USA People Interested in The Ebola Situation......

The latest I have read is they have about 100 people that have had contact with this person. They are all supposedly being monitored.

In other news, the family/girlfriend and her 5 kids he was staying with disobeyed an order to stay home and left the premises.

They city/CDC then had to get a court order to make them stay put. Who knows how many they may have come in contact with.

Also, Liberia is talking about possible charges against this man because he lied to Airport Officials about having been in contact with an Ebola patient.

When in fact he did have contact with a woman that died from the virus.

This is only going to get worse.

No one finds it odd...

No one finds it odd that this guy comes from libya, gets sick ...goes to the hospital and is LEFT OUT, AND has 5 kids and 4 of which go to seperate schools almost as if it were intentionally set up that way to make the most possible amount of people ill? im sorry but i cant swallow this as a coincidence

This is supposedly his first time here, but he has a girlfriend here that has 5 kids. (Internet romance?)

I just don't understand why that family would not follow the CDC directions and STAY home!

And the hospital sending him home, to her apt, with antibiotics only............. not even thinking

about asking him if he had traveled.

He said, they asked for his social security number and he told them he did not have one because he just came here from Liberia.

That right there should have set things in motion for more questions of the man.

Someone is not telling the whole story.

Oh I absolutely agree... Professionals aren't that mindless. Ehh well war profiteering, fear mongering, and pharmaceutical profits is what this land of the free is about ughhh

What I question is the statement---"It is NOT airborne" and therefore difficult to transmit, because you have to come in CONTACT with "bodily fluids" in order to contract it.

Remember all the cautions throughout the ages to use a hanky when you cough or sneeze because of all the spray you send out into the air? Isn't that spray a bodily fluid---airborne?

MaryJean

What I question is the statement---"It is NOT airborne" and therefore difficult to transmit, because you have to come in CONTACT with "bodily fluids" in order to contract it.

Remember all the cautions throughout the ages to use a hanky when you cough or sneeze because of all the spray you send out into the air? Isn't that spray a bodily fluid---airborne?

MaryJean

Add to that, many of the people working with those countries on the Ebola situation are professionals and wearing hazmat suits, yet, some of them still got the virus................

The DC case is NOT Ebola...
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

And as of an hour ago the US CDC says there is only ONE known case of Ebola in the US...that same guy in Texas.

Sending troops to West Africa to build hospitals, labs, and treatment centers is a good thing. The troops aren't there to treat patients, they're there to give support to those who ARE treating patients, giving them the wherewithal to do so.

Let's not panic until we really have something to panic about.

I wouldn't worry too much, if the UK has a treatment/cure I'm pretty sure the USA has stocks too considering how much US/UK pharma industries are interlinked. We had a cure for this developed at the NBC research centre at Porton Down decades ago, and it was recently used to treat and cure an aid worker last month in London after he returned from the Congo.
The only trouble is the stocks/retention of this cure are very low. The treatment is there though.

I have never heard of a cure, dunover.

I did read when they brought back to the states, those two doctors/aid workers, they were going to give them a serum that had not really been tested.

No you're right 'Z-MAPP' is the drug he was treated with which I believe was based on research and treatment developed in the 1960's to treat what was known as the 'Marburg Virus' in Germany (which it later transpired was a similar virus.) The mortality rate is 55% on average, so sufferers have a nearly a 50-50 chance of surviving if hydrated and healthy anyway. I know the Belgians and British were working on a vaccine/treatment due to their African colonies.

The piece below contains many facts but has a peculiar ' British conspiracy' vein running through it:

No you're right 'Z-MAPP' is the drug he was treated with which I believe was based on research and treatment developed in the 1960's to treat what was known as the 'Marburg Virus' in Germany (which it later transpired was a similar virus.) The mortality rate is 55% on average, so sufferers have a nearly a 50-50 chance of surviving if hydrated and healthy anyway. I know the Belgians and British were working on a vaccine/treatment due to their African colonies.

The piece below contains many facts but has a peculiar ' British conspiracy' vein running through it:

I hear the man in Texas is back in Critical condition and on a ventilator today.

MaryJean

my understanding is that by the time the guy in Dallas made it back to the hospital the 2nd time he was no longer in good enough condition to give him Z-mapp even if they had it available.

there are some fascinating but grim short films on the ebola crisis done by new york times. search "ebola burial boys"

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back