$476 MILLION Mega Millions Lottery !!! Record-Breaking Jackpot !!!

Westland Bowl

Tin Foil Hat Club Member
PABnonaccred
CAG
Nobody won the $363 Million Mega Millions jackpot last night!! :what: :eek: The jackpot now zooms to $476 Million !!! This just might be revised to $500 Million by the time of the next drawing !! HALF-BILLION DOLLARS, BABY !!! :D :D :D :thumbsup:

That's insane! I can think of lots of things I would do with that money if I won. You would suddenly be projected into the Forbes/Times rich list immediately, which would be very weird. Bet you would suddenly have lots of old friends come out the woodwork too :rolleyes:

I would be happy to share this with 238 million people.....

Mega Millions reaches record $476 million jackpot

It's almost unimaginable. No one picked the six correct numbers in the latest multi-state Mega Millions lottery game, sending the jackpot to a record $476 million for the Friday drawing.

Tuesday night's jackpot was $363 million, fed by weeks of drawings without a top winner. The previous record jackpot in the Mega Millions game was $390 million in 2007, split by two winners in New Jersey and Georgia.

In Tuesday night's game, 47 players came very close, matching 5 of the 6 winning numbers. Each of those tickets is worth at least $250,000.

Mega Millions is played in more than 40 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

The winning numbers Tuesday night were: Nine, 19, 34, 44 and 51. The Mega Ball was 24.
Link Removed (invalid URL)

not a fan of these massive lottery jackpots..

id rather see more people win a few million than 1 person scoop 500 mill..no one needs that kinda money..should spread the wealth more

that just my humble opinion anyway

To win that amount would destroy a person or even persons... to go from living on buttons and becoming a multi millionaire..if I won that amount I'd give the majority away and keep a about 10 mil, but I rarely do the lotto and I can't do the American one:p

To win that amount would destroy a person or even persons... to go from living on buttons and becoming a multi millionaire..if I won that amount I'd give the majority away and keep a about 10 mil, but I rarely do the lotto and I can't do the American one:p

I have not played this in a long time but think I will on Friday. If I win I will send some your way:D Do you have any lucky numbers?:p

not a fan of these massive lottery jackpots..

id rather see more people win a few million than 1 person scoop 500 mill..no one needs that kinda money..should spread the wealth more

that just my humble opinion anyway

I agree. I have always thought that the lottery would sell much more if more people had a chance at dividing it. For every 2 million dollars, a number is drawn, so for this one, there could be close to 250 winning ticket numbers. Odds would be so much better and it would be so much nicer to have more millionaires vs giving 1/3rd back to taxes alone....

Got my winning ticket purchased!

I have not played this in a long time but think I will on Friday. If I win I will send some your way:D Do you have any lucky numbers?:p

10 is my luckiest number, I was born on the 10th month at 10 past 8 and I weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces....

my other lucky numbers are 7 8 48 22 and 9 Good luck Beth :thumbsup:

btw, my local club lotto last year my nums were 7 8 10 22...they came out twice, both times I never done the lotto :( jackpot for it was over £4000 both times, I guess it just wasn't meant to be :rolleyes:

My uncle had the full 6 lotto numbers marked on a ticket one time (English National lotto) the jackpot was at 42mil, he was in a queue at the till and noticed he marked down the wrong num (he does the same nums each week) he threw the ticket away and done his usual....the numbers that he threw away would have won him the jackpot, he got over £2k for the 5 he had done:eek2:

Guess that means we didn't win last night's drawing. Bummer. :cool:

Yet another one of the eee-villes not found in our beloved (sanctimonious) state... the lottery. So we haul our butts over the state line to Georgia every month and buy about 5 weeks of draws. LOL

10 is my luckiest number, I was born on the 10th month at 10 past 8 and I weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces....

my other lucky numbers are 7 8 48 22 and 9 Good luck Beth :thumbsup:

btw, my local club lotto last year my nums were 7 8 10 22...they came out twice, both times I never done the lotto :( jackpot for it was over £4000 both times, I guess it just wasn't meant to be :rolleyes:

