Well that was fun (reformat)

The Viking

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
PABaccred
CAG
MM
Could not get the computer to start up properly this morning in any mode :(
in the en had to reformat my H/D so about 100 films and dozen programs and docs lost,
along with 100´s of screenshots but ill just have to collect them again ;)
but still doesnt look the puter is working as it should, might have to invest in another one :mad::D

Ouch. Maybe just replacing the hard drive would be enough? Back in the olden days I had a Mac, used it mainly for work. I was doing some freelance programming jobs and had stayed up late one night to finish this one thing I was working on, compile it and send the finished thing off to the client. Shut the computer down that night, next morning it wouldn't boot up, just kept giving me that sad Mac face. So I took it in somewhere and they said my hard drive was completely empty. Lost ALL my source code, tons of Photoshop files...I was so stressed out. They ran diagnostics, said the hard drive seemed to be fine, so I took it home, reformatted the drive, reloaded the operating system, got a few programs installed and decided to knock off for the day, next day I booted up - sad mac face...the hard drive was gone again. :mad:

Could not get the computer to start up properly this morning in any mode :(
in the en had to reformat my H/D so about 100 films and dozen programs and docs lost,
along with 100´s of screenshots but ill just have to collect them again ;)
but still doesnt look the puter is working as it should, might have to invest in another one :mad::D

guess it's spilt milk but no backup of that pictures folder?? :eek2::eek2:

try this

try changing main drive and editing drive to ssd drives they might be costly but editing is superfast with flash just have the output sent to normal drive
itc common for the boot sector on some drives to mees up but there still ok at storage drives ive seen it alot with the crap that comes in hp and compaq pcs

While this doesn't help now.... I always makes multiple partitions on my hard drives. E: music, F: pictures, etc. Then, if the hard drive itself is ok, you only lose what's in C drive (which shouldn't be much other than apps) if you reinstall/reformat C:. But even that doesn't help if the drive itself craps out.

I once had an external drive totally crap out, and while transferring the copy/backup of that drive to a new drive, the backup drive also died. Sometimes even having a backup isn't enough. LOL

blue-ray

Only reliable method is to archive to blueray disks the 50-100Gb ones :)

I don't trust hard drives anymore lol, its just a matter of when they will brake not if they will brake :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back