is money wagered (played) through the games vs cash won.

If you deposit 100 and play only one game, and play to extinction (i.e you keep playing until you run out of money) that doesn't make the games RTP 0%. The games RTP takes in to account ALL the money you have wagered (which will be well over 100) and all the money it's paid out during that time.

So if during that time you wagered 800 and the game paid out 700, then the games RTP for that session would be 700 / 800 = 87.5%

Does that make sense?

You RTP is not Deposits Vs Withdrawals... It is money wagered (played) through the games vs cash won.

If you deposit 100 and play only one game, and play to extinction (i.e you keep playing until you run out of money) that doesn't make the games RTP 0%. The games RTP takes in to account ALL the money you have wagered (which will be well over 100) and all the money it's paid out during that time.

So if during that time you wagered 800 and the game paid out 700, then the games RTP for that session would be 700 / 800 = 87.5%

Does that make sense?

Or to put it perhaps more simply: 99% RTP means you've won on average 99 cents for every dollar wagered. Which will still leave you with $0 eventually.

Hi, I don't know if you've answered this but those slots like Eggomatic, Rabbit in the Hat etc ,where a free spin symbol randomly appears on the conveyor above,
how do these work? Normally every spin is supposed to be independent, so simply put it's Spin>Server>RNG>Return with an approx 1:150 chance of free spins(Non BTG:rolleyes:)

But on these slots there is initially no chance of triggering free spins without a symbol until it's triggered via the outcome before.
So is it Spin>Server>RNG>Return and a chance of free spins on next few spins with fewer odds i.e a change in the random numbers available that can lead to free spins?

Hi there do you know the name of the game that has fairies or elf's where there is a wild leaf that sometimes comes down, and you could also buy the feature spins before BGT done it?

Hi, I don't know if you've answered this but those slots like Eggomatic, Rabbit in the Hat etc ,where a free spin symbol randomly appears on the conveyor above,
how do these work? Normally every spin is supposed to be independent, so simply put it's Spin>Server>RNG>Return with an approx 1:150 chance of free spins(Non BTG:rolleyes:)

But on these slots there is initially no chance of triggering free spins without a symbol until it's triggered via the outcome before.
So is it Spin>Server>RNG>Return and a chance of free spins on next few spins with fewer odds i.e a change in the random numbers available that can lead to free spins?

Each spin is still independent. At the start of every spin there is a decision as to what egg to put on to the conveyor belt and a reel spin outcome decision.
So a Free Spin egg can appear in every spin.

This is the same as Elephant King by IGT... You don't always have a Free Spin outcome at the top but there is a chance in every spin for one to appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back