wrong profile link displayed

P.V.

Dormant Account
webmeister
My profile has been changed to someone by the mane of 123 :). Can this be corrected?

I don't see this happening with other members. :confused:

It looks like a vbseo issue, how vbseo rewrites the vbulletin url's. Because your username on the forum has a full stop (.) in it, Vbseo doesn't know how to handle it. Can you let me know the last time you checked your profile. The reason I ask, is I know Bryan did some work on the vbseo the other day and also, the version of php was updated on the server this morning. Either one of these actions, could have caused VBSEO to freak when rewriting the url for your profile.

Link Removed (invalid URL)

It looks like a vbseo issue, how vbseo rewrites the vbulletin url's. Because your username on the forum has a full stop (.) in it, Vbseo doesn't know how to handle it. Can you let me know the last time you checked your profile. The reason I ask, is I know Bryan did some work on the vbseo the other day and also, the version of php was updated on the server this morning. Either one of these actions, could have caused VBSEO to freak when rewriting the url for your profile.

You could also block these "special" characters from being used by members until there is a working fix for this issue.

Hey Webzcas,

Hmm not sure when the last time was so it's been awhile. Should I re-register and start all over with a different username and someone delete P.V. prior to doing so?

Let me know, thanks..

... Should I re-register and start all over with a different username and someone delete P.V. prior to doing so?

I'm only chipping in here because I suspect I'm up a little earlier than Webzcas but my guess is no, that's not the way to do this. I suspect the easiest would be for us to change your user name through the vBulletin back end. I'll leave that to Webzcas but thought I should mention that you almost certainly don't want to be doing the delete/re-register thing.

I suspect the easiest would be for us to change your user name through the vBulletin back end. I'll leave that to Webzcas but thought I should mention that you almost certainly don't want to be doing the delete/re-register thing.

Yep agree with Max. Worse case scenario is your user name can be changed in the backend. But I don't think it will come to that. This should be resolved by end of play today. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back