TV 2019

TV is one of those things that crosses continents.
Just curious what new/returning shows you're digging or anticipating.

I havent bothered with cable (general TV) in over a decade , preferring to binge and go commercial free.

For me, some returning fare:
GoT
American Gods
The Good Fight (need at least one legal show :p )
Discovery

Anticipating:
Umbrella Academy
Good Omens

Some maybes/will look into:
Snowpiercer
Watchmen

Game of Thrones is surely the one i'm anticipating the most...one of the best series ever!
Will be a pain, as they don't air it on the regular TV in the Netherlands, and Netflix doesn't have the rights, but i will of course find a way :p

I am not watching anything much lately..somehow i find myself watching YouTube more than Netflix! I like to watch my doc's in 360p instead of HD on Netflix :D
Feels more nostalgic, especially the types of doc's i watch, which are mostly about ancient civilizations, history in general etc. Looks great with a bit of a gritty screen...

I'm not really up to date atm, but if there aren't any doc's to fall asleep to, i prefer Anime or Stand up comedy!

I thought that Killing Eve was good. Watched first series in 1 go like a boss. Waitin paitently for s2.
Also got a thing about foreign women with accents (my last 3 relationshis being with girls from 3 different countries lol), and while physcos aren't usually top of the menu for me there is just something about that particular girl and her nuttyness which drives me even more crazy to the point that I'd still take the gamble and marry her if she was like that in RL ;p

Err, so yeah. It's good :oops:

I thought that Killing Eve was good. Watched first series in 1 go like a boss. Waitin paitently for s2.
Also got a thing about foreign women with accents (my last 3 relationshis being with girls from 3 different countries lol), and while physcos aren't usually top of the menu for me there is just something about that particular girl and her nuttyness which drives me even more crazy to the point that I'd still take the gamble and marry her if she was like that in RL ;p

its downloaded and in my watch list, but if youre hankering for crazy spy ladies try Orphan Black if you havent

Really - I have to say that Killing Eve was one of the very few times I watched a whole TV series, a rare occasion when me and the missus watch something together. I have to say it was the biggest load of crap I ever saw (storyline wise) but was entertaining at the same time. To me it was more of a comedy than a thriller or drama and as a comedy it kinda worked.
It was a poor man's Tarantino - Pulp Fiction

Last edited:
game of thrones s8, American gods s2, star trek discovery s2 and punisher s2 really looking forward to all of them,

i stopped watching actual tv about 3 years ago so will just download something that catches my eye and binge watch so im always many months behind

as i cant stand week to week series,

Seek out and watch all three series of Fortitude if you can. It starts off as one thing, and ends up as something else.

Sheriff Dan is one of the most amazing characters in TV in years.

See also: Wentworth, the re-imagining of Prisoner Cell Block H.

Seek out and watch all three series of Fortitude if you can. It starts off as one thing, and ends up as something else.

Sheriff Dan is one of the most amazing characters in TV in years.

See also: Wentworth, the re-imagining of Prisoner Cell Block H.

Best Australian show Wentworth, the characters are great and the story line is brilliant :)

Really looking forward to season 5 of 'Line of Duty' which I believe is due March / April.

Also with Bowki regarding TWD, think I'll give it to the end of this season and maybe call it a day tho if things don't improve.

Edit: ooh thanks @mina1929 totally forgot about Wentowrth, watched first season and that was it lol :oops:

Tip: Watch the Australian broadcasts of Wentworth if you can get hold of them. The version broadcast on Channel 5 over here are heavily edited, and in some cases have removed violent scenes which actually when removed make subsequent bits...nonsensical.

Really looking forward to season 5 of 'Line of Duty' which I believe is due March / April.

Also with Bowki regarding TWD, think I'll give it to the end of this season and maybe call it a day tho if things don't improve.

Edit: ooh thanks @mina1929 totally forgot about Wentowrth, watched first season and that was it lol :oops:

You have to watch the rest and catch up as it gets really creepy with twist and turns, you only have 5 more seasons to go and seventh season coming out this year :eek2:

I haven't watched anything in a few months but it turns out that 2019 has a few new shows that I am very much interested in - for example, I'll defintiely check The Witcher, Good Omens and Watchmen when they come. Apart from that I found out there will be a What We Do in the Shadows series (I thoroughly recommend the movie by the way), I'm also somewhat interested in checking out Amazon's The Boys and cinemax's Warrior. Then there is His Dark Materials - I don't know the books but parallel universes and fantasy worlds are my thing so I hope it will be good. Oh, apparently there's also a Catch-22 miniseries coming and I loved the book so will definitely want to see that (the cast also seems good, e.g. George Clooney and Hugh Laurie).

I cannot WAIT for the following:

Line of Duty - S5
Peaky Blinders - S5
Game of Thrones - Final Season
Deadliest Catch (is that coming back this year?)

I have to mention the Downton Abbey movie, I still haven't got over the fact that the series is finished :eek:!

Currently re-watching Breaking Bad (which I never thought I'd do) but a family member was watching it for the first time recently, I watched one episode with them and I was hooked on it all over again!

Rachel.

I cannot WAIT for the following:

Line of Duty - S5
Peaky Blinders - S5
Game of Thrones - Final Season
Deadliest Catch (is that coming back this year?)

I have to mention the Downton Abbey movie, I still haven't got over the fact that the series is finished :eek:!

Currently re-watching Breaking Bad (which I never thought I'd do) but a family member was watching it for the first time recently, I watched one episode with them and I was hooked on it all over again!

Rachel.

Ah Breaking Bad what a smart man Walter White was, great show. I still have it on my hard drive and might watch it again :)

You might like Sons Of Anarchy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back