what is your internet speed?

:thumbsup: ......

Ha my ping is a little bit faster ...hehe :D

yes the download speed is superfast:thumbsup: but 75$ per month and so an slow upload speed is not normal....

speedtest.jpg

If you try a few different ones you might get a better result. This was my fastest. My slowest was under about 67.

When I download movies it's spikes up to over 10 and then settles down to around 5 or 6 MB/s. A 700MB movie usually takes about 4 or 5 minutes.

No idea what any of this means..lol...but I posted mine in another thread when I was having computer problems...

ping..25 ms
download speed... 29.48 mbps
upload speed... 3.19 mbps

we pay $175 a month for internet/cable/phone

Well it just means that the higher the download speed, the faster you can download for example a movie, and the higher your download speed, the better quality streaming you can have, without hick-ups etc...for example from Netflix (When THEY choose to open their gates and not limit their upload speed.).

I think, with your speed, on average you'd finish downloading a 700 Mb movie in 7-8 minutes, where it would probably take me anywhere between 12 and 15 minutes (If I did anything that isn't legal, and could potentially become very very expensive, if I was busted, which of course I don't... And if I did, I certainly would not brag about it, in a public forum....just saying). ;)

No idea what any of this means..lol...but I posted mine in another thread when I was having computer problems...

ping..25 ms
download speed... 29.48 mbps
upload speed... 3.19 mbps

we pay $175 a month for internet/cable/phone

View attachment 38959

If you try a few different ones you might get a better result. This was my fastest. My slowest was under about 67.

When I download movies it's spikes up to over 10 and then settles down to around 5 or 6 MB/s. A 700MB movie usually takes about 4 or 5 minutes.

That's good speed, Shaw, Rogers, Telus, Cogeco? I am running Telus Optik, I am in a new area and the fibre is pulled right to the house, with 2 TV's (HD) I am getting about 50 down and 3 up.

View attachment 38959

Same...tv maybe a minute or 2...movies maybe 5

That's good speed, Shaw, Rogers, Telus, Cogeco? I am running Telus Optik, I am in a new area and the fibre is pulled right to the house, with 2 TV's (HD) I am getting about 50 down and 3 up.

Rogers here

Rogers.

Same...tv maybe a minute or 2...movies maybe 5
\

We have the same provider. If we both have high speed packages our speeds should be about the same.

Mine's right there with Bryan's. :mad:

I pay $40 a month for 5 Mbps down and .5 Mbps up. And our provider thinks that's just fine and dandy. And it's glitchy.... hiccups abound when trying to watch even a friggin' Youtube... grrrrr... Best they offer is 10Mbps down?!? and that would be another $10 - a month? My ISP doesn't even seem to be trying to upgrade at this time... so I'm stuck in boonieville with crap DSL..

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back