TV 2019

I have a 3, 5 and a 7 year old all girls I'm looking forward to new episodes of peppa pig, PJ masks, paw patrol, mister maker and my fav umi zoomi during the day and at night I look forward to watching any strictly or baking show thanks to the wife and my oldest daughter 17.
See the reason I'm always here now lol blame them.

Really - I have to say that Killing Eve was one of the very few times I watched a whole TV series, a rare occasion when me and the missus watch something together. I have to say it was the biggest load of crap I ever saw (storyline wise) but was entertaining at the same time. To me it was more of a comedy than a thriller or drama and as a comedy it kinda worked.
It was a poor man's Tarantino - Pulp Fiction

Maybe i just fell in love and didnt care so much about how believable it was. lol ;)
It was entertaining and i was effing bored when i found it, stayed up till 6am after starting it at midnight. I rarely watch anything throughout to the end myself, usualy manage to make it through to the end of 1 in every 3 films, walk out the room of most or if alone often goes off..
few lil interesting twists and to actually be "entertained" by a hot babe is much more than I'm used to seeing on tv these dayz ;p

I don't really watch that much tv series (apart from Twin Peaks, but it seems you need to wait around 25 years between the seasons :D), but here's some I find entertaining when I have time to watch them:

Better call Saul
Ray Donovan
StartUp
Silicon Valley
Billions
Fargo

I must be in the minority since I find GoT boring :eek2:

Game of Thrones is surely the one i'm anticipating the most...one of the best series ever!
Will be a pain, as they don't air it on the regular TV in the Netherlands, and Netflix doesn't have the rights, but i will of course find a way :p

I am not watching anything much lately..somehow i find myself watching YouTube more than Netflix! I like to watch my doc's in 360p instead of HD on Netflix :D
Feels more nostalgic, especially the types of doc's i watch, which are mostly about ancient civilizations, history in general etc. Looks great with a bit of a gritty screen...

I'm not really up to date atm, but if there aren't any doc's to fall asleep to, i prefer Anime or Stand up comedy!

If you take a Ziggo subscription including HBO, you'll have all GoT episodes waiting for you.

As to Killing Eve - this is still running in the Netherlands and yes, the story doesn't make any sense, but it's addictive somehow.

The last kingdom. One of the best around. Its like a mix of vikings and game of thrones. I binge watched the hell out of it.
GoT, Vikings, Last Kingdom (last of which i binged recent season this week) all awesome.
If you like those 3, try Into the Badlands, if you havent

I don't really watch that much tv series (apart from Twin Peaks, but it seems you need to wait around 25 years between the seasons :D), but here's some I find entertaining when I have time to watch them:

Better call Saul

I must be in the minority since I find GoT boring :eek2:

How close (or not) is this to the Breaking Bad theme (which I loved)

Considered it a few times but never actually got round to watching it.

How close (or not) is this to the Breaking Bad theme (which I loved)

Considered it a few times but never actually got round to watching it.

It's a prequel. But ... I never watched BB, not even a single episode :eek:

I'll probably take BB on once BcS is finished. I know, not much of an answer to your question ... Typed it anyway :D

The Good Fight (need at least one legal show :p )

Although I already had one on my list, I gotta say I'm looking forward to the new season of Goliath, can't go wrong with Billy Bob Thornton as the lead and one of the best IMDB one-liners for a legal show:

"A disgraced lawyer, now an ambulance chaser, gets a case that could bring him redemption or at least revenge on the firm which expelled him."

:lolup:

Of course Curb Your Enthusiasm, could well be the last series but consistently brilliant throughout, of course GoT just for time invested in it and I hope they haven't made it too Fantasia after straying from the books. Hotpie for the chair?......

Britannia for comedy, because it is a comedy, and they probably blew 300mil on the budget just to have the *good* cast call each other wankers in Roman times, and the druids portrayed as stoner, drug-addled swingers with big black eyes, led by none other than Gareth from The Office.

But most curious has to be the Dredd spin-off series birthed by 'Dredd' in 2012, which was great for once but wouldn't get a sequel! They also nabbed Karl Urban to reprise the role, don't know if it's Netflix or Amazon but one I'm anticipating.

And not forgetting Westworld, grab a pen and paper when watching an episode or just bring along an interpreter, but either way, highly watchable with a (diminishingly) interesting concept.

And Legion for its batshit crazyness, the lead actor is pretty superb in it and we're now already approaching series 3! :D

These are the shows I'm waiting for new series of, Game of thrones, Mr Mercedes, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Rick and Morty, Westworld, The Punisher, True Detective and there's probably more.

Ones I currently watch are The Walking Dead, The Orville-new series just started, Brooklyn Nine Nine-new series just started, Vikings, The Curse of Oak Island, Gold Rush-both Alaska and White Water, Project Bluebook, Ozark, Mindhunter, Nightflyers, Making a Murderer, Counterpart and again there's probably more.