My uncle had the full 6 lotto numbers marked on a ticket one time (English National lotto) the jackpot was at 42mil, he was in a queue at the till and noticed he marked down the wrong num (he does the same nums each week) he threw the ticket away and done his usual....the numbers that he threw away would have won him the jackpot, he got over £2k for the 5 he had done:eek2:

Can't believe that happened to your Uncle. I was doing some reading about picking numbers and they say not to let the machine pick your numbers and to play the same nums as you said your Uncle does.

thanks for the input:)

Well time to test my states new online lottery tickets...... I'm not standing in line for an hour lol---- first I have to go to 3dice and do a pick six on keno and see what numbers it gives me lol

re

I say why not have 500 draws for $1 million each and change the lives of 500 families instead of making someone so rich they won't know what to do with the money!

Was just watching the news on this subject. The divorce rate for large lottery winners is 69% and a lot of them (didn't get the %) end up bankrupt within 10 years. Like others have said-would be better to have hundreds of winners intead of one.

I say why not have 500 draws for $1 million each and change the lives of 500 families instead of making someone so rich they won't know what to do with the money!

It wouldn't work because we are too stupid:p
The higher the sum the more it attracts the buyer. If they believed they would sell more tickets by doing what you said, they would...but they don't so...The winner takes it all;)

I bought just $5 of Mega, today...tomorrow?..maybe another $5...but Friday morning?...pay day?...maybe another $5. lol

I buy my tickets in large towns because that is where I am.....but the usual winners tend to buy them in some unknown town with a population of 100 peeps..it seems.

I just HOPE that it goes to well deserving person or persons and that know me. :)...OH and like me very much.:)

Me and my brother talked a lot over the years about winning millions and what to do with it. One thing we know is that winning that amount of money will take air and purpose out of what your pursuit in life is. You always try to make money in what you do but when sudden windfall comes, it takes a bit of the meaning out of it. It's like when rock stars win the big music awards but then feel like, "Is that all there is?" Love, peace and joy doesn't necessarily come from having a lot of money. But I certainly like to be in position to help many people who need it most.:)

If Iwin then my husband and I will divide it three ways: One third his, one third mine and one third ours. He can do whatever he wants with his, I can do whatever I want with mine and the 'our' money has to be a joint decision.

I will want to firstly, help my family out, my co-workers ( we are having big probs being self -employed drivers) friends...etc..

Charity is a MUST. I will give to my causes Asthma and Diabetes.

Animal shelters.

St. Lukes Hospital...they saved my husband's life.

Once a week or so...anonymously give to people that I see that are struggling..people that I do not know but hear about....and watch them smile, from afar.

Get out of debt!! lol.

Last edited:
Well, as I'm not a US citizen I can't buy into this lottery (lol). I've always wondered though how it works in the US, as in how much of the total money do the winners get? You guys are taxed on lottery winnings aren't you? and isn't there something about taking a lump sum or amounts over a certain number of years? Gotta admit 500 million seems insane to me.

Here in NZ the lotto is up to a measly 25 million but the winner takes all with no taxes taken off it and it's immediately given in a lump sum. There is a rule here that the maximum it can get up to is 30 million. If no one wins it then, it is spread between second division winners. Saying that, there is a whole lot less people in NZ than the states. Our whole population would rate as one US city's population (lol). Personally if I won such an amount, after giving some to family members, buying a nice house, putting some away for retirement down the track, I'd like to set up a charitable fund. The interest of which each year is given to various charities. I figure even if I give up work (as would be able to afford this), running the charity would provide me with a job which I think would be kinda cool and satisfying.

My office does the "pool" thing. it's interesting at who puts in and who doesn't. Out of over 100 people in the office, there is one woman who won't put in a buck. Can you imagine if my office ever hit?

I would surely take care of those close to me.

It's always nice to dream........

Hey, ya never know.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back