I have a 3, 5 and a 7 year old all girls I'm looking forward to new episodes of peppa pig, PJ masks, paw patrol, mister maker and my fav umi zoomi during the day and at night I look forward to watching any strictly or baking show thanks to the wife and my oldest daughter 17.
See the reason I'm always here now lol blame them.

ya my six year old boy used to love peppa pig but these days deadpool 1 and 2 are his go to movies so at least we can both watch,

I like a lot of old school stuff.
The invaders old series is excellent, as is the twilight zone.
Modern stuff I love walking dead and the fear of series.
The west wing, sons of anarchy, vikings...
Never been able to like nor get into game of thrones (probably get me a ban saying that haha)
Also the shield was really great

Im still pissed the mist got canceled! It may not have been great to others but I really enjoyed it.

Im currently catching up on walking dead. Ending of season 8 was like wow. Really enjoyed it except for the very last big thing, poor writing and going down a road that I think will be the point in making the series turn that corner where it goes bad.

Im glad for netflix and other sites because I dont have time and cant stand commercials. And I like to let series get at least 1 season deep before watching one. Id prefer a whole series end then start and just binge it.

Im still pissed the mist got canceled! It may not have been great to others but I really enjoyed it.

Im currently catching up on walking dead. Ending of season 8 was like wow. Really enjoyed it except for the very last big thing, poor writing and going down a road that I think will be the point in making the series turn that corner where it goes bad.

Im glad for netflix and other sites because I dont have time and cant stand commercials. And I like to let series get at least 1 season deep before watching one. Id prefer a whole series end then start and just binge it.
Lock I watched the last episode of season 8 of the walking dead today, I’ve not read any spoilers, but not overly excited to watch season 9...
Keeping negan alive as some kind of anti hero was just silly.
Totally agree the writing of the whole of series 8 was shit.
I can’t really see a way back for series 9, I’ll no doubt attempt it, just don’t want the early days of the walking dead to lose credit, it was excellent upto 8 I must say.

punisher's come and gone, orville and discovery currently running and GoT soon..but maaaannn, are they ever dragging their ass on season 2 of Lost in Space :(

Never took to Lost in Space to be honest - missed the cartooning of the original: all seemed a bit too serious ;)

Could have been worse - Matt Leblanc could have turned up for a cameo.

Did you make it through the two seasons of Punisher? I never liked the Castle character - too 1 Dimensional to hold a series IMO- Daredevil had it's best season in season 3 and got hoofed. :mad:

Anything i watch seems to get dragged out and makes me lose interest - new season, recycle some characters and play it out like the season before. Some shows just need 2 seasons max.

Must go - off to watch NCIS Season 678

How about Dark Matter, that was a crime when Scyfy binned it, the bastards

Got Amazon Prime recently (because I don't have enough TV programming around) and despite just wanting quick deliveries I've now been duped into checking out their selection of shows.

Was going to peruse American Gods, sounds pretty intriguing, plus they have the new Vikings series as well. I'd forgotten if I'd watched season 4, tried to glimpse some recollective visual recaps and was soon at ease when I saw Lagertha cut the guy at the stake's shlong off :eek2:

True Detective 3 is a lot better than I'd envisaged, so that should keep me going until they finally make that Dredd series :D

Last edited:
How about Dark Matter, that was a crime when Scyfi binned it, the bastards

Got Amazon Prime recently (because I don't have enough TV programming around) and despite just wanting quick deliveries I've now been duped into checking out their selection of shows.

Was going to peruse American Gods, sounds pretty intriguing, plus they have the new Vikings series as well. I'd forgotten if I'd watched season 4, tried to glimpse some recollective visual recaps and was soon at ease when I saw Lagertha cut the guy at the stake's shlong off :eek2:

True Detective 3 is a lot better than I'd envisaged, so that should keep me going until they finally make that Dredd series :D
That true detective good?.. I’ve not seen any, worth starting from the beginning mate?..

That true detective good?.. I’ve not seen any, worth starting from the beginning mate?..
Yes, 100%

Each series has a new set of protagonists, first one was a milestone for television, just for Matthew McConnaghey's performance alone

Yes, 100%

Each series has a new set of protagonists, first one was a milestone for television, just for Matthew McConnaghey's performance alone
Oh lovely.
I’ll start tomorrow evening, or when I’m offshore for 3 weeks.
I got prime and Netflix, is it amazon you say I can get this visual feast?..

punisher's come and gone, orville and discovery currently running and GoT soon..but maaaannn, are they ever dragging their ass on season 2 of Lost in Space :(
Did you make it through the two seasons of Punisher? I never liked the Castle character
ya, it was pretty decent
wont miss iron fist nor luke cage

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back